{{gwi:488160}}

Comments (10)

• caudex1
    Original Author
    11 years ago

For some the reason the 1st photo is stretched, it should be square

• reggie
    11 years ago

I like that set up. Nice presentation. :-)

• mrlike2u
    11 years ago

Nice crafting concept showing your uniqueness to the art Some considerations for you:

Dont take it the wrong way, but the feet stick out like a sore thumb when I know your deffinatly better than that.

Top looks good offering a clear " I just finished slowly sweeping( moved) the pebbles out of the way view." I'm pretty certain that your already thinking more texture finsihes to meld in better with the medium and it's overall natraul look for staging.
    I'm kind of mixed on the sides for this paticular pot but I see where your going I'm nearly certain you'll make more in this style look even better or more realistic as you move forward.
    Also I dont think you'd loose the ribbon with this pot in presentation it's just that I've seen better from you.

• hanzrobo
    11 years ago

It must've been hot when you were dipping it in the lava. Very nice!

• csmartyonline
    11 years ago

I like the pot very much. :)

• seedmoney
    11 years ago

Delicious!
    Me loves a gnarly pot...I want to touch it!
    Would love to see your new finish on round pots. Can't tell for certain if the finish is matte or gloss, but I can see applications for both types...

• caudex1
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yeah, the feet. Should have stained them. This was just something I wanted to try.

Here's another from the same test group. It has a satin/matte finish
    {{gwi:488163}}

• reggie
    11 years ago

Ohhhh nice. Molten lava! Fun to think or what red tinged plant I would put in that pot. Kelly Griffin hybrid aloe, perhaps?

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    11 years ago

Very nice pots, as always.

"For some the reason the 1st photo is stretched, it should be square"

I don't use flickr but folks who do say the new GW format does that to their pix. If they remove the height and width from the link posted on GW it takes care of that distortion.

tj

• mrlike2u
    11 years ago

Likes the sides a-lot more on this one, the side with change of height can really stretch the imagination The shape and oddness of dimensions are WOW really really nice
    Personally I like the unique " out of the box " planning you have for this class of plants and for show staging
    If I may, the concept of a plant that grows that close to a lava flow isn't something some people could stage correctly. It seems to have it's limits.... Again very nice work even for a test batch...

If you have the time I could also use your feed back on a different thread.