Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sesamothamnus lugardii...seed/plant sources in USA

Posted by BronxFigs Zone-7 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 18, 12 at 18:20

Looking all over the net for possible seed sources for this plant. Only found seeds at: B & T World Seeds, but came up blank for sources in the United States.

Also, besides Shoal Creek Succulents, does anyone know a source for plants, large sizes, say 1/2 -1 gallon sizes?

I went on a search for all the Cactus-Mall listings, and still came up with zip, zero, nada.There HAVE to be some growers in The States for this plant.

Any help? Maybe a private-grower?

Frank

Arid-Lands....no
Great Petaluma Desert....no
Miles2Go...no
Sticky Situation...no
Living Stones...no
Rare Succulents...no

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sesamothamnus lugardii...seed/plant sources in USA

Have you tried Guy Wrinkle - Rare Exotics?
http://www.rareexotics.com/store/index.php/item_2170
I've never purchased from this nursery and don't know if it's reliable or not. Good luck in your search.

o

karyn1....Yes, and he said "no".

I'm running out of places to try. I'll probably have to just order a small plant.

Struck out....again.

Frank

o

fly out to So California for local cacti sales... often see 1 gal and larger sizes of this for sale locally.

o

lzrddr....

You hit the nail right on the head! You have no idea how I would love to do just as you suggest. Distance, and climate always seem to separate me from the plants I want to grow, and I'm afraid that if I do visit such places - where the climate is so conducive to growing these types of plants so easily,- I may just stay there for the rest of my life...to live in peace. I've had it with New York, the lousy climate, traffic, noise, everything. I need some BIG changes, and fast...but, I'm stuck here for now...and it's beyond my control.

Incredible to read that you can so easily find this plant!

Thanks....

Frank, ... still freezing in NYC

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here