Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Succulence Born ~had to share!

Posted by rosemariero6 z10 /ss24 So. Calif. (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 22, 13 at 17:58

Okay, so he's a BONEY succulent (born on the 20th)...amidst the other sux, for "cover".
Click for larger view:

photo DSC_5150_zpsa14458a5.jpg Aloe juvenna photo IMG_2019Aloejuvenna.jpg  photo DSC_4917_zpsdd76cacc.jpg

Aeonium Zwartkin photo IMG_1999AeoniumZwartkin.jpg  photo DSC_5323_zps443f4bf2.jpg Ech Mahogany Rose photo IMG_1840EcheveriamahoganyRosestalk.jpg

photo DSC_5471thinkinabtit_zps46d348fa.jpg Cotyledon tomentosa ssp tom photo IMG_1705Cotyledontomentosassptoment.jpg  photo DSC_5507rightsideday2_zps17b765d5.jpg

Haworthia cooperi Fort Murray photo IMG_1856HaworthiacooperiFortMurray.jpg  photo DSC_5525_zps566629ba.jpg  photo IMG_0321.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Succulence Born ~had to share!

A bit etoliated, you know, leggy. Must have been where there wasn't much light.
;-)

Great pix. Isn't Creation a beautiful thing.

tj

o

Hee hee hee, TJ, you've GOT it...etiolated! Finally got the lil guy into the light! Ought to grow better now...fill out some! =)

Thanks..and YES, creation is beautiful!!

o

What a beautiful foal! Looks like he has unique markings on his stockings. Gorgeous mare as well. Congratulations!

o

Thank you, greybird kk! His front left in particular has a unique look. We're having a hard time figuring how to describe it. ;)

o

Very cool. Such a nice looking bunch...flora and fauna! What is the name of the new born? And what is the name of the last succulent?

o

Thanks, Reggie! We haven't decided on his name, but hubby is leaning toward Cisco (like the Kid).

Last suc is Kalanchoe streptantha before it croaked in the 07 freeze. Yale has been a sweetheart, sending me some of this, that I sent to him all those years ago...if I recall correctly. :P

o

What a cutie. I could just kiss his little forehead!

o

From your post title, I thought his name was Succulence! I vote for Cactus Jack. If it was a girl, Agave Maria.

Nancy

o

:) Laura, yes...kissable...if only Mom would let us near him!

Ha ha, Nancy...sorry, title name was just to allude to the subject of this half-OT post. Those are both great names! LOL Hubby is not a fan of C&S, tho. He had me calling him a "her" for the 1st couple hrs, so we figured he better hurry up w/his name. Last night it was decided...definitely Cisco! =)

o

What a great way to start the day--looking at your sweet, gorgeous new "big" baby. Gotta love that baby face. Mom looks very proud, indeed.

And TJ, thanks for the laugh :-)

o

Glad to be a good day-starter for you, notolover! Thanks! Yes, Mama Zana is proud AND protective! She's an excellent Mom!

Our other mare, Saffron is due late next month...so I'm sure I'll be posting MORE succulence/succulents! =)

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Sat, Feb 23, 13 at 18:40

What a beautiful boy. Congrats!

o

Thanks, Hoovb! =)

Okay, I've never done this before, here on the forum...but worth a try...a short video clip of the youngster. See if the link works...will someone please let me know? Otherwise I'll try to embed...if it's allowed.

I think if you click on the photo, it will take you to the clip (½ minute):

Cisco frolicks 2 day old video 020Ciscoruns_zpsb89b278f.mp4

o

It works Rosemarie!

o

Awwww, Ro, he's gorgeous! Congratulations!

o

Thanks for letting me know it worked, Rina! I appreciate that.

Thanks, Ryan! We think so too!

We were out this morn taking MORE pix & video, having moved them back yesterday to the "mare motel" with our other pregnant mare, Saffron. Had to make sure they all got through the "scary" night okay (colt in new environment/space/noises, protective mom vs. PG mom, etc.).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here