Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Looking for large padded opuntias out of the ordinary fo

Posted by jedo2 none (jeaners127@gmail.com) on
Wed, Aug 8, 12 at 0:06

Hello, I am looking for out of the ordinary types of opuntias, especially if it cold hardy and large padded. I have a couple of interesting types to trade but my collection is limited. I have a large padded spineless O. engelmannii from NM area to offer. Grows pads 10-14" in length.
Looking for prickly pears that grow big, take unusual forms like deformities and variagated types. Please drop me an email jeaners127@gmail.com and any pics. Thanks, Jean

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Looking for large padded opuntias out of the ordinar

Wow, they are big! Mine are much smaller but can take Ct. winter.

o

I do like that opuntia in the picture. I have what people call an "old Mexico", or frog foot opuntia. I have never found a name for it. It is cold hardy to about 14 F. It gets cold damaged at that point and lays down on the ground, I have the spineless Opuntia cacanapa var ellisiana Z 6 or 7.I have a opuntia chenille AKA Opuntia aciculata. You can get ahold of me through my member page if you are interested

o

You GOTTA LOVE .... the Internet !

I am also into Large Pad Opuntia ...and have several varieties. One has pads 22 inches Long and 12 inches across

Along with lots of other Cacti ... Agaves and Euphorbias ... etc

Drop me a line at ...

. frankly_speaking1234@hotmail.com

and we can chat some more

Frank

o

The Butterfly ... has a wing span of 11 inches.

o

Are you interested in pads of Opuntia quimilo? Pads can be up to 20" long and 10" wide. Frost tolerance is said to be down to 20F.

Jordi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here