Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Aloe marlothii update

Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 3, 12 at 19:07

It took a few years from a 6" pot, but worth the wait!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

cameronii and gariepensis are finishing up.
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Aloe marlothii update

Wow!!! Hoovb, that is a nice looking plant, and what do you call a few years because that one looks BIG ?

Greg

o

Holy cow! That is a beauty! Same question...what do you call a few years??

Boy, I wish I lived in your neighborhood...

Tom

o

Pretty special that marlothii, gariepensis. I would definitely also be pretty pleased about them...

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Sat, Feb 4, 12 at 1:48

Four years (I think) on the marlothii. Here it is in November 2009 (extreme lower left of photo)

Photobucket

and then in November 2011:
Photobucket

o

Absolutely beautiful, hoovb!!! Enjoyed all the plants in your pix! :D

o

I bought a seedling of this (I think) in a 2" pot last year. It loves my Southern window and has been rosette-ing for a few months now yay!

o

That is wonderful. I have a Aloe ferox that started out a tiny little plant in a 4" pot that is now quite large. I can't wait to get it in the ground. Probably a few years away from being as impressive as your marlothii.

o
Maireana sedifolia

Also is that Maireana sedifolia in the picture with it? I need to get me some of that.

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 7, 12 at 17:02

Yes that's Maireana sedifolia. I love that plant. You need some, yes. It's wonderful. Just so you know it's quite sprawly.

o

Here's a nice Question I just thought of, can these Aloes be propagated by leaf cuttings or the branches, whatever their called ?

Now I know they pup but are generous enough to produce with leaf cuttings , I hope someone says YES!!!

Greg

o

hoov,

I've been admiring it several times - such a nice Aloe and it's rewarded your patience handsomely.

Greg,

This Aloe doesn't branch usually, and Aloes don't grow that way, unlike their relatives the Gasterias and Haworthias.

o

Cactusmcharris, thanks for answering, I had a feeling they didn't , I figured it would be to good to be true.

Well I was just hoping it sure woulda been nice.

Greg

o

Beautiful! I'm just now starting to appreciate Aloes. I have a few...nothing special. But A. marlothii and A. plicatilis are 2 that I have to get my hands on.
Matthew

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here