Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

o
The Face Returns

Posted by dellis530 6B (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 21, 12 at 7:51

There was a post a while back where everyone posted a picture o themselves so we could put a face to a name. I'd love to ressurect it. I'll start.

Denise
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Face Returns

Sounds like fun Denise ! Here's mine.....nice to meet you, btw ! " Jay " here...
Jay

o

be nice...

Matthew

o

Doing the rain dance on a bush excursion, dog not too impressed...it was pretty hot!

raindancw

Rian

o

~Rosemarie with Aeonium 'Sunburst'

Denise, I DO remember you...and probably have your mugshot in a file from a long ago thread we had here. :) I'm going digging asap!

o

Rosemarie - Don't you dare show an old picture of me!!LOL This is actually a bad one too, I really look like Christie Brinkley LMAO. Kidding of course.

Denise

o
RE: The Face Returns -another mugshot

LOL~ OK, Denise, I won't! I found a couple batches-but mostly from TGF mugshot threads. Must be on archived CDs, then. :P I think you look great in the pic!

OK, helping out Jurgen, because I don't think he'll post one of himself...here's CactusJordi & I when we visited Steve Hammer's greenhouses back in '09:

Click on pic for larger view (have to be able to remove it if need be):

Oh, and if you saw before...the ducks are back (a Mallard couple)! They were in the pool today! :)

o

Kaktuskris and a fave ficus.

Christopher

o

Chaparral Girl (aka Jessica)

I'm top center. Below me are my brother, my sister-in-law, and our niece (from my other brother).

*CG*

o

Denise, Jay and Mathew,

Good to see y'all.

Rian,

I just knew you were a wild man!

RoRo,

I just knew those were coming up again - nice pic, that's very avatarish.

Christopher,

Can you not care a fig about ficus?

Here I am, nothing recent, only less blond and tan now....

Photobucket

o

Christopher where is that tree??? That looks like what they call a rubber tree ficus and is sold in pots.

Denise

o
A Face in the Crowd*

Jessica,

Good to see you.

Denise,

Jinx!

*It's on as I type this

o

Holy Cr*p Jeff you havent changed a bit, love the agave! Rosemarie, you went to Steve Hammers??? Is there a post somewhere with pics from that visit, I'd love to see them. Is Steve married?lol.

Denise

o

Hi there, I'm kinda shy and don't post much. You'll get pics every now and then. But just cause I don't want to be a stranger, heres my photo ;(
Photobucket

Chad,

o
Oops, there goes another rubber tree plant!

Denise, that tree is in Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines, and yes, it is the same 'rubber tree' you see in pots.

Jeff, impressive Agave! Wonder how much tequila you could distill from that baby? What is the species?

Christopher

o

Wow Chad, that looks like my idea of heaven. I used to collect tropicals and I see so many I had in there. Good to see you too of course, lol.

Denise

o

Nice to put faces with names here :-) I haven't posted a whole lot. I'm such a newbie to the plant world I don't feel like I have much if anything to add. But I have learned a ton from all of you! Anyhow I'm Jessie, and here is my mug :-)

Photobucket

o

Wow, you guys are all stunning! I thought this was a cactus forum, not a New York fashion show, sheesh! Great idea Denise!
RoRo - Gotta get me some of those cactus shades.

Here's my face in Zion Ntnl Park last year. My wife and daughter are the fuzzy ones in the background.
Photobucket
-Ryan

o
They call him MISTER Pig

Matthew - Nice hog.

o

Well, might as well. I may get rid of this thing at some point. And that's a baby tree saved out of pity and soon murdered by some kind of traveling tree disease.

Colleen

o

Haha! Colleen, great to see you! :)

This is fun!

Ryan, I'm decidedly jealous. I bet Zion was beautiful!

Holy Lord, Jeff! That's the biggest Agave I've ever seen! (And if my husband was in the room, he'd immediately follow that up with, "That's what she said!" *rolling eyes*)

So great to see everyone - can't wait to see who else posts!

*CG*

o
Greenjay

Jay: Looking at your photo there... Are you a roadie, or were you just at a concert or something?

*CG*

o

" And if my husband was in the room, he'd immediately follow that up with, "That's what she said!" *rolling eyes* "

haha mine would too!

o

Chapparal Girl AKA Jessica....lol no, not a roadie , was at a Peter Frampton concert....I do however do some stand-up comedy .....lol

o

Hi all, great pictures.....nice to meet you all ....linda
just asking does anyone remember the other thread with memebers pictures how to find it? maybe make a link to it..

o

I hope Gay (desert gardener) won't mind - this is a nice picture of her on her Aloewalk. If she does mind, I'll be digging a hole for myself the next time I visit her.

Photobucket

And this is Mr. desert gardener (Scott) demonstrating his mastery of cactus hydraulics - I think you'd agree it's the textbook-worthy photo of the Third Law of Lemairocereus.

Photobucket

o

Great mugshots, everyone! I, too, like putting faces with names! Now, if I can just remember them! Nice to have some background info on the pix you're in! Chad, where was that one taken?

Jeff, I have many pix of you, but figured you'd like to pick your own to post. Great choice! I also have pix of Gay-forgot her on the username list-added now-will post updated list on other thread soon. Oh-and I may just use that pic for my avatar on Facebook!

Denise, link below to Steve Hammer album (beware: about 400 pix!)--and LOL, no...I don't believe he's married. I think you're wearing a black blouse in the other pic I have of you...wherever it is! :)

Colleen, what did you mean by "I may get rid of this thing at some point"??

Matthew, are we supposed to "be nice" about the hog? :P

Ha ha, Ryan...I know someone else (on another forum) who wants my shades too! Send me your address (via EM from my page) & I'll see if I can send to ya!

Jessica, I guessed which was you in the pic...but, GIRL...it *almost* looks like you're in the nude! Hee hee!

Christopher, we used to have a Ficus like that next door to us!

Rian, nice dog! Is s/he yours? I have a long-haired GS. Wild dance-did the rain come?!

Jay, can we expect some forum comedy from you sometime? :P

Jessie-I'm not sure, but think any previous mugshot thread might've been before '06...& could've been deleted. It will be hard to search for unless we know the title that was used for the post. Anyone remember?

Looking forward to more mugshots!

