Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stush49

Come look at my Hoodia

My order from Miles to Go just came in today. My what large Hoodia they sent me. Along with their Huernia cousins'. They where every thing I expected of them. A large version of Huernia but with flowers much larger than all their friends.
Stush

Comments (5)

• TheGumbieCat
    10 years ago

the roots on those guys are amazing.

• hijole
    10 years ago

Stush, I see the Cost going through the roof for you this year at an all time Record high! But then that's what we do, we collect & collect and collect somemore and we just can't seem to get enough.

You know something funny Stush, I was at a business meeting the other day and I noticed some plants in the office and I mentioned to some other guy's, I said, Boy those sure are some Nice looking Plants they have here, Then I started laughing & thinking, Boy!!! you know your getting old when you sound like thattalking about plants Lol...

What is it with these Cacti & Succulents that their SOOOO addictive? Does anyone ever get over this :/

You just keep on going collecting my friend, I am :) And OH YES the roots do look good ;)

Greg

• bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI
    10 years ago

Nice stuff, Stan. What is the plant upper left; the tag is turned. I have ordered from Miles many times and always been impressed.

Howard

• paul_
    10 years ago

Some very impressive plants and roots, indeed! Perhaps your H. gordonii will soon look like the one I linked to below.

You'll have to obtain a Hoodia officinalis so I can admire your pics of its flowers when it blooms. heh

Love the mottling on the Duvalia sulcata!

Here is a link that might be useful: Hoodia gordonii

• Stush2049 Pitts. PA, zone 6
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Paul,
    I hope not. It must smell like dead fish laying around. I think the cops will come around and look for bodies. wantonamara = Mara Has some nice plants. I am hoping to get like hers.
    Where do I find 'officinalis'. I have 'juttae' and seeds for 'ruschi' (nice large red flowers) on their way.
    Howard,
    Yes I saw that mistack. It is Huernia somalica hybrids which has a yellow flower like the one I lost from you. Can't be sure untill thay actually flower. I really am impressed with how many limbs/arms on each plant. If I want to, I could split them up for more plants. I would not do it untill they get bigger and don't want to delay flowering.
    Greg,
    That order was only $35.50 complete. I have seen Hoodia plants going for douple that alone.