Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question Regarding Madagascar Palm

Posted by saj_2002 none (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 8, 13 at 13:47

I have a madagascar palm for over 5 - 6 years. It seems to be happy (a bit etiolated?) but I see roots coming out of the hole at the bottom. Is it time to repot? Thank you for all advice..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question Regarding Madagascar Palm

and here are the offending roots in question in all their gory detail..

o

and here is the plant itself..sorry for the multiple posts.

o

OMG your palm is amazing!! I just repotted 4 of mine for the same root reasons..so far, so good. I do give them a bit of filtered light as our sun has become much too strong mid-day and late afternoon.

o

WOW that thing looks deadly.Do you have to use a lot of folded up newspaper to handle that??
Kathi

o

Kathi - I wear gloves but as a rule i try to avoid handling that :-)
plumygirl: thank you..so I will repot it in spring keeping in mind that my poor car looked like this today evening LOL

o

Re: Nemo

My heart goes out to everyone caught up in this storm!! Weather channel keeps giving stats as to the number of feet. Take care everyone..Be safe!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here