Here is a link that might be useful: My album 09 visit to Hammer's place

o

Hello all, those who knew me, knew that I addicted to desert rose. I took many pictures of my desert rose in 2011 but none with me in it, so I use 2010 picture.
I just celebrated 1/2 centure birthday last week.
Photobucket

o

Good to see you with your beautiful plants, Marie! Happy 50th! Woohoo!

o

Nope did not get any rain, had a good barbecue under the stars and found a Aloe marlothii which is now in my garden. My plants do have stories & memories that go with some of them. Mischka is not with us any more, lost her a few months ago 14 years, and she went with us on all of our travels, except for a 2 week stint. She always slept right next to my hand from 6 weeks old. Lovely dogs, the German Shepard's.

o

The "thing" I mentioned getting rid of in the future would be the picture, I mean, Rosemarie. :)

o

Very nice to be able to put faces to names!
Photobucket

Marie, I hit the half century mark myself last month. Happy birthday!
Tami

o

Those desert roses are incredible. Great pictures, everyone!

-Jacob

o

Nice to put faces to names around here!
Rosemarie- The "be nice" was meant for my mug... That pic was taken in Florence, Italy on my most recent European excursion...
Matthew

o

Sounds like a good time, Rian (Beachplants). So sorry about your dog, Mischka! :( One of my dogs is 12. I don't want to even think about him being gone. :(

Oh, okay, Colleen! :P Good to know.

Well, Hello, Tami! I hadn't seen you around lately, but did come across your name in posts. I'll add you to the list in the other thread. Happy belated BD to you!

AHA, Matthew...now, have the folks around here been anything but nice?!? :O ;)

Okay, DENISE...I found the CD...had mugshots of many...maybe from more than one thread. One was for Aug, 2005, That Jeff started, called "Mr. Cactus". I have the thread saved, but it doesn't show the pix. I found YOUR pic & your handle back then was Denise 962000 (not cactuscrazy). Does that sound right to you? Pic was from 2003, black top, in front of potted plants on rail of balcony? made of white wood. You don't look like you've aged any, but you're smiling more now! :) Only a handful of people from that post are still around.

o

Thank you Roro and Tami for the birthday wish. Happy belated birthday to you also Tami.
Thank you Jacob for the compliments about my DR's
Marie

o

Rosie: Um...no... I'm wearing the same type of dress my sister-in-law is wearing. The photo is from my sister's wedding. I think it would not have gone over very well if I'd shown up in the nude. :) Although it would have made my Matron of Honor speech a helluva lot more interesting.

*CG*

o

RoRo - We took that pic a couple weeks ago at Biltmore house in Asheville N.C. I can't wait till summer so I can post photos of my plants. Since I have very few in pots.

Of course anyone is welcome to click on the photo and check out what has been downloaded to my photobucket account.

Chad,

o

It is so nice to put faces to names! I'm more of a face person anyway! This is me!

~Erin~

Photobucket

o

Here are the three faces of Wantonamara

Dirty Me as worker Bee

M. E. as worker bee

Me as Photographer and Bag Woman on movie set.

M. E. as Photographer

Me eating orchids on a night out on the town.

M. E.

o

Me at a staging workshop last year

IMG_0101

o
RE: The Faces

MMMM....... Eye candy,..... I mean the plants. You knew that right?

Everyone are not what I had pictured. Some people are the wrong sex. I need to go and redraw my brain pictures now.

o

ltran54 9 ( Marie ) A VERY Happy Belated Birthday to you ! Thanks for sharing those beautiful Desert Roses !

o

@ wantonamara lol. I'm glad your going to redraw your brain pictures and nobody actually has to have a sex change!

o

Hello, everybody...good to see y'all.

Okay, so here is my mug at my half century celebration last summer in Zion, UT...Ryan, I thought you looked familiar ;-).

T

o

Forgot to say, CUTE doggie, Tami! :)

Linda, re the previous mugshot threads... think I figured out there's a time limit (don't know how much) to how long iVillage keeps the threads in the archive. It seems if someone posts on it (keeping it "alive"), then you can still find really old posts in a search. Maybe once a year, someone has to revisit this thread & post on it-to keep it available down the road?!?

Ha ha, CG...of course I knew you weren't in the nude...I was just sayin' ~ LOL! Yes, that speech would've been way diff!

Chad, thanks for the location info. I will check out your PB pix asap!

Erin, nice to see you again...I think I saw this pic of you over on TGF. :)

Wantonamara, great snaps of your many faces! =D Oh yeah, you meant the plants...RIIIIGHT! Hee hee, on redrawing brain pix of folks...I do the same!

Happy belated 50th for last year, Tom! Hey Ryan & Tom, I was in Zion also...but it was raining that day, so not exactly the perfect photo op, trying to protect my lens. Besides my teenagers complaining about "More rocks?!?" was raining on my parade. (I am sure when they are adults they will regret not enjoying it more.) Hmmm, maybe I should post a pic of us walking our cat at the Grand Canyon! =D

o
RE: The Face Returns--oops

Oops-re-reading-I left out something...Keith, bet the folks learned lots of good stuff from your staging demonstration!

o

yay, Happy birthday to all the 50ers. I'm right behind you in a couple years.

Its nice to see that this hobby crosses all generations, but it doesnt surprise me.

Denise

o

Hello from the mountains of Maui!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o

I hate to show myself, everyone is so good looking here. I feel i don't belong. I'm too old fat and ugly. Where's the homely group people for me?
Photobucket

o

Great set of brows. You look like a russian baron!

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Thu, Feb 23, 12 at 18:21

You people are all far too good looking for me to associate with.

I looked through all my photographs. All I have are photographs of plants.

o

Glad you decided to show yourself! Nice to meet (see) you, Stanley & MojaveLove!!

o

Hey Stush,

I live on the edge of a Russian community in Brooklyn, you & your brows would fit right it.

Hi Wanton,

I mistook your posts for those of a man for a long time & laughed hard when I first saw your 'handle'.

Hiya Hoovb,

I've got the same problem, all pix of plants & quilts, few pix of me, especially since I'm always the one taking the pix. (Those of you who are parents, pls. keep this in mind. There are very few pix of my Dad, 'cause he was the family photographer, so pls. remember to switch off who's taking the pix, lest you end up w/ the same problem.)

So, this is from Spring '09 when I was first given my digital camera. Was trying it out here at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden's Annual Cherry Blossom Festival. I was laughing from having coralled some absolute stranger to take a shot or 2 of me. Can't find the other one, me in front of a gazebo, not so floriferous.

