Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
poohbearlvr

WANTED: Stapelia/Huernia 'Pendula'

PoohBearLvr
9 years ago

Hi. Does anyone have, or know where I can get this Huernia or Stapelia. I had a big pot of it and it has now just rotted to nothing in 1 week! I am heart broken:( I grew it from 1 stem, and I got it off of EBay. But now all the ones listed there are from Italy, or Germany or the Czech Republic...not exactly easy to get! I cant recall where I got it from originally. So I thought to ask in here. Does anyone have this prostrate growing Huernia/Stapelia??? Willing to trade $$$$ for some cuts? Or know where I can buy it?
I cant believe I lost my big pot. but it has been very rainy this last month, and sure enough, it is gone! Can anyone help?

Comments (9)

• denniso_z9_so_cal
    9 years ago

I checked on Miles' To Go in AZ and they carry Huernia
    pendula at $4.00 a plant plus shipping. I've purchased from Miles and was very pleased.
    Dennis

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    9 years ago

poohbearlvr,
    It would help it you knew what you are looking for. No picture of flower? Size of flower? Stapelias are larger growing and some have flowers 10 inches or more. Most are just a few inches. The Huernias has much smaller flowers and ave. 1 to 1/2 inch. Both grow great in a hanging basket. Miles to Go got so many, you may be confused but at only $4 each and they are well grown. I too purchased from them.
    Stush

• PoohBearLvr
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Huernia Pendula is now one of my favorites. so easy to grow. Lots of tiny blooms. I was probably looking for 'Stapelia Hirsuta' or 'Zebrina Magniflora' i got a type of large flowered zebrina from Miles, but it isnt Magniflora, his is called 'Super Z' ...i have gotten blooms from several plants, but it rots VERY easily no matter how dry i keep it, but i have 2 good growing little ones,in bloom now. so it was probably one of them. I cant find Hirsuta for the life of me!
    A big furry pink/red flowered Stapelia. I had one that was just unreal. And it died so fast, but that was years ago,and i am still looking for one.

• senjanevada
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Hi, did we swap before? I think I have Hirsuta, but not sure. I messed up with the IDs, lost or felt or chewed my my doggie.s. I have to wait til they bloom again. Here are the pics from last year bloom. Hope you find what you are looking for.

• PoohBearLvr
    Original Author
    8 years ago

those two are what i am looking for, i have plenty of Pendula, but i still cant find this color large Stapelia, that has a very airy red/maroon bloom, or with red/maroon tips and a pink to red all over color in the bloom. Anyone have this one? Either of these would be nearly perfect!

• senjanevada
    8 years ago

Do you have the pic of your Pendula? I may be able to cut 1-2 stems of each to swap with your Pendula. Let me know. Thanks.

• PoohBearLvr
    Original Author
    8 years ago

this is Pendula...i have (2) 5in pots of it. not huge plants, but they are not huge long plants anyway, they break segments easily but bloom frequently to. Heres what it looks like. Bloom, the plant has thin pencil thick type stems,very light green to almost a golden color, and it is in segments about pencil long,or less, VERY easy to root. I looked for my plant pic. cant find it, but i find segments off of them from time to time. I plant them up if i want to start a new plant. They are a smallish plant, a main center, like an octopus almost, and it sends out stems from the center and the segments grow loner, till they snap off from wind or getting hit by something the flowers are tiny and do hang downward. thats about it. No odor, and they look like tiny little bells. Hope that helps. Any pics of your plant?

• senjanevada
    8 years ago

posted my pics above

• PoohBearLvr
    Original Author
    8 years ago

didnt notice the date, but it only shows the bloom, which i love, but not how big the plant is. Are you offering a stem or a rooted set of stems/segments, or what? A stem or 2 will take a long time to root and grow big enough to bloom.

Sponsored