Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nurseries in Sacramento - help

Posted by chicagardens (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 14, 14 at 0:45

Hi- going that way soon. Are there any local nurseries I can hit up for some nice deals or interesting selection? Thx so much for the tips.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nurseries in Sacramento - help

Contact these folks - they'd likely have a list of nurseries in the area.

http://www.sacramentocss.org/

o

Not sure about deals....

But these are a couple that I like: Green Acres Nursery, and Talini's Nursery. If you happen to be in the Arden area, check out Exotic Plants....every once in a while they have cool plants. I purchased a very nice 'Hummel's Sunset' for $13.

Josh

o

I just googled nurseries in Sacramento...................it lists quite a few. Since I don't know what area you will be in, you should go on google and type in nurseries in sacramento...................from that hope there would be one close to where you are going.

Enjoy your trip.

Neysa in Cali

o

Good idea cactusmcharris, I've just sent them an email. :) thx!

o

Thx for the tip Greenman28! I'll be close enough to hit both. Looks like they're both on the same road Folsom/Jackson. Thx for the recommendation.

o

Neysa- Thx for the tip. The nurseries mentioned by, greenman28, are the ones I found when I googled, but I was hoping to hit some that others on the board frequent. I've done the google thing before when visiting other cities and have had some real misses...like nurseries that have teeny tiny succulent sections or no succulents at all.

o

greenman- thx for the tip. I went to Talini's Nursery and it was amazing zeness! I love it! I took so many pictures. they didn't have anything for me to purchase, but I love stopping by and checking the place out. :) Green Acres was so overwhelming! I did purchase a variegated zebra plant which i'd never seen at my local stores.

o

Excellent to hear that! Talini's is small...but cool! And they usually have big trees for decent prices. My brother picked up some birches and Japanese maples last season. I totally agree that Greenacres is overwhelming.....love strolling around the place.

Josh

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here