Pink bloom Cherries

Such a heavenly place at that occasion. Blooming cherries all over the place of multiple different kinds. So, if you're ever in Brooklyn ...

o

Hoovb, what's your name???? If you live close to me, I'll run over & snap one of ya, okay??! Do you have an iPhone by chance? Because I, like Karen, am always the one behind the camera. So I used my iPhone to switch the lens around & took my own pic! The other was by a friend on our C&S adventure (also rare). Hey!! Do you have a web cam on your computer/laptop? If you do, I can't tell you how to operate it as I haven't tried mine yet. Yeah, I know, I'm a lot of help! :P

Good to finally SEE you Karen, after all these years! Good advice about swapping between parents (I'm in 1% of the family pix). My hubby thinks HE did all the remodeling in our house, because I'm not in the pix! Ha!
Lovely blossoms behind you!

o

Wow, what wonderful participation in this face Thread!

And I agree, an excellent group of people, indeed. Here's the ol' Greenman back in November.....

Photobucket

Josh

o

Photobucket

Well everybody here I am, Hijole A.K.A Greg I had someone take a picture of me at work today, I'm just like Pirate girl all my pictures are of plants and grand kids.

I've really enjoyed seeing everyone via the pictures,

Denise, great idea girl, Well let me say this when I first saw your picture I felt like saying, "Lucy I'm Home..."
Thanks for making this possible for all of us to be able to place a face to a name.

Rosemarie these glasses will have to do until I find some really cool ones like yours.

Corpsman cooper, I really thought you were a dude only because of the name of course, Boy was I wrong...

Josh whats up home boy!! my Sanseveria Bantel sensation is looking kinda sad lately, but i've left it alone for what seems likes weeks now.

Caudex, you look like your in your zone brother, what else do you specialize in?

Chapparlgirl, A little bit of Jessica in our life, good to see some young blood in our world of cacti & succulents, you go girl!!!

Hanzrobo, Always seems like your on vacation, enjoy yourself.

Jessiec777, Hi jessie I just barely remember seeing you on the web, I'm a fairly newbie to the site though, throw up some pictures once in awhile.

Stush, Hey brother Enjoy life glad you came to the party

Squishy plants, Matt. Some more young blood, great looking bunch of kids too thats the way I used to look surrounded with kids, me and my wife had 7 thats right SEVEN. boy talk about alot, anybody have more than that?

Wantonamara, Boy girl you too are in your zone, Got anymore?

Beachplants, Why didnt I think of that, The O'l rain dance, Sorry about your dog too, It wasnt due to boredum was it ? sorry I couldnt pass that up.

Cactusmcharris, Jeff, Your really and inspiration to the family here at the cactus web, including myself keep up the good work and those plants of yours are simply amazing as always.

Greenjay, Hey must of been a great concert, Boy talk about back in the day. OMG I'll stop there.

Katuskris, I never woulda picked you out of a line up, enjoyed your input on the threads.

Chadec7a,, Where is that place at, I think I've seen that garden before? Seriously, If thats your place I am totally jealous.

Teatree, well we all have unusual handle names so how did you come across yours?
Nice looking garden you got going there.

Mojavelove, A girl could get lost in that dare vast of land, another unique name for a handle. do you live on a huge farm or what?

Greg

o

Well, Greg, I drink a lot of herbal tea, and a friend complained once--after I'd recommended it to help heal a stupid canker sore--that love-of-my-life sage tea tastes like drinking a tree. I personally support tree-drinking, I guess!...It doesn't harm the environment. The username was just a random pick initially.

Colleen

o

Collen, that isnt a TALL glass of tea in your hand is it because if it is your about to be the first to O/D on tea Lol...

I love Ice Tea from Starbucks, I think it's called Black waterless Ice tea.

What part of zone 8 might you be from ?

Greg

o

Greg, Those are the kids I had to fight off of the hog so I could get the pic....not mine. None yet...
Matthew

o

Denise, I meant that in a good way of course, I thought I had some splaining to do. Lol...

o

Hijole, my man! You're looking sharp! ;-)

I think the color might have improved slightly on my Bantel's Sensation...
Hey, I'll have to stop by our little contest and stir things up with some smack talk!

Josh

o

Greg: Good God, I hate that song. :P Mostly cuz the instrumental on the refrain just would not resolve.

I dunno why, but yours is a face I trust. Maybe because you look like a lot of the guys I've worked with over past few years. Some really good guys.

*CG*

o

Greg, I'm in Oregon an hour or so from Portland.

o

It is great to see everybody and put a face to a name. I have to get someone to take a pic of me with cloths on. Only time I get pics taken of me is when I am on vacation and they are all with me in a bathing suit. I am not posting those. lol

o

Marquest: Yeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhh... :)

Reminds me of my first day of high school - I found out I had bio with a friend (a guy) from swim team whom I'd always ever only seen in a speedo. We greeted each other with surprise and exclaimed, "Hey! You look different with clothes on!" You can imagine how the rest of the class responded. :)

*CG*

o

I have enjoyed seeing all of you! This has been fun. It has taken me a while to find one of me. I am usually the one with the camera. When I was in boot camp the men went in to get hair cuts and when they came out I did not recognize many of them. Have a great day all. I am headed to work last day. Red Shirt Friday. Paula of Jacksonville Florida
Photobucket

o

"Caudex, you look like your in your zone brother, what else do you specialize in?"

I wouldn't say I specialize in any one thing but have my hands in many. Growing, pottery, photography, presenting and...of course...lifting...
IMG_1046

o

Fabulous to see MORE folks posting their mugs!! :)

Josh, great backdrop! Where are these trees located? Somewhere in northern Calif.?

Greg...funny guy!! Do you pronounce your handle as "EE-ho-lay"? Because I'm pretty sure my childhood friends said this all the time. Always wondered if it was a cuss word! LOL SEVEN?! Hijole!!! Are any of the kids still at home? I came from a family of 9 kids, so I probably know your life! :P (Oh...and one of our dogs, red-headed Border Collie's names is LucyYouveGotSplaininToDo -couldn't fit the word "some" in there)!

LOL, Audrey..no bathing suit pix??? Hurry up-get your neighbor to snap one!

