Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do I have a Hummel's Sunset?

Posted by chicagardens (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 17, 14 at 18:39

I've been babying my tiny clipping...it's mostly yellow, not a ton of other color, prob because it hasn't received a ton of sun. Mine looks a lot like the one pictured minus the red trim.

This post was edited by chicagardens on Mon, Feb 17, 14 at 20:07

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do I have a Hummel's Sunset?

i would think so.

the tips get more red when in sun and established

o

Can you take a picture of yours?

Josh

o

• Posted by whip1 z5 ne Ohio (My Page) on
    Mon, Feb 17, 14 at 23:56

The one pictured is a Hummels.

o

Yes, that's what you have. Mine turn yellow at different times of the year. Here are a couple examples:
click for larger view
 photo DSC_1700CrassHummelsSunset_zpsd4853f9c.jpg  photo IMG_9631Marchcolor_zps583ff093.jpg

o

It could very well be a 'Hummel's Sunset,' but I think a pic of the actual plant in question would really help with the confirmation.

"Mine looks a lot like the one pictured minus the red trim."

Josh

o

ohhhhhhhhhhh those are pretty!!!!

Neysa in Calif

o

I only have one that turned a really colorful Hummel this year. This one was taken the end of January...its slowly losing its color now due to the above normal Feb. we've had...have already had several weeks of mid 80's so far and March is around the corner. Soon enough it will be all green again :o(

o

Repotted it to a slightly bigger pot a few days after that picture was taken. This one was taken a couple of weeks ago...you can see its already lost some of its intense color

o

Sure put on a show, however brief! Great pics, Nancy!!!

Josh

o

Very pretty plants, Nancy! =)

Showing color on mine from end of Jan this year & Feb last year. Click for larger view.

photo DSC_5136CrassulaHummelsSunset_zps2b5a134a.jpg  photo DSC_4553_zps787015c4.jpg

o

Thank you Josh and Rosemarie!

Josh, it is very short lived so I have to enjoy it twice as much :o)

Rosemarie, LOVE your Jades as well...absolutely beautiful Jades, I always enjoy your pictures!!

o

Beautiful plants!

o

Thx all for the input, I went to check on my clipping today, it didn't make it :'(

Hopefully I'll get my hands on another soon. I enjoyed seeing everyone's pics :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here