Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nikki702

Couple of new plants

nikki702
10 years ago

I was in Homebase today to buy paint and ended up buying 2 new plants instead!

These were 99p each :-)

Adromischus Cooperi

Gasteraloe Green Ice

Comments (6)

• hanzrobo
    10 years ago

Ryan says 'A. cooperi is not seen often here - his only plant came from leaf offsets.' Gasteraloe 'Green Ice' is nice, nice.

Amanuensis Jeff

• Neysa
    10 years ago

that cooperi is really pretty....................don't have any HomeBase around my area.

Neysa in Calif

• rosemariero
    10 years ago

Wow! TWO nice plants...and for a pittance! Double wow! And in good shape (minus the yucky soil).

We used to have a Homebase here, but it closed years ago. I thought the whole company went out of business. I see you're in the UK. Maybe that's why. LOL They had really neat stuff for my house! I miss it!

Jeff, are you being a good assistant to Ryan? Visit going well? :D

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    10 years ago

Hi Nikki, great to see you again, hope your plants are doing well for you. I was only thinking of you today when I gave 'Hobbit' a haircut! It had shot skywards and was getting a bit top heavy. Hopefully the cuttings will root as easily as regular Jades do and make nice branched plants and of course the remaining mother plant should also sprout forth.

As I was already holding the scalpel, I also took the plunge and transformed my Hummel's Sunset into a jibbering leafless creature as over the winter it had suffered from not only a persistent mealy bug infestation but had developed some wrinkly leaves too. I hadn't pinched it back for the last year or so as I thought it looked OK, but it kept elongating and was now out of shape completely. I'll post some before and after pics shortly.

I too make a beeline for the plant section in Homebase as I've managed to nab several of those 99p bargains myself over the years. I' not familiar with the 2 you have shown above, but they look really good and for that price, well, how can you not nab some! You now have an excuse to return for the paint....and yet more plants too!

Best wishes, Gill also in the UK.

• nikki702
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone I stopped buying plants for a while because of limited space haha

• nikki702
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Gill, Im glad to hear your hobbit is doing well. Its funny that you mention mealy bugs I found some on one of my plants the other day. I gave them a dab with some surgical spirit will keep my eye out for more.

My plants are looking sad this winter.

I will look forward to seeing your pics :-)