Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Wanted: Schlumbergera x buckley preferably white

Posted by kbugs405 Michigan (kdarrow405@aol.com) on
Thu, Dec 3, 09 at 9:34

Hi, I am looking for cuttings of Schlumbergera x buckley preferably white, but will take whatever you have. I like to get them from as many different plants as possible. This is the "real" christmas cactus that is no longer available unless someone has it in their home. This must be a Buckley, I am not looking for Zygos. In trade I can offer Zygo's in several different colors, including yellow, or a red Schlumbergera x buckley from my family.

kay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Wanted: Schlumbergera x buckley preferably white

Kay,

Please let me know if you find a source for White as I too am looking for this color.

FYI I have an old fashion Christmas cactus that has been in my wife's family for at least 50 years. I started my plant from cuttings from this plant. My primary plant is roughly 30" wide so it produces 75-100 cutting per year that I typically plant and give to my friends. All my friends now have plants so I have cuttings that I can give you or if you live near Toledo, OH, I can give you a plant.

o

Thank you for your response......still looking for the elusive white buckleyi. I am actually very close to Toledo. We just live up by MIS. Love to have some cuttings. Like I said I like to get them from as many different mother plants as possible, as they all end up producing a little bit differently.

o

jbano,

I you still have some cuttings available from your wife's family's old fashioned Christmas Cactus available, I'd love to have some cuttings come spring. I'm down the highway in Zanesville, Ohio and would be willing to trade or pay postage.

Tina

o

I purchased my white buckleyi segments about 1 1/2 years ago from a seller on Ebay. Watch ebay - she lists (under Christmas Cactus and not Schlumbergera)white buckleyi quite often, especially in the Fall when people are beginning to think of Christmas & Thanksgiving cactus. It's taken it a while to take off but is having a great growth spurt this Spring, now a nice plant growing profusely!

I put all my Christmas,Thanksgiving & Easter cactus outside in shade in the spring (usually April 1 here in Ft. Worth) and bring them back in when our temps go down to 40. By this time they have really put on so much new growth, are extremely healthy, are all in full bud, and put on a glorious show in my sunroom; the Thanksgiving bloom all winter, then the Christmas/Buckleyi begin blooming sometime in January, Easter come along in March. By putting them outside in April it gives them a real growth boost, and I can be assured they will be loaded with buds as the temps get cool and days get shorter - they love it.

o

I think what I got last fall from a friend is the type you are looking for although I am not sure yet what color it will bloom,But i can send you some starts off of it for a few from yours if you are interested, I can also send you a picture of it first to make sure it is what you are looking for.
dingos_mom

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here