Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I am out of control

Posted by wantonamara 8bTx (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 5, 13 at 16:23

I have been on a binge when I should be working my @ss off. I can't leave home without stoping at a nursery. My car is full of 15 gal. of Decomposed granite, 4C' of perlite, 3 pots, 5 tiny suculent. and one sizable Aloe heroensis. I imagine I will havee to pay some acts of contrition over this. Click image to "embiggen" the image.

from (left): E. chroma, E. minima , E azulita, E puldonis,, Crassula mesembryanthemopsis (that's a mouthful)

Assorted Succulent purchase

Now , I am having a issue with the ID on this Aloe heroensis. I thought it was a A. karasbergensis, which is on my short list. Granted I had left my glasses in the car and when I checked the name it was about the right length and had a fuzzy "ensis"on its end. IT looked like it said what I thought but when I got home and read it with my glasses on , it said Aloe hereoensis. I have looked around and the descriptiobns all mention dense small SHARP teeth on the margins on the A. hereoensis , not the marginal blade that it has, which is a very Aloe striata characteristic. Aloe Karasbergensis used to be considered a subspecies of Aloe striata. I love this aloe anyway but I would like to know its name. What do you think? Are my fuzzy nearsighted instincts rightIt is HUGE.

Aloe hereoensis

This gives you an idea of its size

Aloe hereoensis or A. karasbergensis?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I am out of control

Woowheeee...what fun! Eye see you (stepping? stone) is WATCHING!!

Yes, I vote A. karasbergensis!

Nice haul! Hey, I like that word "embiggen"!

o

I've just finished unloading my trunk.

Same situation LOL.

I hear the first step is admitting you have a problem...which you have done. Normally I would say the next step is to do something about it.

Ya wanna go shopping together?

o

EYE was given to me as a trivet but I live mostly outside. My husband told me of that new computer culture word for making images larger.

I can't wait for it to get its winter blush.That is three for A. karasbergensis. I got another affirmation from another site. The nursery that I got it from is infamous for mis ID ing their stock. I think it comes in withiut names and they have to make something up. I have gotten great aloes with wrong names attached to them. I am always lecturing them about the impurities of their Aloe striata provider. They have a great hybrid strata with small thorns on the margins instead of the blade.

o

Klyde, I turn it all over to my HP and he said BUY IT! I heard it clearly.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here