Jessica, HAHAHAHAHa...what a riot! Does it seem you have many clothes/no clothes things goin' on here? :P

Paula, your photo does not show, saying it's moved or been deleted. I backtracked to your PB acct & found a pic of you named Hot End Specialist, with you doing a "Carol Merrill" (from Let's Make A deal show) with a big machine. LOL~ Is that the pic you were going to post? If so, did you change the filename after you posted? Whichever, please post again!

Tha is one HUGE plant, Keith!

o

Chaparralgirl, Jessca So what type of work do you do and where abouts is the Sonoran Desert? I know I can google all this stuff but I dont think I've ever been there so I thought I'd ask someone who knows.

So what is it about that song you dont like, what does that mean the instrumental on the refrain does not resolve.
I'm not to musically inclined I just liked the beat but it seems thats the part you dont care for is that correct?

That picture of the wedding looks like a place I've gone to a wedding up in Gilroy, Ca. some Golf course club house with a view like that one, Nice...

Greg

o

WOW! It's so awesome to see everyone's face!

Stush - you are neither fat, old or ugly!

Wantonamara - you look like you'd be a blast to hang out with!

CG - a pleasure as always!

caudex1 - I guess you have to have BIG muscles to carry those fine looking plants around eh? (you can tell I'm from Michigan right there lol)

~Erin~

o

Rosemarie, Thats exactly how you pronounce my handle, I've never known it to be a derogatory word until I spoke to my friend greenman Josh, I have always heard it used as something to express a WOW moment like, 7 kids, hijole!!!

Josh informed me of the real meaning and I thought wow if I knew that I would have never used that as my name but whats a guy to do now?

Wow you came from a family of 9 ? Thats a baseball team, So what position did you play Lol...
Thats great and i'm sure you know how it is for sure. How about your self how many children do you have?

So where did you grow up in S. Calif. I've been asking a few not that I plan on making any house calls but just curriousity of course.

I still have a few kids at home 2-3 some times they leave but always return, kinda like the Swallows at Capistrano Haha..

Really have enjoyed this thread too it's growing like wild fire.

Greg

o

Ryan, Tom, Jeff, you look like you will have fun on a few walks here in SA...and I think Stush must come too, for the some campfire stories.

Caudex I just cannot decide - pots or plants...pots or plants..hmmm - potted plants!!

o

Hey, Rosemarie, you're right!
Those trees are Big Leaf Maples, up at 5,000 feet in the Bear Valley (northern California).

Keep the pics comin'!

Josh

o

Greg, I was surprised to hear Josh had a meaning for it other than "wow", so like a good detective
I went on a search! I found many definitions, including that there is no definition~except that it's an exclamation. Found only one with negative connotation "son of a b...", but technically, I think that would have to be "hijo de la...". Others said it was a type of exclamation, like: geez, wow, good grief, oh my gosh, amazing or some expression of surprise, disbelief or shock.

Yes, enough siblings for baseball/softball team. I was most often pitcher or catcher, but played all positions. Later was quarterback for the street football team. :P I have 2 boys + 2 stepsons (from hubby's previous marriage).

I grew up in a southern city of San Diego. I don't advertise which one, but someone could probably figure it out. I am still in the house in which I lived at 6 yrs old.

Yes, I know that San Juan Capistrano swallow tale here, too. Not so much anymore...but will be soon, again, I think. LOL

Yes, fun thread! Hope more join in!

o

My apologies in advance for hurting your eyes with the following photos ;)

Silly
Photobucket

2 of my favorite things (golf and cigars!)
Photobucket

and me with my better half standing on the foundation of our house :D

Photobucket

o

Rosemarie, Your right again! Josh maybe it's time to take another look at your text book on the word "hijole" just for fun of it course.

That's good detective work and very thorough too. By the way how would someone go about changing there " Handle " anyways, Or is that not a good idea?

So it sounds you like you play all positions Rosemarie, and OMG football too! I like you, No limits.

Caudex1, What kind of pottery do you make it Or buy pots, would like to see some pictures if you make emm.

Hey caudex, Thanks for the gun show too, That, in it's self is a full time job, No?

Greg

o

Haha! Hey, Greg, I'll gladly check again....! ;-)

Josh

o

My laptop crashed! Good thing I have Kindle Fire for backup! You suppose it's trying to tell me to get back to work?

Josh, those are beautiful Big Leaf maples!

Nice to see you and your better half, Bellpepperguy!

Greg, I believe you have to create a new acct to get a new handle/username, which would require a diff email addy. I don't think it's worth the hassle.

o

I should have posted a picture of my dog instead of me. She is much nicer looking.
Photobucket

o

Hi I have no idea what I fat fingered. Here we go again: This is me
Photobucket
and this Carol Merrel, you found me out, is what I do for work. This is a modified valve block that I helped on. I am an electrician in a glass manufacturing plant.
Photobucket

o

"Caudex1, What kind of pottery do you make it Or buy pots, would like to see some pictures if you make emm."

I make'em
wheel

Good thing the image you have in your head when you look at the screen name is not what we look like

o

Caudex1 That's awesome or can I say, HIJOLE!!! that sure is a nice looking Pot my brother do you sell them and or do you have a shop?

And by the way what is your name for reals, if Caudex then ok. Let me know if you have some pots for sale pls.

Greg

o

Such good-looking people, plants, and pups! Great idea Denise.
Rosemarie, I mostly lurk and learn here. I love to look at everyone's pictures and read the threads. I have learned a great deal from the wonderful people here. Thanks.
That cute pup is now 90# of very spoiled dog, but I love her!
Tami

o

Rosie: Er, naw, not too many dressed/undressed issue, I don't think. ;) At least, not since I left entertainment.

Greg: I work part-time as a firefighter. I've worked at 2 departments to date, and a lot of the guys I've worked with have been Hispanic (Mexican, Cuban, Puerto Rican, Venezualan, etc.) All good guys - I trust them with my life. Since you appear to have similar features, it just reminds me of some of them. Some of them I still work with, but the guys from my first department I haven't seen in ages, and I miss them.

Look up the Salton Sea; I live not far south of there. :)

*CG*

o

Lovetogrow, Carol, you are a worker bee that still makes something in the USA. Girl don't you know, you are taking a job away from China...Way to go. That looks like old equipment. We are always jerry rigging our equipment in our shop so HATS OFF TO YOU.

o

Greg, "Hijole!" is right when it comes to Keith's pottery...! ;-)
The textures and colors in his pots are some of the best I've ever seen.
For some reason, I'm having trouble finding his web-site, but I did find a Thread.

