Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wantonamara

I am out of control

I have been on a binge when I should be working my @ss off. I can't leave home without stoping at a nursery. My car is full of 15 gal. of Decomposed granite, 4C' of perlite, 3 pots, 5 tiny suculent. and one sizable Aloe heroensis. I imagine I will havee to pay some acts of contrition over this. Click image to "embiggen" the image.

from (left): E. chroma, E. minima , E azulita, E puldonis,, Crassula mesembryanthemopsis (that's a mouthful)

{{gwi:512022}}

Now , I am having a issue with the ID on this Aloe heroensis. I thought it was a A. karasbergensis, which is on my short list. Granted I had left my glasses in the car and when I checked the name it was about the right length and had a fuzzy "ensis"on its end. IT looked like it said what I thought but when I got home and read it with my glasses on , it said Aloe hereoensis. I have looked around and the descriptiobns all mention dense small SHARP teeth on the margins on the A. hereoensis , not the marginal blade that it has, which is a very Aloe striata characteristic. Aloe Karasbergensis used to be considered a subspecies of Aloe striata. I love this aloe anyway but I would like to know its name. What do you think? Are my fuzzy nearsighted instincts rightIt is HUGE.

{{gwi:512024}}

This gives you an idea of its size

{{gwi:512026}}

Comments (4)

• rosemariero
    11 years ago

Woowheeee...what fun! Eye see you (stepping? stone) is WATCHING!!

Yes, I vote A. karasbergensis!

Nice haul! Hey, I like that word "embiggen"!

• klyde
    11 years ago

I've just finished unloading my trunk.

Same situation LOL.

I hear the first step is admitting you have a problem...which you have done. Normally I would say the next step is to do something about it.

Ya wanna go shopping together?

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    Original Author
    11 years ago

EYE was given to me as a trivet but I live mostly outside. My husband told me of that new computer culture word for making images larger.

I can't wait for it to get its winter blush.That is three for A. karasbergensis. I got another affirmation from another site. The nursery that I got it from is infamous for mis ID ing their stock. I think it comes in withiut names and they have to make something up. I have gotten great aloes with wrong names attached to them. I am always lecturing them about the impurities of their Aloe striata provider. They have a great hybrid strata with small thorns on the margins instead of the blade.

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Klyde, I turn it all over to my HP and he said BUY IT! I heard it clearly.