Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Adenium Issue

Posted by kaktuskris 6 NH (barharbor75@yahoo.com) on
Tue, Feb 5, 13 at 20:58

This Adenium obesum has been thriving lately, but just recently noticed some yellow areas on the leaves. Caudex is nice and firm, and leaves are as well. Any ideas? It actually looks quite pleasant, but wonder if it is detrimental to the health of the plant.

Christopher

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Adenium Issue

Christopher, use a magnifying glass and look at the underside of the leaves. You're looking for tiny spider mites. Also, if you haven't already, re-list this post on the Adenium forum.

o

Hi Christopher!!!

Your Adenium is looking pretty good for this time of the year. Most of mine have lost most of their leaves and i have reduced the water. Mine are in the sunroom and have a few leaves and are starting to bud now. I also have some under my T-5 lights that dont look as good as yours. I just received some from R from Taiwan and they came barerooted a few months ago. All are budding now and are starting to take off.

I would agree with bikerdoc and check for spider mites. If you don't see any, then i wouldn't worry to much. They will drop their leaves more so than normal this time of the year. Some varieties lose more than others.

Have you cut back on the amount of water duting the winter?

Come and check out the Adenium forum.. lots of great people there and great info too! We would love to see you there!! ;-)

Your Adenium is looking pretty good to me!!

Take care,

Laura

o

Christopher, whilst not trying to 'poach' you over to the other side (the Adenium forum), I too feel you ought to ask over there for possible answers to this problem. I hope you get some answers. It's a bit slow as most Adeniums are dormant at the moment...a bit like us I guess, but we will wake up soon.
Gill from the UK.

o

OK, folks, you convinced me, I posted this on the Adenium forum...

Laura, this Adenium is one of two I have that I grew from seed. The caudex was for the longest time a bit soft, but putting outside for the summer helped to firm it up, and it has been healthy ever since. The leaves have never completely fallen off, I water the same as I usually do, as it is always warm in the apartment, they never go dormant.

Christopher

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here