Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help with my wrinkly adromischus sp

Posted by Logan2 9 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 7, 13 at 11:26

I got these plants before fall and they were all pump and juicy. But it started to get a little wrinkly and hasn't gotten any better for 3 months. Look at the leaves on this adromischus sp, it's gotten so wrinkly and it falls off so easily. There are leave droppings all around the plant. While the new leaves looks nice and plump, the medium and larger leaves just won't plump up. I mist them about twice a week. And give them water drips about once a month. They stay indoor by the window during the day (warm), and at night I move them away from the window so they don't get the frost bite. Is this a winter thing or is this my bad care?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help with my wrinkly adromischus sp

I start getting slow new growth around this time of year with Adromischus. I grow them outdoors but I wish I had room for them in the greenhouse because I don't like the way they perform when it gets wet and cold. Anyhow, yours could use a good watering and the Winter-growing Cheiridopsis next to it won't mind a good soak either. The good news is Adros are easy to propagate from leaves.

o

Could the 'cheiridopsis' be a Gibbaeum velutinum?

o

I think you may be right, Beach. They do look velvety when you zoom in and no spots is a giveaway. Sorry.
The shape of them looks like the way my C. excavata is growing right now. On the other hand, I don't see any of the curves or hooks usually associated with G. velutinum. Any other suggestions? Well, Logan seems to have the ID's for his plants so maybe he can clear this up when he checks back in:)

o

Thanks for the suggestion hanzrobo.. I think I will have to read through all your comments on the different types and replant them in different pots. They are so cute together, I really wanted to group them up some how. You mentioned your adromischs grows outdoors, does the leaves falls off easily? Even when I first got mine while nice and plump, slightest touch really breaks off the leaves.

The other plant is actually crassula grisea

o

Haha, wow! I can't believe I didn't realize it's a Crassula! It's totally obvious now. It's not doing that Mesemb thing with the emerging leaves. I'm just going to start calling everything a Mesemb, look out folks!

Logan, I grow in a really mellow environment so I keep most of my plants outdoors. Adromischus are generally delicate plants in respect to handling, some more than others. The leaves break off easily and even moreso if the plant is saturated. Otherwise, I find them to be quite easy to keep alive in the right setting.

o

Wow, that was total mismatch! Hehe Did not even think of Crassula.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here