Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A few id confirmations please & some others!

Posted by Beachplants none (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 4, 12 at 2:30

Hi guys -

Is this Echeveria 'black prince'??
Echeveria hybrid
And this one - looks like a young Crassula 'buddah's temple'??
Crassula 'buddah's temple'

A few others
This is Crassula elegans subsp elegans
Crassula elegans subsp. elegans
Crassula 'morgan's beauty'
Crassula 'morgans beauty'

and update on one the Crassula barklyi (bandaged finger) seedlings - love these!
Crassula barklyi

Thanks & enjoy!
Rian

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A few id confirmations please & some others!

Hi there Rian, don't think its a Buddhas Temple (BT) you have there, but may be wrong. Not got one myself yet but have watched BT's go way over my budget on ebayUK recently!!
In my opinion BT's have thinner leaves, more angular 4 sidedness (made that word up I think!) they're a bit like a 4 pointed star, indents in the leaves running up to the tips, and a distinct 4 legged cross when viewed from above.
Google for BT 'images' and also for 'stacked crassulas' will give you a link that can't be posted on here.....as a Gweb message has just informed me when I did a preview.
Great pics BTW!
Gill from the snowy UK.

o

Yeah, thanks - that's what worried me as well, thought maybe its still young, cannot really find anything similar for ... I will have to do more search...search...search! LOL! Rian

o
Crassula susannae

Crassula susannae looks promising but no 100% again.

o

Great plants Rian,
Thanks for sharing...I will take one of each......
Sharon

o

Rian,

I think you're right on the Ech, I don't know about the second plant, but that Crassula e. v. e.! Drunken chains of DNA with a textured finish, oh my.

o

Pleasure Sharon.

Jeff - you have a beautiful mind! Love the comparison.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here