Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
farmerted361

HAVE: Cacti for trade

farmerted361
17 years ago

I have the following to trade:

Hatiora gaertneri Synonym: Rhipsalidopsis gaertneri (Easter Cactus) Lovely Deep Orange star burst shaped flowers. Looks like Christmas cactus:)

Rooted pups of an Echinopsis sp. It gets two to three feet tall or so there abouts, and has humongous light pink trumpet shaped flowers, hence the nickname Bloomis Humongous.

3 rooted Mammillaria elongata 'Copper King'

2 rooted Mammillaria mainiae 'Counter-Clockwise Fishhook'

Dark Blackish Green with Burgundy spines, Really Nice color contrast! Flowers readily all summer long:)

1 rooted Echinopsis multiplex pup

3 Rhipsalis crispata cuttings

Thanks, farmerted361:)

Comments (6)

• gw:plant_babies
    17 years ago

What are you looking for in trade, or will you send some for postage?

:)

• farmerted361
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Posted by plant.babies Zone 7-8(gw:plant.babies) on Fri, Aug 18, 06 at 13:57

What are you looking for in trade, or will you send some for postage?
    :)
    Hi, plant.babies
    I'm looking for the following Cacti from North, Central and South America only.

Any Arthrocereus, Brasilicereus, Cephalocereus, Chamaelobivia, Cleistocactus, Corryocactus, Discocactus, Echinocereus, Echinopsis, Epiphyllum, Gymnocalycium, Haageocereus, Hatiora, Lepismium, Lobevia, Mammillaria, Melocactus, Micranthocereus, Peniocereus, Pilosocereus, Pseudoacanthocereus, Pygmaeocereus, Lobevia, Rebutia, Rhipsalis, Selenicereus, Stenocereus, Sulcorebutia, Trichocereus, Weberbauerocereus, and so on. Anything that flowers!!! Bonus if it has a sweet smell!!!

I have the following left for trade:
    3 rooted Mammillaria elongata 'Copper King'

2 rooted Mammillaria mainiae 'Counter-Clockwise Fishhook'
    Dark Blackish Green with Burgundy spines, Really Nice color contrast! Flowers readily all summer long

1 rooted Echinopsis multiplex pup

3 Rhipsalis crispata cuttings

2 Epiphyllum ackermannii rooted cuttings. Orange to red. Flat and triangular, somewhat spiny growth.

1 cutting of Hatiora gaertneri Synonym: Rhipsalidopsis gaertneri (Easter Cactus) Lovely Deep Orange star burst shaped flowers. Looks like Christmas cactus:)

Sorry the pups of,
    Echinopsis var. paramount hybrid 'Los Angeles'
    aka: Bloomis Humungus are gone:(

If you don't have what I'm looking for I can send these for postage.
    2 rooted Pediocactus simpsonii
    one is 4inches+ ? the other is 2inches

This is my policy to prepare plants for shipment:

To devide and or take cuttings, in advance of a trade to be listed. I place divisions aside in a pot of their own keeping them on the dry side for shipping. Cuttings are left out to callus off in a timely fashion before being offered up for trade.

Shipping:

I only ship Priority Mail, in a mailing box with the roots wrapped with a slightly damp paper towel and covered with a plastic bag.

Notice:

Some plants are shipped dry root to prevent rotting, not all plants can be shipped with damp roots.

The rest of the plant will be wrapped in newspaper, and if I have it bubble-wrap to fill in the packing if not then it will be newspaper. A label will be placed on the box stating: "LIVE PLANT(S) AND OR SEEDS HAND CANCEL, PLEASE HANDEL WITH CARE." I ship out on Mondays only in late mornings or early afternoons unless otherwise requested. Track & Confirm numbers (info) will be agreed to be provided upon request prior to the closing of the trade.

Thanks, farmerted361

• gw:plant_babies
    17 years ago

LOL -- I don't even recognize most of the names you posted! You must be a very dedicated collector.

The ones you will send for postage sound great if you have a mind, but don't go to any extra trouble. I have received sansv. for postage, so can give you a reference if you wish.

Some people believe if you mark a box "fragile" it will be deliberately squished. I haven't received plants marked in any way, so this would be a good test of the mail system.

warm regards,
    pb

• farmerted361
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Please contact me by my email address for information.

Thanks, farmerted361:)

• whodunit_cactiman
    16 years ago

If you have any cacti left for trade please e-mail me at jolly_rancherscream@hotmail.com

• bonsai_bliss
    16 years ago

I have just created a google webpage to illustrate all of the succulents I have for trade. If you are interested please take a look. There are 19 very nice pictures that took me bout an hour to put together. My tastes in species vary. Please if you are interested send me an email.

Woundedtung@hotmail.com

Here is a link that might be useful: My succulents 4 trade-> PICTURES

Sponsored
Preferred General Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Fairfax County's Specialized, Comprehensive Renovations Firm