Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I got a new phone

Posted by kuroc z8 AR (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 26, 14 at 13:19

I just got a galaxy S4 active. I wanted to test posting a pic with it.
Here is a pic of my plant stand. Tell me if it is sideways.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I got a new phone

No, just sagging!

o

LOL, yep! What a cute little forest of cute little plants!

o

Looks great!!

Kiroc- would you share your light setup I'm interested in doing the same next season as my plants are struggling every year when I bring them in sorry to butt in but I'm curious as to what your doing

o

My light setup is three of those shoplights from walmart. Word of warning the ballasts in them can burn up fast. I bought five of them and two of them burnt out on me.
There are two on the middle shelf and one up top for my seedlings.
Next month I'm replacing the lights on the middle shelf with 4 clamp lights with 105 watt 6500k cfl's in the them. I'm getting the bulbs off amazon for 52 dollar for the four of them.

Then I'm going too move the two lights from the middle shelf to the top so I can grow more seedlings.

o

I buy my shop lights at Home Depot. Never had a ballast problem. You have a nice set up!

o

Pop a couple Fulham workhorses' in the fixtures and let er' eat!

http://horse.fulham.com/product-systems/fluorescent-systems/ballasts/workhorse-ballasts/workhorse-in-fixture-ballasts/

o

I'd like to see a picture of your whole shelf, as I'd like to do something akin to this! Looks like you have a fun collection!

A question on the lights: do you find that it matters whether you use grow lights vs. ordinary shop lights? Or are they the same?

o

Grow lights are no diffent then shop lights as long as you use the right bulbs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here