Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
emerald1951

new string of hearts pics

emerald1951
15 years ago

Hi all, I took new pics of my string of hearts to show the whole plant...

{{gwi:491101}}
and a new view of the top of the plant, some of the leaves are as big as a quarter, and the vines are strong and there are lots of those little beads on the vines, hope these are better pics...

{{gwi:491102}}
someone said the top looked thin, what do you think..

I love this plant and I don't want to loose it..

linda

Comments (8)

• pirate_girl
    15 years ago

Hey Emerald,

That was me who said the top had seemed thin in the last pix (where I couldn't see the top well at all).

I can see clearly that's not at all the case now, given the close up. Good for you. I'd say you're doing just fine & aren't in any danger of losing it.

I'm pretty new at posting pix, but here's a shot of mine:

{{gwi:491103}}

• emerald1951
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi pirate-girl, I can't get your pic to enlarge, darn, but it looks like the leaves on yours are big...how do you get them so big and your plant looks so green very nice...I have mine in a south window and some of the leaves have a red color to them..thanks for posting a pic of yours, its nice to see, it gives me a idea how I am doing growing mine...thanks again..linda

• puglvr1
    15 years ago

Very nice plants Linda and PG!!Thanks for posting...

I too would love to see an enlarged pic of your plant PG, looks very healthy..

• pirate_girl
    15 years ago

Well thanks folks, I'll confess, I DID adjust the pic's contrast a bit, it MAY have greened it up some. ;>)

Sorry, I'm not sure how to make them 'clickable' to larger, am still learning photo sizing. Maybe during the snowstorm predicted in the next 24 hrs. I'll try again.

Pls. know the leaf size isn't that big, the largest just under the size of a quarter; deceptive somehow.

Emerald, mine does't bleach out much as it's not directly in the sun, but rather just on the edge of a west window.

Also, did you know there's a gorgeous variegated version? Green & white w/ slightly pink highlights from strong sun; leaves can get very thickly succulent. Mine are struggling at the moment (tiny pots), they fell off the windowsill recently, if you don't turn me into the Plant Police I might post pix of them too!

Thanks for the compliments!

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    15 years ago

Karen,
    I've been noticing this new problem with photobucket thumbnails, too.
    Basically, if you're going to use the thumbnail code, you can't alter it
    in any way - for instance, removing the "center" command at beginning
    and end of the code. I've been quite frustrated by this, to the point
    where I typically only post full-size images now...despite the burden
    on those with slow internet connection.

Josh

• haxuan
    15 years ago

Linda, look at your "string-of-hearts", it grows so long!!! Mine is still tiny, I just got it a few months. I hope one day mine will look as good as yours or Karen's.
    Thanks for posting.

Xuan

• pirate_girl
    15 years ago

I've been having a bit of trouble just now: if this works, THEN I'll comment: (GRRR)

{{gwi:104985}}

Sorry, but pls. turn yr. head, unaltered photo from this afternoon.

{{gwi:491104}}

Variegated version, semi-ailing, but cute.

{{gwi:104986}}

A related form w/ lance shaped leaves. Have never see this elsewhere. IsnÂt it cool?

• emerald1951
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi pirate girl, thanks for reposting your pics, your plant is very heathy looking and so green and good luck on your trying to keep the other 2 going, I do the same thing, sometimes I get a nice plant and sometimes oops... I have never seen the varigated form of this plant or the last pic-one. I got mine at HD last summer..it was all knotted up and I sat for hours unknotting it, it was about a foot long..and now its about 6 feet long. I really like this plant. I had one years ago and it was huge in a 12 inch pot and about 8 feet long, and I took it outside and very gently washed it off, you know how plants like a good shower, well I guess that plant didn't it just died, and this is the first one I have found since..I just hope it last a long time...good luck again on your little plants, and posting your pics...linda

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer