Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
orchidnick

WANTED: Wanted: Lithops and Conophytums

orchidnick
16 years ago

Would like to trade for members of this group. Have some Ascelepiad cuttings and a small variety of 'General Interest' cactus to offer for trade, also Epiphyllum cuttings and Orchid divisions.

Nick

Comments (10)

• mr_firefly
    16 years ago

Hello. I have many varieties of Lithops Seeds. I ordered them from Sweden. Interested in seeds? Or just plants.

mr_firefly@yahoo.com

• orchidnick
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'm willing to try seeds, let me know what you are interested in.

Nick

• mr_firefly
    16 years ago

I wouldn't mind giving
    Trichocereus peruviana crested a try. Check out my list to see what else I can seed with the 20+ kinds of Lithops. What is the size of it?

• orchidnick
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The crested piece is rooted and about 6" to 8" across. I'll measure it when I get home. I would be interested in the Echeveria and as many of the Schick hybrids I can talk you out of. Please see my trade list, in addition to the cacti listed, I have a fairly large number of Epiphyllums that could yield cuttings or even whole plants and an even larger number of Orchids, Cattleyas, Oncidiums and Dendrobiums of many different varieties.

LMK, Nick

• orchidnick
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sorry, scratch the Echeveria, I was thinking of Sanseveria.

Nick

• mr_firefly
    16 years ago

I have about 10 hybrids that are ready to go. Plus the Lithops seeds. (VERY easy from seed.)

As far as Epi's, I don't have many of those. I am looking for one called "3 Oranges" and really any kind that blooms orange, purple, and one called "Clown".
    Orchids would be very nice, but I need to pass on that. I like them, but I am afraid I would start collecting them too... :)

-Mike

-Mike

• orchidnick
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Mike

I have '3 Oranges' and 'Clown' I could send you these. Let me find them tomorrow and see what kind of plants they are. I know that 'Three Oranges' just bloomed out of season, not unusual for this plant; nice brilliant orange. I have no idea what 'Clown' is like, I have to locate it. I have a number of plants that bloom in the colors you desire. Would you like a larger number of cuttings or whole plants? The other plant which has been sought after is Opuntia argentinea aka Brasiliopuntia brasiliensis, I have a nicely rooted 1' tall little tree of it.

LMK, Nick

• mr_firefly
    16 years ago

I think I'd be interested in a plant of the 3 oranges for sure. That one is hard to find, and my personal fav. And then cuttings of whatever you'd like to send...

Email me...

mr_firefly@yahoo.com

• orchidnick
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Here is the situation on these 2 Epis:

"3 Oranges" has 6 shoots and a well developed root system, it has bloomed for me once about 4 weeks ago. There is a second plant which has 2 well developed shoots and is rooted. You can choose either one.

"Clown" had a rot problem at the base of the main plant, it now appears resolved and there is a weak new growth. I made a cutting prior to treating and rescuing the main plant, the cutting is now rooted and is starting its first new growth. I would not recommend the main plant, take the cutting.

As I said I have other plants in the colors you like. I don't know how big the hybrids are so I would prefer if you would structure the trade, let me know what you would like me to send you.

At the present I'm sending:
    Trychocereus peruvianii crested, 6" x 4"
    "Three Oranges", rooted plant (Choose one)
    "Clown", rooted cutting with new growth starting
    Unspecified Epi cuttings or rooted plants, to be discussed.

Nick

• mr_firefly
    16 years ago

That sounds great, Nick. I would like the 6 shoots plant of the 3 oranges. This list looks great. Please email me off group, so we can exchange addresses.

mr_firefly@yahoo.com

Thank you...
    -Michael

Sponsored