Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Wanted: Lithops and Conophytums

Posted by orchidnick z9Ca (orchidnick@yahoo.com) on
Mon, Nov 12, 07 at 13:16

Would like to trade for members of this group. Have some Ascelepiad cuttings and a small variety of 'General Interest' cactus to offer for trade, also Epiphyllum cuttings and Orchid divisions.

Nick

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Wanted: Lithops and Conophytums

Hello. I have many varieties of Lithops Seeds. I ordered them from Sweden. Interested in seeds? Or just plants.

mr_firefly@yahoo.com

o

I'm willing to try seeds, let me know what you are interested in.

Nick

o

I wouldn't mind giving
Trichocereus peruviana crested a try. Check out my list to see what else I can seed with the 20+ kinds of Lithops. What is the size of it?

o

The crested piece is rooted and about 6" to 8" across. I'll measure it when I get home. I would be interested in the Echeveria and as many of the Schick hybrids I can talk you out of. Please see my trade list, in addition to the cacti listed, I have a fairly large number of Epiphyllums that could yield cuttings or even whole plants and an even larger number of Orchids, Cattleyas, Oncidiums and Dendrobiums of many different varieties.

LMK, Nick

o
Correction

Sorry, scratch the Echeveria, I was thinking of Sanseveria.

Nick

o

I have about 10 hybrids that are ready to go. Plus the Lithops seeds. (VERY easy from seed.)

As far as Epi's, I don't have many of those. I am looking for one called "3 Oranges" and really any kind that blooms orange, purple, and one called "Clown".
Orchids would be very nice, but I need to pass on that. I like them, but I am afraid I would start collecting them too... :)

-Mike

-Mike

o

Hi Mike

I have '3 Oranges' and 'Clown' I could send you these. Let me find them tomorrow and see what kind of plants they are. I know that 'Three Oranges' just bloomed out of season, not unusual for this plant; nice brilliant orange. I have no idea what 'Clown' is like, I have to locate it. I have a number of plants that bloom in the colors you desire. Would you like a larger number of cuttings or whole plants? The other plant which has been sought after is Opuntia argentinea aka Brasiliopuntia brasiliensis, I have a nicely rooted 1' tall little tree of it.

LMK, Nick

o

I think I'd be interested in a plant of the 3 oranges for sure. That one is hard to find, and my personal fav. And then cuttings of whatever you'd like to send...

Email me...

mr_firefly@yahoo.com

o

Here is the situation on these 2 Epis:

"3 Oranges" has 6 shoots and a well developed root system, it has bloomed for me once about 4 weeks ago. There is a second plant which has 2 well developed shoots and is rooted. You can choose either one.

"Clown" had a rot problem at the base of the main plant, it now appears resolved and there is a weak new growth. I made a cutting prior to treating and rescuing the main plant, the cutting is now rooted and is starting its first new growth. I would not recommend the main plant, take the cutting.

As I said I have other plants in the colors you like. I don't know how big the hybrids are so I would prefer if you would structure the trade, let me know what you would like me to send you.

At the present I'm sending:
Trychocereus peruvianii crested, 6" x 4"
"Three Oranges", rooted plant (Choose one)
"Clown", rooted cutting with new growth starting
Unspecified Epi cuttings or rooted plants, to be discussed.

Nick

o

That sounds great, Nick. I would like the 6 shoots plant of the 3 oranges. This list looks great. Please email me off group, so we can exchange addresses.

mr_firefly@yahoo.com

Thank you...
-Michael

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here