Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
5 KG Hybrid Aloes (picture heavy)

Posted by hanzrobo 11 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 7, 13 at 0:15

Hello friends!

I ordered these last week from Kelly and Allen and they arrived this morning. They all have nice roots and are in great condition. One even has a pup already!
I cleaned the roots up a bit, removing finer roots. I think it makes for better planting, more open for the soil to fill in. After each was cleaned I took some photos. I tried to get a close-up, a shade photo and a sun photo of each for comparison. Enjoy!

Aloe 'Viper'
Aloe 'Viper'
Aloe 'Viper'
Aloe 'Viper'
Aloe 'Viper'

Aloe 'Starfire'
Aloe 'Starfire'
Aloe 'Starfire'
Aloe 'Starfire'

Aloe 'Lavender Star'
Aloe 'Lavender Star'
Aloe 'Lavender Star'
Aloe 'Lavender Star'
Aloe 'Lavender Star'

Aloe 'Coral Fire'
Aloe 'Coral Fire'
Aloe 'Coral Fire'
Aloe 'Coral Fire'
Aloe 'Coral Fire'
Aloe 'Coral Fire'

Aloe 'Sunset'
Aloe 'Sunset'
Aloe 'Sunset'
Aloe 'Sunset'
Aloe 'Sunset'
Aloe 'Sunset'

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 5 KG Hybrid Aloes (picture heavy)

Woo! They're beautiful, and thank you for that show of such lovely, considerately taken photos.

o

Beautiful! Here I used to think aloes were just boring plants!!

o

Wow, those are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!

Planto

o

OooEee, great pix of fabulous plants, Ryan! Lucky you! I have two of those pictured (Viper & Coral Fire). And he got a bonus pup! Yay!

I love Kelly's toothed & colorful hybrids! Hope to have many more of them in the future. I bought what was tagged as 'Sunset' at a show last year. Turns out it was really 'Sunrise'. I'm still happy!

I might see Kelly G. at the C&S show this Saturday. I would imagine he'll be there, as I understand he is now President of the SDCSS. Hope to see Jordi & Mark, too, maybe some other friends I haven't seen for a while. Expecting rain, so please hope for light sprinkles for us! I really don't want to carry an umbrella to cover my cartjumpers!

Oops! I digress! Sorry!

o

Oh how I wish I was going to the show with you. I'm stuck here in Pa. with a snow storm coming. Please take along your camera.
Stush

o

Sneak me in in your pocket, Rosemarie, and I'll pick up the Gasteria! I'll earn my keep, I promise!

o

Thanks, everybody! I hope these photos are helpful to people who may be looking for ID's in the future.

RoRo, I wish I was going with you too. I would do it if I hadn't already used my getaway pass last Saturday, as you know, to go see a certain someone in Vista.

o

Ryan good idea for down-the-road IDs on these beauties! You're a great future-thinking guy! =) And, yes, too bad you already used your pass last weekend, but if I were you I'D GO to the certain someone's place if I had the chance! Maybe you can make the next one (June?)!

Stush, I realize you don't know me well, but I never go ANYwhere without my camera (if bare bones, at least my cell ph). I will soon have a hip holster for my big guns camera! If it's raining & part of it is outdoors, not so many pix.

Colleen, I'd be happy to take you along (I forget~did we figure if cell ph text messaging would work?) Gasteria...right!

If there are any Kelly Griffin Aloes for sale that I don't already have...& don't require the cost of an arm & a leg...they'll be cartjumpers for sure! Most of the ones I WANT...are in the SHOW, though, not for sale. :(

Some of my Kelly Griffin Aloes:
(click for larger view)

photo DSC_4190AloeCoralFire_zps915d89f2.jpg  photo DSC_4189AloeCoralFirepup_zpsac536cb8.jpg  photo DSC_4187AloeCoralFire_zps7ad46c13.jpg

photo IMG_2489AloeViper_zps73f76cbd.jpg  photo IMG_2108AloeSunrise_zpsa03aa486.jpg  photo IMG_0713AloeViperKGhybrid_zps2269a6b0.jpg

photo IMG_9478AloeChristmasCarol_zps71e32163.jpg  photo IMG_7364TeethdetailonAloeCoralFire_zps44ccb898.jpg  photo IMG_4847AloeCoralFire_zps563261f2.jpg

o

I have one..so they are trickling down to the great unwashed.
I like the one you have with the long stem in particular. Any idea if it is a clumper like A.arborescens? or that type?

o

Wow those are some amazing plants !!! I've never seen some of those,gorgeous colors and shapes.
Kathi

o

Thanks guys, and thank you Ro for adding your photos! I think I have 'Christmas Carol' too but not confirmed.

Stan, good to hear from you:) 'Sunset' does seem like it will grow that way. On the website it says the plant is "the result of a complex cross including Aloe divaricata and Aloe intermedia (reynolds) and others." It'll be interesting to see how it grows.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here