Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hijole

Spring Break

hijole
10 years ago

I'm so excited that Spring is upon us I love the colors, & all the propagating that goes on at this time of year, The weather has been so nice that I got a jump start on my replanting and I cant wait to chop & cut my cacti & succulents and spread them out all over.

I guess when you get a little older (I did say a little) this is what you call Spring Break Lol... Gotta love it :)

Greg

Comments (23)

• hijole
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Spring isnt here yet officially but its in the air.

Greg

• hijole
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Im serious this is the last one.

Greg

• hijole
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Loving it :)

• hijole
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ok, this is the last one Lol... Not!

Greg

• hijole
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Loving it :)

{{!gwi}}

• rosemariero6
    10 years ago

Looking great, Greg! That's the spirit! Have fun spreading them around! =)

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    10 years ago

Beautiful!

• Microthrix
    10 years ago

I'm still young, and this sure is my spring break!

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    10 years ago

I'm gray/green with envy at seeing your beautiful plants. I love how you've placed them. Who said succulents couldn't be lush.

• kaktuskris
    10 years ago

No spring break here...not even close.

Christopher

• succulentlife
    10 years ago

Looks like a great way to spend a spring break!

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    10 years ago

I hate you, still got two feet of snow here.

Just kidding old man. Kidding again.

Stush

• hijole
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Rosemarie, Thank you, It's not hard to get into the spirit when were talkin bout Cacti & Succulents and even more when your addicted :)

wantanamara, Thanks

Microthrix, You've picked a very nice hobby for your Spring break fun, just watch out for Lola, Echeveria Lola that is because whatever Lola wants Lola gets, Even in the garden Lol...

roselee, No need to be envious 0r start turning colors just start cutting & chopping and they spread out fast! Thanks for the post and whoever said succulents could'nt be Lush wasn't me (:

Katuskris,
    Sorry about the Cold Snap in your part of the world, ever think about starting a Polar bear collection (: like the Old man cactus ? Hope it warms up Quick!

nik23,
    That's what I'm talking about, Thanks.

Stush My man, We need to get you into "ANGER Management" Lol... just kidding... jk my friend :) soon we will all be enjoying these beautiful days like us Californians, Just be patient. I'll be sending you the pkage soon, So when does the weather get good as opposed to 2" of SNOW ? kidding my friend :)

I'm still addicted to these plants and I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel either, So I'll be sending more pics soon.

Greg

• hijole
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The colors are simply amazing! & the plants are so forgiving getting even more colorful with no water, I think they say, Stressing your Succulents to provide more color.

Water shortage? HA!!

Greg

• Neysa
    10 years ago

wow!!! nice group of succulent and cactus you have going on. I know its not spring yet, but why did my mini daffodils come up? well, its spring like weather, the trees are all budding out, so why should'nt the bulbs come up to see.

Neysa in Calif.

• hijole
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Neysa, thats what Im taking about, Man if it gets any warmer I'll start thinking its Summer, my plants dont know how to act either and for that matter neither do I lol... Should I cut the plants or wait? 0mg !

Thxz for the complements neysa, I just love being in the garden minding my own business (plants.)

Greg

• chadec
    10 years ago

Awesome pics, but isnt it always spring over there?

• hijole
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Chadec thats funny because your right, we get a few days @ 28ð decrees and everyone thinks its freezing here, truth is its always Spring in Southern California or Summer.

Just checked out your "cabin fever shopping trip" 0n your post - A couple new agave. Cool looking catch you got there.

Greg

• bob61
    10 years ago

Very nice. I see how you spend your extra time. Great colors and well kept. Thanks for sharing.

Bob

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    10 years ago

Thanks Greg for the winter uplift. Feels good.

• kaktuskris
    10 years ago

Greg:

Indeed it is always Spring or Summer in your neck of the woods. You guys have it too easy out there!

I may live in the Arctic, but I'm a tropical guy at heart. And this horrific winter has sealed the deal, I'm moving south this year, come hell or high water. I would love to be surrounded outdoors by lovely plants like yours instead of a five foot mountain of snow outside my window, and the dull brown and grey of leafless trees.

Good job on your plants, all looking great.

Christopher

• hijole
    Original Author
    10 years ago

What a very glossy finish this Aeonium has and the Sunburst also looks brilliant standing next to the Black beauty.

Well we did get a little rain today and Im happy because just a day before I splashed some Miracle grow on some of my plants.

Greg

• sowngrow (8a)
    10 years ago

Oh nice! Makes me want to move to Cali.!