Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beachplants

Baby boy

Beachplants
11 years ago

Hi guys, this is not really a plant, but a future plant lover, hopefully. Our little boy is now 25 weeks old and we saw him yesterday again. Now doc wanted to wake the little man or irritate him to move the hand, so we could see the face, he on the other hand was sleeping and this is what we got - a yawn!

Video below!

Enjoy! R

Here is a link that might be useful: baby

Comments (15)

• reggie
    11 years ago

Amazing video. Congratulations!! :-)

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5
    11 years ago

R,

Very pleased for Mrs. and you. Yessir, that's your baby....

You should know that, as this is your first (and may not know this), their little hands can reach weeds our larger ones cannot.

• Beachplants
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hehe, More worried about my wife saying that she know precisely where to send him, if I make her angry! I am going to have to be very very good from about 1y from now!!

Thanks Reggie!

• seedmoney
    11 years ago

Beach,
    Are those the cactus sunglasses we're seeing? ;-)

• ssk22 Ohio 5b
    11 years ago

Rian,
    That's so cute.Wont be long now. Good luck!!!

Sharon

• hanzrobo
    11 years ago

What a great way to start my morning! I'm so happy for you and your new family, Rian.
    You know, I've raised (am raising) 2 kids around plants and you'd be surprised at how well they can behave after the first few mistakes. My 2nd girl started walking at 10 months and is now 18 months. She's great at IDing plants... She points to a plant and says,"Plant!", and she's always right. Well, she's really only knocked over a few plants and hoisted a few plants out of their pots. She must really like Pachyphytum oviferum because she's removed the same plant from its pot 4 or 5 times, but that's been about the worst of it; that, and she's also a rock thief. OTOH, I have girls... and us boys know how boys can be. On second thought, you may want to invest in some baby gates.

• rosemariero
    11 years ago

What a great pic of your lil succulent to come along soon, Ryan! I love modern technology...just amazing!

Hee hee hee, at everyone's comments! Laughing at your story, Ryan (hanzrobo). Best to teach them as they grow.

• Beachplants
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Yes indeed, he has his hands before the eyes, loves the position, there is another clip where he starts suckling, they do this also very early.

Ryan, the gates will be a yes, and a few other barricades. I grew up spending near 2 months in the Karoo every year and I did not ever sit still, also one of the reasons I love succulents, so if the little man has some of those genes, I will have to be awake. My dream and aim is to give him a little of that as he grows, because to experience nature like that with no-one in sight for many a mile, is something that gets right into your soul and it will remain part of you forever.

It is so quiet, your ears zing for a day or 2, until they get used to it, and I do have to get into those types of places at least once a year, recharge a bit.

Thanks for the nice comments, I am having a great time watching my wife, she looks wonderful and all is going so well with them. Nice to share with you!

• 123Greta
    11 years ago

So happy for you! :)

• hanzrobo
    11 years ago

I definitely agree with you on communing with nature. My dad always took me camping a few times/year and hiking was a regular. We try to get our family out to the great expanses at least that often, even if only for a day.

• Beachplants
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Greta & Ryan

• notolover
    11 years ago

Wow, I can't believe the detail in that video, bet you can't wait to "meet" that beautiful bundle of joy!

• Beachplants
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, Yeah, he is going to make a huge difference in our lives, but we are ready and eagerly waiting to see what he is going to be up to in the future.

• wweidele
    11 years ago

Congrats

• Beachplants
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks