Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finally its Allowing me to Post pictures again:

Posted by hijole 9 Sunny California (aguilerag2@aol.com) on
Fri, Jan 24, 14 at 19:50

Who misses spring & summer yet, I miss all the growth and all the new offsets that show up so that I can make more plants.

Also I just wanted to post a picture to see if this was working, it hadnt been allowing me to post pictures for the last 2 0r 3 months.

Greg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finally its Allowing me to Post pictures again:

Wow, great colors, Greg! It looks like it's underwater. Best night time photo I've seen.

o

Wow!! For a second... Thought I was seeing a saltwater fish tank!! ;)
Beautiful assortment

Chuy

o

Greg, maybe the photos you were trying to post were too large. I tried to post a photo just over the 5mb limit, and it would not accept it, so I cropped it a bit and was able to post. These new cameras with higher megapixels take photos that use a lot of space.

Christopher

o

Try setting your camera at a lower resolution - you may find that the picture quality is hardly affected and the picture size will be much smaller. I take all of my pics for my web pages at the lowest resolution setting.

I use IrfanView free software (Google it) to re-size my pics - I have found it to be very easy to use.

JP
Cultivating cacti of eastern Brazil (Extensive photo galleries)

This post was edited by jpaz on Sat, Jan 25, 14 at 21:44

o

Beautiful, Greg! Nice assortment! Glad you're back to posting pix!

Maybe the size IS what was causing you probs. I, too, use Irfanview program for messing with all my pix. Have used it for many years. Probably won't ever try another, as I've gotten so used to it now.

This post was edited by rosemariero on Sun, Jan 26, 14 at 15:16

o

Actually what was happening is that the tap where it says "CHOSE FILE" Well this wasn't appearing so I could not post any pictures, then it would say LOG in and then it was saying WRONG user name or pass word, But the other day it suddenly appeared again just like that BOOM!

:)

o

Greg,
What is the plant top left of photo? Looks like an Euphorpia.
Stush

o

Stush youre left or my left lol... I see one on the top right that is a Euphorbia. The snow flake one? The one on the top left is some Dudlea or something like that.

Top left, top right?

Stush, its getting late for us pal Lol.. But I know very little about names & types, Im lucky I even found this site in the first place. Just kidding ;)

Greg

o

Amazing. What is that purple one on the bottom left?

o

Chicagardens, Ok I see it bottom left, now that beauty belongs to the Echeveria family and yes.. she is gorgeous indeed.

Hooked on cacti & Succulents

Greg

o

Thanks Greg, I think it is Euphorbia horrida cv. Major. There is one, E. horrida cv. Snow Flake and another one called E. Polygona, Snowflake cactus. Confused yet.
Stush

o

Chicagardens, Ok I see it bottom left, now that beauty belongs to the Echeveria family and yes.. she is gorgeous indeed.

Hooked on cacti & Succulents

Greg

o

Greg, maybe helping out: the purple one looks like Echeveria 'Afterglow' to me.
Upper left, a Cotyledon (let me know if you want the long name) ;)

Yes, we are all hooked, aren't we?!?

o

Rosemarie,
Thats it "Afterglow" Echeveria Afterglow, thanks Rosemarie I appreciate your help on the names of these plants I seem to be addicted too but cant always remember their names,Lol..
Well I'm finally able to get back on here Rosemarie, remember I mentioned I was unable to post pictures on here well as my title states, Im Finally able to post pics again.

The tab that reads "CHOOSE FILE" wasnt appearing on my phone and when I would try to login it wud say wrong wrong wrong...

Anyway Im back! :)

Greg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here