Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mimigold_gw

Tiny divots & yellowing in Jade leaves

MimiGold
10 years ago

I am new to succulents. This Jade plant is my first one which was given to my 3 year old grand-daughter by a lady who works at the local garden center.They were actually throwing away the 1 1/2 inch tall specimens to make room for the fall/winter plants but one lady gave it to her for free. Of course, I am the caretaker LOL

A little background on the plant:

I repotted it in Black Gold Cactus Mix Potting Soil & it stayed outside until the weather began dropping into the 40's at night. Upon bring it inside, it sits in a corner window in my bedroom where it receives morning sun from the eastern window and afternoon sun from the southern window. For cloudy days & sometimes after the sun has descended on partially sunny days, it will sit under its own fluorescent desk lamp. (6500K & 1300 lumens.)

No leaves have dropped off since we brought it home. And in the last month or so it has developed a few more leaves on top. It is only watered if the moisture meter points to the "dry" zone, which has been twice since early November.

In the pictures I have included, are what appear to be little "divots" in the leaves or tiny tan "craters" on the leaf surface.These are only on the bottom 2 leaves and have been there since we brought it home. I have wiped all of the leaves down on both sides and the stem with rubbing alcohol & a Q-tip two times since we got it. At first I thought it might be scale, but like I said before, they are more like "divots" or "craters" in the leaves. I mentioned before I am new to succulents, so I don't know what caused this. Being a novice, I kind of think perhaps they are scars from being wounded when shipped to the nursery or just from being mishandled. But what do I know? LOL And that is why I am here. I am hoping someone might have the answer.

Also, on these same leaves, they are a little yellow from the center of the leaves to the tips. Again, the leaves were like this when we got it. No other leaves have this yellowing. However, I do see one or two tiny, dark brown, circular, almost necrotic spots on another leaf or two... neither of which are on the new growth. I do not know if they were there when we brought it home or if they developed after we got it. Anyone know what it is?

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County