Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: question

Posted by ravenschild 6b (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 10, 06 at 18:55

Can anyone tell me the best way of removing those silly straw flowers they glue to cactus. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: question

Hi,

You'll have better luck (or better advice) posting in the discussion side. This side is for trading plants and the discussion side is more active. But if I remember correctly I once read on the forum that someone used a blow dryer to warm up the glue and made it easier to remove.

If you post in the discussion side you'll probably get a better response.

o
RE: WANTED: question

I took the straw flowers off of my Fairy Castle cactus, they were put on with hot glue which peels off easily if you do it slowly. None of the plant was damaged when I removed the glue.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here