Check out some of these fine examples! Pots

Josh

o

Wantonamara, I think I helped get you confused, when I wrote a bit further back to Paula (ilovetogrow):

"Paula, your photo does not show, saying it's moved or been deleted. I backtracked to your PB acct & found a pic of you named Hot End Specialist, with you doing a "Carol Merrill" (from Let's Make A deal show) with a big machine. LOL~ Is that the pic you were going to post? If so, did you change the filename after you posted? Whichever, please post again!"

So, she's not Carol...but Paula! :D Sorry about that!

Greg, Caudex1's name is Keith.

Tami, I lurked quite a bit in the beginning, learning (soaking up) all info I could, in order NOT to kill my plants. A lot of good that did me! Ha! One of our dogs is a 90+# spoiled thing too!

Jessica, hmmm..."since I left entertainment"...I feel another story coming on! LOL

o

Shameless plug....
Busy creating more pots for the spring
Riveted Oval

Here is a link that might be useful: My pots

o

I would never believe who I was posting with. Very supprised in a good way.
Greg, My grandmother had 13 kids, my parents had 5. I got 3 with 3 grandkids so far. My brother has 8 kids. (sorry, kids = goats, people = Children)
I remember going to the Pittsburgh Zoo with our children and taking my brother's 3 children he had at the time. Everyone was sorry for my wife with 6 children and giving me dirty looks. Leave her alone already.
Some of you ladies, if my wife knew how hot you look, I could never have sent plants out to you guys.

o

CG, Wow a Firefighter thats awesome! one of my son-inlaws works for the forestry fire dept. out here in the Ortega Mountains by Lake Elsinore.

Wow near the Salton sea... No wonder I didnt know where that was, Thats out in the middle of No where girl, Like the boondocks. So what type of entertainment have you done or do you do?

Caudex1, Kieth Very, very nice pottery you have there I have gone to the site and was so impressed with your work that I saw there, your an artist brother.

Josh, (greenman) thanks for Caudex's name and the web site.
And it looks like Stush is in the contest on the Sanseveria growing contest so just to let you know ,also woodnative wrote he's in too. Lets get some pictures in there guys it's part of the aggreement, Lol...

Rosemarie, I took a peek at some of your pictures on another thread that look nice, I have a bunch and sometimes I think , I'm gonna have me a little yard sale and bust them out too, but i never do they just keep accumulating... I know you know what I mean , I think.

Greg

o

Greg: Yeah, boondocks doesn't even come close. %P But that's cool about your son-in-law. I'm putting in for the Forest Service for this year's fire season. Maybe I'll run into him. :)

Rosie (& Greg): Well, I worked as a professional actor and vocalist for a few years; and one of my degrees is in Music. (I should clarify, it's an Associate's, not a Bachelor's.) I did mostly musical theater, one or two "straight" plays (meaning no singing/dancing), and some voiceover work. I also trained in opera and choral music - I was a coluratura, but I haven't done it in so long, my chords are out of practice, so now I'm more of a lyric soprano, I guess. And I never did any actual operas, only arias for recital. I had tremendous fun, but it's also positively exhausting, running around from gig to gig, project to project, audition to audition - and the rejection can be hell if you don't have the skin for it. It was never enough to put food on the table on its own; I always worked a day job. After a while, and given some other outside experiences, I ultimately decided to go into emergency services (something I'd been wanting to do since I was a kid). I tried doing both for the first year, and that simply, flat-out didn't work. So I had to make a choice. I chose fire/EMS. I do miss performing sometimes, and a part of me still dreams about one day making Equity, SAG or AFTRA (the industry unions), but my current goals just don't leave any room for it. And I do love what I'm doing now. I think of it like this: I could maybe one day get a role playing a firefighter, or I could actually BE a firefighter. :) The latter is actually much more realistic, because in entertainment, based on my looks and stature, I would never land that kind of a role. I'm just not hot/attractive/sexy enough. (Which is a bunch of b/s, if you ask me, but that's the industry.)

I still do some voiceover work now and then. In fact, just a few days ago I did a radio commercial spot for a small company in Denver. I've also done some stuff for the IRS (glamorous, I know, right?), Barnum & Bailey Circus, and Disney. Nothing major, and nothing anyone would ever see my name on, but I do get to put it on my performance resume. (Not that I ever use that resume anymore...)

*CG*

o

CG, that's an impressive resume!

Josh

o

Thanks, Josh! :)

o

CG, Yeah, talk about about impressive thats beyond impressive You dont look like you have that many years under your belt to accomplish all that in a short time. Now you dont have to tell us your age but my goodness thats quite a resume for such a young girl, Again good job! And great talents you have.

Stush,, I know what you mean. Have you ever heard the joke about the guy who couldnt find his wife at the mall, He asked some nice looking girl if she could please stand next to him and talk to him because everytime he's caught talking to a nice looking girl his wife shows up. LOL...
Is that close?

Greg

o

CG,
Be happy where you are. You seem to have it all. Nice family and friends. When you are famous, all seems to be lost. Look at all those failed lives in Hollywood. You have what it takes, Don't care what anyone said.
Good for you.
Stush

o
Face facts

Greg: You guys are gonna make me blush. :) I guess it always seems more impressive from the outside looking in. To me, I always kinda felt like I never really would've made anything of myself in entertainment. Not the reason I switched careers, but still. In any case, I'll be 34 in March.

*CG*

o

Denise, You got some splaining to do girl, Where you been? I see you've been hooked on the A B C thread and you seem to have abandoned this thread or what?

Greg

o

CG, you have a lot in common with my wife. She had a full scholarship to Univ. of Memphis for Opera. She also decided it wasn't the life for her, but before she finished school. She got to solo at Carnegie Hall with her choir at the big championship event thing for choir. She still loves theatre and recently performed in Pirates of Penzance with a local theatre group. She also was the singer for our jazz band which was the last working project I had. I also play electric fretless bass, guitar, dabble in keys, drums, sing and dancey dance. I pursued music very seriously for about 12 years, have a few of my own albums and quite a few with various bands over the years, the last of which being a working jazz band. Good times.

I had to give music a backseat to focus on business and making real money. It was taking up too much space in my brain, demanding too much focus, taking away from the family. Jazz is no joke! Still play a little every day.

