Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stush Sans question

Posted by ilovetogrow 8/9 Jax FL (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 11, 12 at 5:03

Paula,
I noticed in your picturs a pot full of silver Sansevieria. Is it by chance 'Moonglow' or Moonshine'. I would like more infor on these. Do they turn back to green when the leaf ages?
Stush

I have no idea the name of that sans. I got it from either HD or my beloved Lowe's. Fast grower almost aggressive. Loved full Florida sun.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stush Sans question

Paula,
Thanks for the quick responce. It does look like 'Moonshine'. A Futura type growing habit. How old is it? And I do like it. Every picture of 'Moonshine' I have found shows no green reverting with age. It is on my spring list.
Stush

o

Hey, guys!

In my experience, "Moonshine" doesn't revert with age. It will darken up in dimmer light. The less light it gets, the darker it gets, so keep it in as bright a spot as possible to keep that beautiful silvery-green glow!

Nancy

o

Ilovetogrow, nice sans. Picture, I think I have one like that, and was asking for I.D help on the sanseveria plants thread and I think it was narrowed down to sans seafoam or moonshine, if you don't mind can you take a trip to the sans page and check out a picture I posted under " seafoam sans. Thanks in advance.
If it is what are growing conditions?

Greg

o

I've grown this on for awhile as Moonshine. It is a fast grower and i've given at lot of it to friends. Like most sans. it grows in all kinds of light conditions. And as brody said it will green up in low light conditions.

o

Greg,
There are a lot of different ones out there. I don't think yours is Moonshine. It has Futrua growing habits. Which means shorter fatter leaves. Yours look like a taller slimmer growing kind. But nobody can positively ID one with just a picture. Time will tell how it grows.

o

Stush, got it, now that you mentioned it I have seen some that look like mine only a dwarf type, thanks again ,

Greg

o

Hi sorry for the delay but I was having computer problems.
Greg your sans is different than mine as mine is short and stout and yours is tall. I would have to agree with Laura1 that this sans is Moonshine. Greened up in the house all winter and is now fading outside again. It is not a dark green almost a lime color. Have a great day all, Paula

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here