Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
purpleinopp

BBS's, & are succulents gaining popularity?

Please, no inappropriate "hot topic" debate of the ethics (or quality) of plants at BBS's... and yes, I got everything the "real garden center" had that I like, and visit often to repeat this action.

I would have never noticed before whether WM had these in previous years or not, recently discovered I DO like green eggs'n'ham succulents, and am going to make some mini gardens with them.

I do know that the one mom'n'pop garden center near enough to visit has changed their display since January to give the mini garden/tiny plants section more prominence. The plants there are cycling through faster than I can visit, but it's always inclusive of many succulents.

Monday the WM in Geneva, AL had a TON of tiny succulents, some labeled with species, some generically labeled. $2.50-$4. They were still unloading the other stuff from the truck and the little trays on display already had many plants missing, other people looking at them. Is that a new thing, or status quo for WM?

More at the garden center, more at the BBS's, but very few of either to visit in my area, and have not been in the south very long. Could also be a regional thing (vs. OH.)

What have you seen out there shopping?
Do you think more people are getting into succulents?

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz