Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
goddess9_gw

My Aeonium 'Sunburst' looks awful!

goddess9
12 years ago

For the record, I keep this plant indoors a 2 feet away from a west facing window, which is all I have to offer the plant unless it wants my north-facing bathroom window.

I bought this plant on Sunday. I took off any dead leaves, gave it some water since it was bone dry under the rocks and left it alone. Since then, it has looked even worse! I looked at the root ball Tuesday and decided I was going to replace the soil. I loosened the soil from the roots, ran the roots under some warm water to get the rest off and repotted it. It needed some rocks on top of the soil again to anchor the stem. I watered it until it drained and told myself I would just let it dry out.

It just doesn't look like it liked what I did to it. More leaves are drying out and one side of it won't have any leaves if I took off the dying growth. What am I doing wrong? I don't see any bugs and the window doesn't get excessive amounts of light - there's a building in front of me. No really hot sun since it's been really dreary here in Philadelphia.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Cellko Construction Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Licensed General Contractor Serving Loudoun County