Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosemariero6

Succulence Born ~had to share!

rosemariero6
11 years ago

Okay, so he's a BONEY succulent (born on the 20th)...amidst the other sux, for "cover".
Click for larger view:

{{gwi:493944}} {{gwi:493945}} {{gwi:493946}}

{{gwi:493947}} {{gwi:493948}} {{gwi:493949}}

{{gwi:493950}} {{gwi:493951}} {{gwi:493952}}

{{gwi:493953}} {{gwi:493954}} {{gwi:493955}}

Comments (16)

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    11 years ago

A bit etoliated, you know, leggy. Must have been where there wasn't much light.
    ;-)

Great pix. Isn't Creation a beautiful thing.

tj

• rosemariero6
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hee hee hee, TJ, you've GOT it...etiolated! Finally got the lil guy into the light! Ought to grow better now...fill out some! =)

Thanks..and YES, creation is beautiful!!

• greybird_keke
    11 years ago

What a beautiful foal! Looks like he has unique markings on his stockings. Gorgeous mare as well. Congratulations!

• rosemariero6
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you, greybird kk! His front left in particular has a unique look. We're having a hard time figuring how to describe it. ;)

• reggie
    11 years ago

Very cool. Such a nice looking bunch...flora and fauna! What is the name of the new born? And what is the name of the last succulent?

• rosemariero6
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, Reggie! We haven't decided on his name, but hubby is leaning toward Cisco (like the Kid).

Last suc is Kalanchoe streptantha before it croaked in the 07 freeze. Yale has been a sweetheart, sending me some of this, that I sent to him all those years ago...if I recall correctly. :P

• Laura Robichaud
    11 years ago

What a cutie. I could just kiss his little forehead!

• brodyjames_gw
    11 years ago

From your post title, I thought his name was Succulence! I vote for Cactus Jack. If it was a girl, Agave Maria.

Nancy

• rosemariero6
    Original Author
    11 years ago

:) Laura, yes...kissable...if only Mom would let us near him!

Ha ha, Nancy...sorry, title name was just to allude to the subject of this half-OT post. Those are both great names! LOL Hubby is not a fan of C&S, tho. He had me calling him a "her" for the 1st couple hrs, so we figured he better hurry up w/his name. Last night it was decided...definitely Cisco! =)

• notolover
    11 years ago

What a great way to start the day--looking at your sweet, gorgeous new "big" baby. Gotta love that baby face. Mom looks very proud, indeed.

And TJ, thanks for the laugh :-)

• rosemariero6
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Glad to be a good day-starter for you, notolover! Thanks! Yes, Mama Zana is proud AND protective! She's an excellent Mom!

Our other mare, Saffron is due late next month...so I'm sure I'll be posting MORE succulence/succulents! =)

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    11 years ago

What a beautiful boy. Congrats!

• rosemariero
    11 years ago

Thanks, Hoovb! =)

Okay, I've never done this before, here on the forum...but worth a try...a short video clip of the youngster. See if the link works...will someone please let me know? Otherwise I'll try to embed...if it's allowed.

I think if you click on the photo, it will take you to the clip (ý minute):

{{gwi:493956}}

• rina_Ontario,Canada 5a
    11 years ago

It works Rosemarie!

• hanzrobo
    11 years ago

Awwww, Ro, he's gorgeous! Congratulations!

• rosemariero
    11 years ago

Thanks for letting me know it worked, Rina! I appreciate that.

Thanks, Ryan! We think so too!

We were out this morn taking MORE pix & video, having moved them back yesterday to the "mare motel" with our other pregnant mare, Saffron. Had to make sure they all got through the "scary" night okay (colt in new environment/space/noises, protective mom vs. PG mom, etc.).