Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
armu01

Is my cacti doomed? Please advise!!

armu01
11 years ago

Hello,

I'm new here and apologize if this subject has been covered previously.

I bought my husband a small cacti for Christmas; initially the plant was doing great with rapid growth. We have watered the plant 3 times since we got it in December. The plant has been in the same location, with indirect sunlight the whole time we've had it.

All of a sudden one of the front stalks got soft, shriveled, and overnight it fell. We didn't know what to do, but I suspected it had too much water. I cut the limp stalk and all was well. About 3-4 days later two more stalks softened and fell overnight. At this point, I have no idea if the cactus is doomed or how to save it. If possible, I would like to find a way to keep it alive because my husband is really quite upset that the plant is perishing. It has been at least 2 weeks since we last watered the plant. It has drainage holes in the bottom and does not sit in water.

I was also thinking that maybe the plant was too cold because out complex was having heating issues for a week, but all of my other house plants and tropicals (orchids, nepenthes) made it just fine. It wasn't freezing but was chilly during the day when we were out and the secondary heaters were off.

I have included a picture. Any help is appreciate.

Thank you,

Armu01

Comments (3)