Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where one might go...

Posted by teatree zone 8b (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 23, 12 at 23:30

I may seek the advice of the Bromeliad peeps, but I was wondering, as I trust you all and I never post over there, if anyone has had positive experience with any particular online venues/growers selling Dyckia (within the U.S.)? Just on the perpetual lookout for D. marnier-lapostollei and others, and bookmarking options. Anyone order anywhere, or just stick to the luck of the find?

Adding unrelated plant joy of the day,

Colleen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where one might go...

Beautiful Colleen.

o

Oooohhhhh... Plant joy, indeed!

o

Hi Colleen,

I've had very good luck with Yuccado and Tropiflora.

Denise

o

Colleen, if you're going to tease us with Haw's, the least you could do is supply some names for those among us that are brain-dead.....

Howard AKA Doc

o

Well, Howard, I don't have all IDed, but I'm sorry about that (my laziness!!). First is ID-less, second was labeled H. retusa and I think it's more along the lines of Haworthia turgida, third is a crazy-pupping H. cymbiformis hybrid that I wish I could nail down, fourth is H. cooperi var. truncata, then H. pygmaea, and H. venosa subsp. tessellata. I never feel like I have that many Haws, and yet the tables are filling up pretty well...

I think they're pretty and joyful too.

Denise, thank you for the recommendations!

o

Oooohhh such great photos with the sunlight on them! No need for flowers. They'd make great centerpieces for a dinner table as is.

o

Very nice plants... and photography to boot...

Don't shy from the Broms folks and go ahead and post it there as well. The only problem is it has been slow there lately.

tj

o

Thanks, guys! The light has worked the past couple days. And definitely no need for flowers! The translucency has it all.

H. cooperi var. truncata

H. turgida var. suberecta

H. cooperi var. cooperi (still my favorite!)

C

o

Great shots of these windows, Colleen! Love to see them all!

o

Colleen, they looked good enough to eat....
thank you for sharing.
Marie

o

Colleen, nice looking plants I've never had this type of plants but they are luscious looking just ad a litle salad dressing and your good, emm, emm, emmmm.....

Greg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here