Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wanted: lrg.flowered huernia schneideriana maroon

Posted by floridabear 10b (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 30, 07 at 9:44

I think it is a huernia. There is the VERY common variety that has a maroon flower about the size of a dime. BUT I got a large flowered one, that is the same except the flower is bumpy inside and about the size of a big nickel or small quarter. Does anyone have THIS variety?. I cant recall who I got it from on EBay. Everyone is selling the common one with the tiny flower,but no one seems to have the big flowered one. Not knowing the correct name doesnt help. I have so little of it,if it rots or dies,I am out of luck. So I am hunting for more of it. It looks exactly the same as the Schneideriana,except the flower is 2-3 times the size and the inside of it is very bumpy,it has 5 pointed petal tips,and it is deep maroon. Anyone have this one? Please!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wanted: lrg.flowered huernia schneideriana maroon

Hello,
It sounds like you have the typical one - flower sizes will vary slightly - and keep in mind there are many species of Huernia, and I'm sure many have been hybridized/crossed (by accident, usually) So you would probably be better off asking for A Huernia, with larger size flowers, not a specific type.

o
Oops

Hi again,
I just wanted to let you know I didn't mean to offend you - It's just that I'm trying to help :)

o
RE: wanted: lrg.flowered huernia schneideriana maroon

I thank you. I do mean one that looks like this huernia..i have found out it is named 'Keniensis'? I have seen a picture of the flower..it is VERY big..it might be a private cross...I dont know. BUT that is the 'parent' I guess of what I am looking for. It's flower is about the size of a BIG nickel..not that tiny dime size of the 'Schneideriana', that everyone has. It has the bumpy texture of this 'Keniensis',I saw a picture of it in a search for this one,and it was a self cross...and it made the flower huge!

So I think I am looking for a huge Huernia Keniensis

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here