E.Cylindiafolia revisited

mrlike2u
11 years ago

A suggestion given was to re-pot in a 1/2 size pot

To right is the pot that housed my older E.Cylindrifolia:

{{gwi:498509}}

After pot removal a pen tip is used to show the top to bottom half:

{{gwi:498511}}

Half size the pot was suggested .... I'm thinking they may have they meant twice for the size

My thoughts and question are: Root flare E Cylindrifolia ? or just prune them and expose the newly developed caudex ..... Or just bury the entire exposed root area seen including the 1/2 way mark again in a deeper wider ?

{{gwi:498513}}

Showing the better cleanest side and exposed roots at two first fingers from base to branch in a 4 inch Terra

Pot base is also 7/8 ths. apx. inch in closeness of the lowest roots seen in 1st pic with demo pen..

Thanks ahead for feed back Ohh welcome back Charris

Comments (10)

• Laura Robichaud
    11 years ago

They have a bunch of those at a greenhouse nearby. I was wondering what they were. Very nice!

• mrlike2u
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Wonders what the greenhouse location is that your hiding from me ? (and it's name) I ask cause we are practically neighbors and I'm always on the look out for this type of unusual thing.

• Laura Robichaud
    11 years ago

Randall's Farm & Greenhouse in Ludlow. I'm actually going out there right now. Hmmm, maybe I'll pick one up.

• Laura Robichaud
    11 years ago

Ok, so I'm back and I bought what I thought was the same plant. Looking at it, not sure what I came home with...

• mrlike2u
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Amazing I think you set the new GW forum record for plant shopping . One hour and three plants with time to post the pics too.... Nice haul. If this one starts dropping leaves don't worry to much they've been in good heat and good light. It's a new environment in your home. I'm100 % uncertain for one ( Black prince ?) of the other two you got but use best care you can give until out side transitioning time.

This post was edited by mrlike2u on Wed, Feb 20, 13 at 23:47

• Laura Robichaud
    11 years ago

Wes, you'll have to help me give this guy good care. I almost didn't buy it, but thought I would kick myself if I didn't. It's not some run-of-the-mill succulent that you see every day. For $10.99, I don't think I could pass it by.

• mrlike2u
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It's nice to see the " more uncommon succulents" making more day views in the places where they can be somewhat hidden and still found.

Unlike the Desert rose that gets buried in the sands exposing only one branch but swells like crazy on the rocky shore line faces of Siam for Euphoria It's an even battle field for growing, you can grow a really nice Euphorbia in these areas just nice as some other peps can living in prime succulent growing areas. I think of it as, Madagascar plants have a-lot of time on there hands they're not in a hurry
    I'll have to break out my smaller E. saint to show yah for now let the soil be soft but fast draining....I'm leaning toward yours being an E.capsaint ( not to confirm 100%) You may want to use perlite over pumice this helps prevent pinching the form pinching from pumice can also leave a nice effect for it's caudex just not as plump.

This post was edited by mrlike2u on Thu, Feb 21, 13 at 12:10

• marguerite_gw Zone 9a
    11 years ago

What does the E stand for, please?

• mrlike2u
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It's short hand for a particular plant genus being talked about, in this case E. stands for Euphorbia

This post was edited by mrlike2u on Fri, Feb 22, 13 at 21:01

• marguerite_gw Zone 9a
    11 years ago

Thanks, mrlike2u, I was just wondering what type plant it was, usually posts give the full name at first and I'm not familiar with that kind of succulent.