Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Who is the real Debbi?

Posted by pennyhal 11Sunset23 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 29, 12 at 21:07

I bought these two plants at two different places. They were both labeled Graptoveria "Debbi." But when I look at them, they look to me like two distinctly different leaf shapes. On the other hand, the differences may just be in how they had been grown. Are they the same plant? Here are some photos to help:

A side by side
Photobucket

The rounder looking leaves
Photobucket

The lanky looking leaves and maybe some cresting going on?
Photobucket

Penny

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Who is the real Debbi?

Penny, I see what you mean, they dont look like identicle twins even though they look related lets see who has the answer to this one.

Could just be the lighting they both had and one had some lava rock in the soil ?
I'll keep my eye out for the answer.

Greg

o

Penny,

If we're drawing conclusions from just leaf morphology, I'd say 'Debbie' is on the left. On the right is a plant I'd guess has some Pachyphytum in it, so that would eliminate it from contention.

o

I don't see any cresting going on, but I'd say, too, that the left looks more to me like the plant in question. Both quite pretty.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here