mrlike2u

In flowering

mrlike2u
11 years ago

If you can ID it too it would be even better

Comments (10)

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5
    11 years ago

If we're to guess the plant, I guess Euphorbia. Beyond that is a vast unknown.

A pic of the plant would help.

• Beachplants
    11 years ago

I would go with all Jeff said - looks like interesting plant from the bit we can see.

• mrlike2u
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Your close Jeff but it's not vast unknown known because I'm not the only person on GW that has this one.

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5
    11 years ago

A localized unknown then, admittedly in the RSA and here, Wes.

I like Euphorbias more than I used to, but I'm still not growing any succulent ones. I know, it's a character defect I'm in the process of recalling.

• pirate_girl
    11 years ago

Charming bracts & lovely shot. Could we pls. see pix of the whole plant? Couldn't that help in IDing it?

Who knew I'd end up w/multiple milii variants, along w/ E decaryi, E francoisii? Sometimes they have a way of sneaking up on ya. I've even started a hydro E. milii.

• mrlike2u
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I know, it's a character defect I'm in the process of recalling.
    Saying things like this makes you who you are Jeff you help make me grin and then a small laugh.
    Could we pls. see pix of the whole plant? Couldn't that help in IDing it?
    Two part question part one... In time you may that's what is meant by it will be better Part two response .... I already knows what it is.This particular one would of sneaked up on me about 6 years ago

Just in case for your hydo milli is very capable to hydro start but if not out in a manner it develops one funky resemblance of a question mark shape. The wave to slight Q mark lean might be something you desire. I think you might enjoy the wave effect as well.
    No wave E. Milli in this pic :

• TT, zone 5b MA
    11 years ago

Francoisii?

• mrlike2u
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Right you are E. Francoisii var. Francosii.

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    11 years ago

Oh my goodness, what an odd and cool looking plant. Looks very very old. Is it prickly or are those aerial roots? I wish your profile had some info about your location. Realizing you have a varied and interesting collection of quite a few plants.

• mrlike2u
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The non prickly not really aerial roots you see have part in protecting the collected moisture inside the trunk and it's branches.
    They could send moisture into the plant at times but they also hold some form of moisture for the insects to feed on before chomping to far into it's skin, these plants are toxic the insect will get away if it stops at the hairs but isn't going to win.
    I agree the odd/cool appearance is a factor that attracts me to the varied and interesting on certain days yet I also pick up other things just to gain some form of grow it challenges.

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm