Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wooohooo....I have a baby too!

Posted by greenclaws UKzone8a (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 1, 12 at 11:37

Born overnight in the airing cupboard, first one of a multiple birth I hope. Any ideas as to its breed? One person in particular definitely knows the answer!!
From a proud mum in the UK.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wooohooo....I have a baby too!

And yes I do. Congrats. Easy on the water so it doesn't rot on you.... good growing!

o

Correct Mr.L! (wink-wink!) I'll be sure to nurture him/her.
Gill from the UK.

o

Hmmmmmmm...tophat?

Penny

o

Gill,
Congrats on the birth.......
When did you plant them? I am still awaiting for mine to sprout.
Sharon

o

Oh boy, Gill.... looks like somebody else knows your little secret...LOL

o

Hello Penny....it's another baby Adenium to fuel my addiction!
Hi Sharon, I planted them on 26th Jan, yours will be popping soon too!
OK, secrets out I guess as to where the seeds came from. Yes, Bikerdoc was kind enough to send me some from his own plant that he showed us recently.
I planted them in pure perlite this time...how long before I move it to a different mix...any ideas as I've not tried this method before?
Gill from the UK.

o

Gill you should have goated everyone on just a bit longer....LOL

Sharon, if your seeds don't germinate, let me know and I'll send you some more... may need your address again.

o

Gill, congrats, I can't wait to see more of this baby....when it gets bigger.....
Marie

o

Howard,
Nothing yet......I might have to get in touch with you again.

Sharon

o

I never was good at guessing. But it sure is a cute little thing making its way into the world. I was worried about it last night when I heard how cold it was in the UK on TV. Hopefully, that's not a problem for you. Did you plant several seeds in this pot? Maybe siblings have yet to erupt?

Penny

o
It's twins!

Had another one overnight folks!
Yes, it is cold here at the moment, -4C last night and all set for another cold one tonight with weekend temps down to -10C.
Had the community hatching pot on the windowcill again today as despite the cold, it's been bright and sunny so with a lid on they keep warm and moist. Once the sun goes down I shove 'em back into the airing cupboard for the night! Once they pop I give them as much light as possible, so the twins are now potted individually and are sitting under a lamp in the living room.
Gill from the UK.

o

Gill, the news said it was snowing in London. Are you getting snow in the UK? How are your plants doing? It seems so odd for it to be so cold where you are.

So how many babies have sprouted? It would be interesting to know out of all the seeds you planted, how many germinated.

Just when the babies need their caps to keep warm, they probably have fallen off.

o

Penny, yes it snowed for 9 hours yesterday and dumped around 6 inches of the white stuff on us! The coldest temp the other night was -8c.
Two seeds have popped so far and I'm certain another is trying very hard....the rest seem to be lying low and keeping themselves warm in the depths of the airing cupboard for the time being. One's hat got well and truly stuck on it's head so I had to give it a helping hand so now they're both turning nice and green in the window during daylight and under a lamp come the evening.
Gill from the UK.

o

Congratulations Gill!!!

Stay warm...

Laura

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here