Greg, you said it seems like I'm always on vacation... Hahaha! I wish it felt that way! I have an art installation business that keeps me fairly busy. I'm the only professional art installer in the county. I go from here up to Santa Barbara, down to Malibu, out to Calabasas/Agoura, West LA. When I'm not doing that I'm the only framer (besides the owner) at the busiest frame shop in the county. I'm also a master framer/designer, grew up in a frame shop. I've been working 60 hrs/wk since September, just recently things slowing down a bit which is nice. That gives me time to focus on my new plant business!!!

We do try to get away when we can, though.
-Ryan

o

Wow! It's nice to put a face to all the screen names! Good to meet you all!

I don't post here too often, so I was hesitant to show myself, but here I go: This is me with two friends above Vernal Falls in Yosemite National Park a few months ago (I'm in the middle)

Josh

o

Because they're so damn cute!

Lola
Photobucket

Sleepy Jim in a shirt
Photobucket

Beggin for treats
Photobucket

Best buddies sleeping together on their "window perch"
Photobucket

o

Ryan, whew... Omg. That is quite a schedule of events good thing your a young man. Can we hear you on you tube cause I do like jazz ?

I admire your discipline to be able to have a Passion and yet be able to give it the back seat to do another task, and then everything else in between .

It must be nice to be the only master framer in the county let alone a city.

I'm surprised you didn't mentioned Laguna beach they have quite a art gallery in that city and they're always have art shows there.

And then a plant business, hats off to you my brother.

I guess it just looked like vacation from this side because you'd mention certain destinations you were at and it sounded like your here there and everywhere and displaying various plants at nurseries and I just figured, wow another vacation.
You are one busy dude and then you have time for this blog, I think that qualifies you to be a multi-tasker.

Greg

o

Greg, thanks for the support, it wasn't easy making that decision but it's been the best thing for my peace of mind and my family. We also have 2 girls, 6 years and 5 months, so...

I want to clarify, I'm the only art hanger in the county and I work part time at a frame shop/gallery that is very busy. The owner is a framer and I'm the only other framer which puts me in high demand over there. It's a multi-faceted trade that not many people have real experience with. Luckily, some days I finish my hanging jobs early and then have the rest of the day to tinker with plants or work on my plan to take over the world... muuaahahahaha!

Laguna Beach is very nice but the job has to be really big for me to drive that far, hasn't happened yet but if you know anyone...

The plant biz is in its infant stages but the plan is perfectly crystallized in my mind. I'm going to continue growing a variety of Mesembs from seed, build a website to move them and build up a catalog of available seeds over time. There are bigger parts of this plan involving expansion to a new property and substantially increasing my collection at that time but one thing at a time, please.

Just to let you guys know, this is the only blog I do. No Facebook or anything else. Y'all folks are my one and only and I just can't quitchya'. There's too much to learn here and too many great personalities. Plus, nobody else cares about my plant obsession. They have to tolerate it while you guys embrace it!

You can check out some pretty awful live recordings of our jazz if you want. The band has been inactive for about 2 years but our page is still up.

Here is a link that might be useful: Captain Squid

o

Ryan: I'm impressed that you're not of Facebook! Kudos to you, man! I got sucked in years ago with MySpace - I'm lucky I was able to fend that off for as long as I did. 'Course, I "met" my husband thru MySpace, so I guess I got at least one good thing out of it. :) He's the one that got me to transition on over to FB.

Anyway, are you in SD? We might have to talk. :) I have a friend who does art, but she's based on the east coast; I'm sort of trying to promote her out here.

And yes, jazz is some serious stuff! I'd go so far as to say it's one of the most difficult styles of music to study. A good friend of mine from the music program I was in studied jazz (while I was doing the opera stuff), and I got to sing a few times with the jazz band. When you spend your whole life on the beat, it's REALLY HARD to loosen up and get off it! Thankfully, I've gotten better over time. Jazz has also really helped me learn how to improvise. :) I'll have to give your band a listen.

So, it seems several of us have some pretty neat and interesting hobbies, pastimes, careers, etc. We've shared faces; how about background?

*CG*

o

I'm back, I had to read back and caatch up. This is so great that this thread turned into more than pictures. All different lives bonding on a passion fo plants.

Greg - are you making a "Red-head" reference, lol. I get Lucy references for the trouble I STILL seem to get into as well as the red hair. My children call me Ginger. Its occuring to me now that it could be a Gilligans Island reference??? I always thought it was started on South Park.

CG - Impressive life and good role model, your generation should all be like you, mine should have too for that matter. I googled "Salton Sea" and the very first sentence on Google is "The Salton Sea is a shallow, saline, endorheic rift lake located directly on the San Andreas Fault" you know what that sounds like to ppl in PA? YIKES! You werent kidding about living in the desert.

Rosemarie - I WANT the Capistrano story here! Its just been the 3 of us for 16 yrs (me and my son and daughter) and my oldest is about to go to college (only 2 hrs away) we visited the college yesterday so its more real now. I'm so proud (first one of her family to go), but I will miss her horribly and so will her brother. Any advice on getting through that?? I know I'm probably the exception here and its really a bad case of codependency, but I want them home and safe longer. I didnt have enough time. weird I know. Shes not too excited about going and I'm being a reluctant good Mom and making her go, its what comes next. My son just got his drivers permit. Make it stop!! I want my babies back. Oh, sorry menapausal and overly emotional rant, I'm ok now.

Stush - Dont be down on yourself, you looked like the friendliest person in the world to me, and your blue-eyed girl is lovely.

Carol - you have a "male dominated" job, so do I, I'm a service manager for GM by trade. CG too with firefighting "Girl power! " as my daugter used to say, now she says something else but I cant repeat it here, lol.

Keith - Do you teach staging classes? If so, is there one on youtube? Oh and I'm moving into your yard, dont mind me.

Keep it coming guys its great learning about everyone!

Denise

o

Denise, yeah I could say Ginger too I see it .
don't talk to me about Trouble , I know all to well what trouble is LOL...

Anyways this has been a very fun thread and the fastest growing one I've seen since I've been around and there are many more to come you might have to make another site like, face 2 or JUST to be funny 2 face lol... Have a great day and you can always have a capistrano experience when the kids come back to visit.

