• Posted by rina_ 6a Ont (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 13, 13 at 18:30

#2 flower close-up:

Rina

o
RE: ID's or name confirmation needed please

Wed, Feb 13, 13 at 18:36

#3: is this Aloe namibensis? A. california?

Thnx. Rina

o

Wed, Feb 13, 13 at 18:50

#4: is this Aloe nobilis variegated?

Rina

o

Can we see another pic of the Aloe-whole thing? Has it ever bloomed?

The other is Pachy-something. My brain won't kick in at the moment. I'll be back! =)

o
RE: ID's or name confirmation needed please-more

I didn't see 3 & 4 before I posted. I was thinking...long! Ha! No answers on these other 2...yet!

o

Wed, Feb 13, 13 at 19:55

#1 NoID Aloe - photo of whole plant outside in full sun (leaves darker); so far it didn't bloom, just getting too many pups:

This post was edited by rina_ on Wed, Feb 13, 13 at 19:58

o

#1 looks like my A. grandidentata...but I'm sure it could be argued. It's a heavy-pupper for me!

o

Agree with Rosemarie about the Grapto-something. The last one is Haworthia cymbiformis variegata

o

I don't know if it's on the market or not, but your #2 looks something like xGraptophytum 'Amphitryon'. Parentage : (Graptopetalum amethystinum x Pachyphytum glutinicaule)

I think Howard has it on the Haworthia! =) Tricked me...maybe without the rocks, the rosette would flatten out a little.

Here is a link that might be useful: xGraptophytum 'Amphitryon'

o

Rosemarie & Howard

Thank you for your efforts.
I have another one that you ID as Haworthia cymbiformis variegata (#4).
Not sure if you could tell from the photo, but leaves on mine look to me thinner (not as succulent/chubby as the photos on web). They have few tiny teeth (that's why I thought it was aloe), and it looks like they have tight rosette, but mine seems to be growing up like a stem (it may be etoliated?)

o

Aloe #1 could be many things, but most likely maculata (aka saponaria).. Aloe #3 is most likely Aloe claviflora or falcata, with a few less likely possibilities such as pachygaster or maybe namibensis... however these last two are pretty uncommon in cultivation. All look basically very similar, though flowers will help distinguish most, or mature leaf patterns.

o

Rina, this is my Haworthia... that yours has small spines on the leaf edges does raise some question as to the ID but I am not familiar enough with the Aloe genus to know if there is a "look a like".

o

Rina, the last pic you show of the variegated guy does tend to look more like an Aloe (teeth on edges, but Haws have them as well). The other pic, showing thin leaves~seemed like you could see through them, making me think Haworthia. Not so sure it would be A. nobilis, but that is a possibility. Yes, also possible it is etiolated. Wait till it grows a bit & we can have another crack at it! =)

I also agreed with Geoff, that #1 Aloe could be maculata.

o

• Posted by teatree zone 8b/Oregon (My Page) on
    Thu, Feb 14, 13 at 10:46

I thought of a slightly stretched variegated Alworthia 'Black Gem.' I really don't know what I'm talking about, but it doesn't strike me as a Haw somehow with the leaf shape and how they're sticking upward. The base of the second variegated guy pictured really strikes me as an Aloe--hrmm--but I don't want to ruffle any feathers by saying! :)

o

Howard

Thank you for the photo -beautiful plant-,it shows what I mean by 'succulent' leaves, on mine they are not. Hope it will be easier to ID as it grow.

Thank you to everyone for commenting.

#5:
(It could use little more light...)

Rina

This post was edited by rina_ on Sat, Feb 16, 13 at 0:20

o

#6:
have this as Sansevieria hahnii - is it?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here