Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Agave Ddesmettiana Variegata Joe Hoak is gorgeous!

Posted by yorkiemiki zone10b sunset24 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 17, 14 at 0:28

Does anyone have this? Agave Desmettiana Variegata Joe Hoak.

Anyone know where to get one?

I have Agave Desmettiana Variegata which are easy to grow here in LA, but this Joe Hoak version is gorgeous. Does this version grow the same way?

http://www.sunshinetropical.com/images/AgaveJoeHoakCloseup39710.jpg
This is not mine, but an example I found on google images

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Agave desmettiana Variegata Joe Hoak is gorgeous!

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Mon, Feb 17, 14 at 13:59

try ebay. they are not cheap.

Just about my favorite agave.

photo Aga1095.jpg

o
RE: Agave desmettiana Variegata Joe Hoak is gorgeous!

Beautiful, Hoovb! I know you've told us before (but I can't remember), what is the silver plant on the left & the yellow-flowering one below, please?

Yorkimiki, I bought one recently from Cordova Gardens in Encinitas, large specimen, about $40. I believe. Would be a bit of a drive for you, but doable. There are several nurseries close together (that won't disappoint). You could make a day of it! Just make sure you bring a truck or minivan to haul back your finds! LOL

Click pic for larger view: 'Joe Hoak' in the back
 photo Variegatedgroupsuxsideyd_zpsb0b3ea97.jpg

o
RE: Agave Ddesmettiana Variegata Joe Hoak is gorgeous!

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Mon, Feb 17, 14 at 14:28

Maireana sedifolia and Chrysocephalum aplicata.

o

Thanks a bunch for the names, Hoovb! =)

o

Beautiful plants Hoovb and rosemarie. hoovb i like the way the other colors kind of compliment the Joe Hoak.

I love how creamy yellow almost white the color is.

My favorite agave used to be Medio Picta Alba (which I still absolutely adore) But now the Joe Hoak is slightly my favorite (maybe because I don't have one hehehhe ;) )

-This is my regular Variagated Desmetiatta sorry for spelling. In the pic it looks lighter than in real life. In real life its very green but has yellow variagations.

photo IMG_3197_zps87316f2c.jpg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here