Greg

o

"Keith - Do you teach staging classes? If so, is there one on youtube? Oh and I'm moving into your yard, dont mind me."

Never videoed one, will have to keep that in mind for the next program I do. Have one coming up in May for the Gernanium Society where I will demo staging geophytic Pelargoiniums. Then one in June on caudiciforms and one in November on winter growing succulents. I have all the AV equipment just have to put to use.

Link below is a short video I put together from our club S&C show. If you watch closely you'll see me, I'm in a light colored tank top.

Here is a link that might be useful: C&S Show Teardown

o

Here's a few more of myself and my cuties (since we're showing them)

~Erin~

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Wow!/Hijole! (not you, Greg~hee hee) This thread now proves that they CAN go past 100 responses!!

Lots of interesting background stories, folks! I'm on info overload! More stuff to keep straight! :P I am amazed & impressed with all! What diversity in this group. :)

Nice to see you, Josh (Central_cali369) & at Yosemite, even!

Cute ones, Jim & Lola, Bellpepperguy, but what's YOUR name? (I'm trying to update the List before I post it again on the other thread Howard started. Speaking of...where is Howard's mugshot (~it's been MORE than a few days ~surely someone took snap on your birthday)...and Penny's...and, and...you know who you are!!

Denise, after a bit of time goes by, you'll see the separation is good for BOTH of you. That'll make the reunions that much sweeter. Enjoy the Capistrano times when they happen!
Oh! I goofed in any earlier response...a couple of you think Paula's name is Carol. It's not! :P I made a reference to Carol Merrill, from the show, Let's Make a Deal...describing her stance in her photo. Sorry!

Good to see you in gear, too, Erin...and your 2 cuties!

Okay...more mugshots! Where are you guys hiding???

o

Erin: Daaaaaaaaaaaang, girl! Remind me not to get on your bad side! *hehe!* Now I'm wishing I had an action shot of me! :)

*CG*

o

Erin,
Is that the way you weed around the house? Must be killer weeds. 1st. gas them, them attack!!!
Greg,
I would have never guess that's you. I kept thinking that here is a yound kid getting started into plants. Keep that contest going.

Man, I am impressed with you all.

Stush

o

Well, Stanley, what's your story? Tell us something about yourself. :)

o

Stush, Nah, just a newbie. I know and I ask a lot of questions to all the time and when I speak with friends and I share what I've learned on this site I sound some what informed , you'd think I'd tell them I learned all this stuff on the garden web , but heck no ! They think I'm some guro on cacti & succulents hahaha..LOL.

Stush actually I'm 56 but I feel like a kid with my cacti and succulent hobbie, collection, and I don't actually know many of the names of many of the spieces I have so It's going to be tuff for me to jumb into the alphabet thread. I'm not good at A,B,C's at least not in nameing plants, but I'm learning here, I see plants and then the names and then say, O, that's what I have, emmm....

Well gotta go was at work what seemed like all day.

Greg

o

I browse here much more then I post but here I am.
Photobucket

o

Hi All,
My name is Inna. I post sometimes,but mostly read. I am addicted to GW.
Photobucket

o

CG - I was in field medical training in the first picture and in the second one I was actually on a humanitarian mission in Uganda, Africa (too bad I wasn't into plants back then. I think I might have smuggled some back lol)

Stush - LMAO YEP! That's exactly what I do! Nah! I'm kidding! But thanks for the great idea! I think I'll put some of my gear laying around here to good use!

~Erin~

o

Central Cali, Yosemite, that is a nice place, I used to go there as a kid durring the days that had the Fire Fall, That was an Awesome site, I remember we stopped going back in the day as they say because of the Hippies, Lol... Yeah my dad said they ruined the park because of all their campfires, I mean pot smoking and the way they would carry on, people having sex all over the place. Back then it was called free love, I think it's still called that today. Anyways he didnt want us around that as kids I dont blame him either I woulda grabbed my kids and high tailed out of there too. Anyway I remember the park was beautiful and the water was abviously freezing cold.

Any ways I have cousins that lives by there, but I havent been there recently, do you live near by or where abouts in Central Cali?

Greg

o

Denise, I was doing an imitation of Carol at the time. (we were doing something noteworthy and this was the photo that went to other plants in the industry) I do work in an all male dominated field. First female maintenance and first female to work strictly production, ie 'hot end'. 'Wow' on Service Manager and CG as fire fighter. Now that takes guts as with ~Erin~ in the Military. When I was in the Army a friend took all of my C&S plants for me. I had a lot. After 3.5 years she was glad to give them back. 95% still there. I still have some of them or direct descendants. So many interesting people here! Night all! Have a great evening. Paula

o

Greg,

I love Yosemite! I live just south of Merced, so just about a fifty minute drive from Yosemite falls, Half Dome and all the iconic spots in the park. I'm actually planning a hike to cloud's rest this coming summer with a couple of friends haha. And funny that you mentioned the Fire Fall! I was just reading an article on that the other day. I would've loved to have seen that.

o

Central cali, Yeah My eldest son climbed up half dome 2 years ago I forgot how long it took him and his girlfriend but it was a milestone for them.

He actually took pictures standing right at the edge of the top, he later would make a poster that said, 3ft. from 9,000ft. He was actually 3ft. from the edge at the top. Yeah, WOW!!! you could see the wow in his eyes, like, HURRY UP! and take the picture already!.
It's a great site even just looking at the pics.

He said many have been flung off the mountain due to lightning striking and it just throws you right off, I've heard if there is any sign of clouds the climbing stops.

Yeah as a kid, around 9 years old I can remember jumbing off the bridges into the ICE cold water man was that ever a blast! I dont think I would do that today, I mean, I know I would'nt, Thinking back, that was crazy, I remember my dad telling me to be careful and only jumb inthe deep parts because alot of people were hitting the bottom and well you know that wasnt a good ending.

I have cousins in Modesto, ca. too whats the city your in?

Greg

o

Hi there,

I'm not a big poster here, but here I am late as usual. These are socks my sister made for me. Nice to see pirategirl, since I have a couple of her cuttings. I like seeing all the faces that go with the clever writings. We are all so accomplished! What a great group!

profilepic2

o

Good to see you, Karyn, Inna & aseedisapromise! It's good to see some lurkers jumping out of the shadows! LOL ASIAP (is there a shorter name we can use?)...love the socks! You KNOW the person who made these?! Wow! Like your jeans cuffs too! As I always say, Better Nate than lever...I mean, better late than never! Ha ha!

