Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Succulent repot time!

Posted by bsmith717 6 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 22, 13 at 0:35

I got all of these plants over a year ago and all were just a single petal/leaf that I grew them out from.

I know the darker green guy is some sort of Jade I think but I have no idea what the pretty rose like plant is nor the spikey light green guys.

Any help on Id's would be great!

Here we go many months ago.
 photo IMG_8415.jpg

photo IMG_7575.jpg

This is tonight.

photo IMG_3949_zpseae90dc7.jpg

photo ae072ce1-68ce-4877-ab90-d4f7cbf8d27f_zps5e475436.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Succulent repot time!

The few that have grown considerably do look like Crassula ovata (Jade).

Can't see the spiky one well enough to say.

The pink rosette is Echeveria 'Perle von Nurnberg'.

o

Ask and you shall receive!

photo IMG_3978_zpsc112695c.jpg

photo IMG_3979_zps2c83ece4.jpg

photo IMG_3980_zps3be92895.jpg

And thank you for your earlier ID's!

o

Thanks for more pix! Actually, I thought you wanted an ID on the spiky cactus! =)

This one looks like xPachyveria glauca & could be named 'Little Jewel', but maybe not. Either way, it has Pachyphytum in it.

o

Maybe I'm just confused or maybe your being funny, I'm not 100%

The extra pix are of the spikey one. At least when compared to the other plants in this pot at least.

o

Not trying to be funny, but thanks for thinking that as an option. =)

There is (what looks like) a cactus in your 1st & 2nd pic. When you said "spiky", I thought of that one. I couldn't see it clearly. But then, you provided other pix of the other plant...so it became clear which spiky one you meant. :D Clear now?

o

The largest could possible be Fred Ives, they are very close in appearance, I don't know for sure, Rose Marie I just wanted to run thie by you? Norma

o

The leaf shape doesn't look right for G. 'Fred Ives,' but that's just my call. Looks like possibly E. 'Perle Von Nurnberg' to me.

o

I forgot about those thimble cactus in the first two pix! Whoops.

o

Norma, no need to run it by me, as I already said I believe it is Echeveria 'Perle von Nurnberg'. As Colleen pointed out, xGraptoveria 'Fred Ives' would have different shaped leaves...but...the coloring is similar.

Yes, bsmith, the thimble cactus was what I thought you meant.

~Rosemarie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here