Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Field Trip: San Diego Cactus and Succulent Society Winter Show

Posted by Reggieee 10 SoCal (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 19, 14 at 23:08

It's time for a field trip everyone! Some of you need to warm up this winter so how about going to the lovely warm San Diego!

I have been sitting on these for a long time now trying to label them all but----whoeee to that. It's been taking me way toooo looooong. So you will get it as it is. Ha.

Here are some to wet your whistle.

Euphorbia decaryi
Euphorbia decaryi

Haworthia truncata
Untitled

Untitled

Lachenalia hybrid
Lachenalia hybrid

Untitled

So which ones did you like best after checking them all out over at flickr?? (get the html code on flickr and post the shot here) Curious to know!

Enjoy!!! And feel the warmth.

Flickr set link to view them all! (and link below)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/reggie1/sets/72157640752642784/

Here is a link that might be useful: Tons more shots of the show on flickr!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Field Trip: San Diego Cactus and Succulent Society Winter Sho

Thanks for the show.

I like your pile of turbans in a square pot.

Sure wish I knew the names of more succulents.

tj

P.S. The dogs are lookin' cool as well.

Here is a link that might be useful: This one-Euphorbia obesa

o

Wow! Great shots! Thanks for sharing. I'm sure everyone wishes they could make that show. I'd have to leave my money at home, I'm afraid, or come back with the whole show.

o

OooEee, Thanks for the virtual show, Regina! Sorry I missed it!

I have to remember to get more individual shots next time (like I used to do), because yours look FABULOUS! Nice lighting, everything looks great! Thanks for naming so many. I know how overwhelming processing pix can be.

The SIZE on some of these specimens is AMAZING! I always love Kelly Griffin's Aloe hybrids. I'm guessing none of Jordi's plants were in the show, since he was a judge this time.

I have one of those Lachenalia ~but mine does not look as good as that one! :P

Echeverias are a fave of mine. This one looks particularly good: (maybe 'Ebony') --oops, tried to put pic within post, GW giving weird message, won't let me.

Like all the Haworthia. Love anything variegated~ H. limifolia above is terrific!

Thanks for sharing your pix!
Like the Kalanchoe synsepala too.

o

Thanks tj, hanzrobo, and roro! It was a gorgeous day to spend in San Diego. Wish you all were there to share it with but alas pictures will have to do this time.

Hanz...one of these days we will get you to a show. I think you would have a blast AND be broke, yes. The Central Coast Show is coming up in San Luis Obispo. Perhpaps?

Roro - Jordy did have some entries even though he helped judged. I think that he just excludes himself from those classes for the judging time. Kelly Griffin was the main judge for the show. It was fun listening to the thought process of the judges. They were carrying around a mic to talk to the crowd as they judged. Yes, the size of some of the specimens were astounding!

Are these the ones you were thinking of? Yes...

Echeveria 'Ebony'
Untitled

Untitled

o

Yes! Those are them! Love 'em!

Aha, on Jordi's entries.

I don't think I've ever been there when they judged. I wasn't' aware they talked about it, unless this is a new thing.

Jeff is at Ryan's right now. I imagine they are having a ton of succulent fun! Yes, we'll have to get Ryan to a show!

o

Those pictures made my day. So kind of you to share them on this Forum .
Pat

o

Thank you so much for sharing these!

o

• Posted by teatree zone 8b/Oregon (My Page) on
    Fri, Feb 21, 14 at 15:18

Gorgeous. Thank you (and everyone) so much for taking pictures at these shows.

o

What a show indeed beautiful plants thanks for taking us along for the Field tríp.

Greg

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Sat, Feb 22, 14 at 18:46

I was there listening to Kelly as well. Too bad I didn't get to meet you.

Didn't see this one on your flickr, so here's my photo. I loved the Aloe pearsonii. If only I could find one to buy!
Aloe pearsonii? photo 2-8-3426_zpsfedc5cbf.jpg

This post was edited by hoovb on Sat, Feb 22, 14 at 18:50

o

thanks so much for sharing ..............I was drooling over some of those plants. And the amazing pots some people use.............wow.............is all I can say!!!!!

Neysa in Cali

o

Thanks for sharing the field trip virtually with me everyone. So glad that you liked it. If you have never been to a cactus and succulent society show and sale, I would encourage you to check it out in your local area. You will see some incredible plants and be inspired....oh, the people are ok too. haha

hoovb - I saw that one too. Such a nice plant that was!

And voted by me as the one I would most like to take home.....

Wowsa!
Untitled

o

I love the third one down! Love it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here