Paula, AMAZING you got 95% of your plants back ALIVE after 3.5 yrs! They deserve an award for that!

Yes, tons of interesting info about all to process. My head is spinning!! I must get chores done today, so I'll be speeding through other posts! :P

o

I am new to the forum, just learned how to post some pictures thanks to the helpful people here. Sorry I wish the picture was not so clear!!!! :) Cody.

My GTI, Me next to my GTI

o

Greg,

I'm in Chowchilla. About 10 miles south of Merced on the 99.

I've had my fair share of hikes up half dome hehe. I hiked it twice last summer, and hoping to hike it again this year. It takes us a little over 4 hours to reach the top, and 2.5 to get back down.

This is a panoramic photo I took while standing on the John Muir Trail. The photo is of Nevada Falls, with Liberty Cap rising in the center and the back side of Half Dome in the background on the left.

And these are photos of our group of friends as we explored the summit before sunrise.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
And this photo is of the cables on the last ascent to the Dome. I'm sure your son told you ALL about this part of the hike! haha
Photobucket

o

Central Cali Josh, wow!!! Sounds like your a regular up that part of the country, that's the location his pictures were taken, the 2nd and 3rd pics. He was standing on the edge 3ft and he told me it was 9,000 ft down, that's an awesome site and those water falls are nice too.

Those are awesome pics .

Greg

o

Wow. Jealous. :)

o

Here I am, late as always! ;)

Photobucket

Nancy

o

Glad you figured how to post pix, Cody & welcome. :) Good to see you & Nancy! It's okay to be late, as long as you SHOW UP! :P LOL

Fabulous Yosemite pix, Josh!

o

To all,
Not feeling too well. I think my pneumonia came back. If not any better tonight, I will go to the hospital again. Seems I have to go in every year now for this.
Don't feel like doing anything when I'm like this. See you all later.
Stush

o

Oh, not good, Stanley! :( Thinking positive thoughts for you ~to feel 100% soon! Keep us posted when you're able.

o

Here I am !

Here is a link that might be useful: Me

o

Wow...GREAT to meet and "see" everyone!!

Stush, SO sorry to hear you're not feeling well...Please feel better soon! Well wishes from all of us!

Me standing next to a Mango tree while on vacation...

And of course my Pug Max...

o

rosemariero6,

Thanks for directing me to photobucket. Hello everyone else. :)

o

Cody, Mastergardener. I like your handle and thats quite a statement for such a young man, throw some of your plants up so we can see what the masters been up too.

Puglvr, Wow that is a nice looking plant in the last picture you posted, Where did you go for vacation, I dont think I've ever seen a mango tree?

Stush, get some rest my friend and will wait for you to feel better, If your'e gone for more than a week I'm sorry but will need a doctors excuse when you get back.

Nancy , nice to see you here, as they say, better late than never huh.

C.G Jessica, Your'e a long ways from Yosemite girl, so enjoy those pictures, Lol...

aseedisapromise, welcome to the picture gallery, The Face returns. I like your handle to, " A seed is A promise." That is the truth, As long as the earth remains, seed time and harvest shall not cease.

I really enjoy this site it's such a great past time.

Greg

o

Stanley, I'm really sorry to hear you're not well! Take care of yourself and get better!

o

Stush, get that pneumonia taken care of! That's serious stuff!
Quite a few students have been hit by "walking pneumonia" this year....it's awful.

Nancy, great to see you join in, too! And Max, of course ;-)

Josh

o

greenman, Josh, Hey Josh , when you get a chance check out the Orchid site : "Poormans Orchid" I wanted to check on something with you, I have a little question for you on your expertise on the Pine bark, thanks

Hijole

o

Stanley: Feel better, my friend! Pneumonia sucks big-time - you want to kick it in the patootie as quickly as you can! Get plenty of rest, and we hope to see you back here soon. :)

*CG*

o

Today is the first day I am starting to feel better. My wife and family still want me to go to the hospital. I think I will be ok this time. Thanks all.
Stush

o

Thanks everyone!

Hijole, I went to Merritt Island (near Cape Canaveral), there was a Mango grove that was selling some Mangoes :o)...it was a couple or so years ago but I heard they sell them every summer. That's my Desert rose, I've since repotted and raised the caudex since that picture was taken.

Hey Josh!!

o

Feeling stronger every day. Thanks for all the concern. Now lets focus on the poor people caught in those horrible tornados that ripped thru the country. Hope all here are ok. We just missed it in S-W Pennsylvania. I am still waiting to here from some of my friends yet.
Stush

o

Hey Stush, Good to hear that your feeling better, and it looks like you wont be needing a doctor's excuse, Lol...

Wow Tornados!!! I've never been close to one of those living in California. Earthquakes I can handle, tornados, forget it!
Again welcome back.

Greg

o

I stay away from the forums for a few days and this thread just explodes! Great pictures, everyone! That pug Max is particularly cute. :)

-Jacob

o

Good to SEE you, springtime23 & Puglvr1! Loved your Adenium (you & Marie have knockout plants)&, of course, the pug, Max! Cute!

There are still a whole bunch who haven't shown their face! YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

SO glad to hear you're feeling better, Stanley! =D

o

Here i am,this was taken after my hair grew back in after chemo,so thats about 2 years ago.

Kathi b4 haircut,after chemo

Good to see what everyone looks like,but Bellpepper,looks like you are having trouble posting,all yours say the photos have been deleted.
Kathi

o

Thanks Rosemarie!!

Great to meet you Kathi!

o

Wonderful to see/meet you, Kathi! One day we'll meet in person!

o

Folks are MISSING! Be shot (snapshot, that is) & be counted! =)

o

Rosemarie, I agree, I like being able to put a face to the name or handle to so get snapped or get shot ! Yikes , just take a picture guys and no one wil get hurt LOL... See we like to have fun too ;)

Greg

o

OK, Rosemarie.... against my better judgement, with enlarging forehead and gravity taking its toll on my body, here's my pix!

Photobucket

o

Hee hee hee...glad you finally made it, Doc/Howard! Was it my threat or Greg's that did the trick? :P Wonderful to see some of your plants too...ooo, looky...orchids!! Gorgeous! Well, at least we can see ONE of your smiling eyes! =D

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here