Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
joe_fristoe

What I have and suggestions for new additions

Bama_Joe
9 years ago

I have the below list and would like some additions. I do not have a cactus and would like a unique one as well. Also, where is a good place to order online? I do hit Home Depot and Lowes (summer), but would like a source for unique or just flat out locally unavailable and interesting specimens.

I like tree form specimens, but also like others so am not picky

Crassula Ovata, Jade Plant
Crassula tetragona, 'Mini Pine Tree'
Crassula platyphylla, Crassula Burgundy
Crassula Argentea, 'Gollum'
Crassula Argentea, 'Hummel's Sunset Jade'
Crassula Argentea, 'Jade Plant E.T.'s Fingers'
Crassula Argentea compacta, 'Crosby's Compact Mini Jade'

Kalanchoe tomentosa, Panda Plant
Kalanchoe tubiflora, 'Kalanchoe Maternity Plant'

Sedum Hybrid, Donkey Tail 'Burrito'
Sedum praeltum cristata

Echeveria Pulvinata
Echeveria, 'Princess Blue'
Echeveria, 'Candy Corn'
Echeveria, 'Dusty Rose'
Echeveria, 'Aphrodite'
Echeveria Pulidonis
Echeveria Harmsii, 'Plush Plant'
Echeveria elegant, 'Mexican Snowball'
Echeveria 'Black Prince'
Echeveria 'Sunburst'
Echeveria 'Chroma'
Echeveria 'Carribean

Graptopetalum paraguayense 'Ghostly'

Jovibarba heuffelli hybrid

Comments (6)

• cardiovascular
    9 years ago

2 online sources I have purchased from and therefore can personally recommend are...

C and D Plants: http://www.canddplants.com
    Arid Lands: http://aridlands.com/catalog/

I believe some members have listed other online sources before in some older threads.

• rina_Ontario,Canada 5a
    9 years ago

Joe

That is pretty good list to begin with.

Your K. tubiflora will have many, many babies very soon...better get some small pots ready - or just get rid of them.
    And make sure you have lights ready - I know you have some good set up & getting more.

Maybe you should post small photos of them individually (in same thread using photo hosting site) - Rina

• Bama_Joe
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I'm a bit confused with the Tylecon. It says they are winter growth season, but people are growing them indoors? I was trying to find them after seeing their unique tree form, but now I am not sure what to think of the winter growth. Do they adjust to indoor temps? Any ideas of similar plants?

Joe

Lighting and tubes are in and installing tomorrow (8 bulb t5 Quantum with 6500k).

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5
    9 years ago

Tylecodons are definite winter growers. For those of us up north, they have to be inside the (green)house to live through winter. Yes, they adjust to the indoor.

Similar in what way? Winter-growing?

• nomen_nudum
    9 years ago

Are you asking: Do Tylecodons grow like outher winter growers ? Yes, Although winter VS winter will have some slight cultivating differances Most all winter growers are basicly the same

General rule is keep winter growers close to bright for shorter times during summers brighter warmer times they also bennifit by being cooler during summer ( where ever cooler is when the temps are in the 90's ) Then aim for warmer when cooler times arive Tricky still is less watering during a winter growers dormant summer but slightly more watering during it's winter growing season while keeping them warmer during the northern winters cooldest times

Not to be taken as fact, of the succulents I have to compare the East side Tylecodons grow nearly the same as any of the West side Adromischus in the winter but during the warmer summers the two of these have very little in common would say the same if picked Port. afras to compare I could say they are the same cultivating as Gasteria but.........

• Bama_Joe
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I really liked the look of them. When I asked for similar plants, I meant something that wasn't a winter grower. I'd like to (for now at least) keep the plants to similar cycles. I'm too green to purchase a plant that is flip flopped in the way it grows and what it needs (unless I misunderstood). Loved the look of them (some of the thick trunk especially).