Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bikerdoc5968

The Face Returns, Pg2

Well, it looks like we've filled the first page.... popular topic.... not that I can figure out why anyone in their right mind would want to see my mug shot, let alone allow it to be associated with this website....LOL

Yes, Rosemarie it was you.... all the way from California and the horses and the dogs and well, I'll stop there before I really get in trouble with the C&S police! (-:

Comments (46)

• rosemariero6
    12 years ago

It used to be 100 posts, so now we know it's 150! I wonder how long before we won't be able to find it in the archives?

We are all happy to see you, Howard!

Okay everyone who has been shy...no excuse now...let's see your mugshot!

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5
    12 years ago

Priming the pump, as it were, to get those folks who haven't appeared yet out of their burrows and into the light.
    {{gwi:512100}}
    The answer is, of course, yes. Made especially by OooJen Creations it is, I believe, one of a kind.

• hijole
    12 years ago

Was just about to say that this new thread was starting out looking like it was the "No face returned, but I see it just got primed, So lets PUMP IT UP!!!

Nice shirt Jeff, do they have, Got Succulenteeses?

Greg

• dellis530
    12 years ago

Oh I remember Ooojen, what ever happened to her?

Denise

• rosemariero6
    12 years ago

Nice priming, Jeff! :D I didn't know Jen made that for you! Great!
    Penny, Sharon, John (growforit),Geoff...who else is missing? Come on, guys! Lurkers, stand & be counted..er, post yer mug & BE SEEN!

Denise, I don't see Jen posting on any forum these days, but I recently reconnected with her on Facebook. Actually got to see her mugshot for 1st time after all these years!

12 years ago

RoRo,

Tell her we miss her.

12 years ago

Brad and X, too - must not forget the royals, you know.

• rosemariero6
    12 years ago

I left her a message for you, Jeff.

Oh, yes, Brad & X. I have them on the username list...should've checked it for those missing. Brad can always put his Aloe polyphllya eyes mugshot up! LOL I think Sharon is missing too, marquest/Audrey...goddess9/Lauren, teenagegreenthumb, andrewofthelemon, whip1/Rob, meyermike, hoovb, ChemGardner, Jade man, FlowerPotTipper...and the rest of you!

• pirate_girl
    12 years ago

Cool T-shirt Jeff (could ya guess I'd really like the outer shirt as well?). Is that recent or back from older days? Looks like the SD set-up to me. I miss Oojenn too (thought she went to that other C&S place, TGF).

Hey Rosemarie (RoRo),

Nice to (finally) see you too, forgot to say those shades you wore were a good laugh!

Missing from here is Denise from Omaha (tho' she doesn't seem to post much here anymore, she's still posting at Hoya Forum).

Yes, to Para & Z, don't believe I've seen either of those guys. Speaking of Forum Royalty, what about Al (Tapla)? Has anybody ever seen his pic?

• ssk22 Ohio 5b
    12 years ago

Rosemarie ,
    I am on a iPad,have no idea how to do a photo.
    Sharon

• jeepman69
    12 years ago

Been lurking for the last couple of months, guess it is time to start to socialize. Glenn

{{gwi:512103}}

• rosemariero6
    12 years ago

Hey Karen! (PG) OooJen had gone to TGF, but dropped out of sight 2 yrs. ago. Just in past several months I found her (or she found me, I'm not sure which) on Facebook. We got quite a few chuckles out of those cactus sunglasses! Be watching for a new post about them soon. :)

I hadn't seen Denise from O. arond on this forum for quite some time. Forgot to put Al down on the MIA list. Brad has been around, but haven't seen X for a while.

Sharon, I have no experience with an iPad, but imagine it's like my Kindle Fire. You can't upload pix to it? Can't take pix with it? Is that right? Have you ever posted pix here? Do you have digital photos you can email? If so, I can help you (send me an email from my member page).

Glenn!! Did you MAKE THAT wonderful creation??!! WOW..I mean, Hijole! (Wow) I love carved fruits & veggies! What a work of art! Nice way to come out of lurking!! I saw your other post about grit & vinegar & stuff. Nice to see you. I'm guessing you're a chef?

So far we have TWO pix of peeps out of 13 responses (I think). We want more PHOTOS! :P

• pirate_girl
    12 years ago

Pardon my earlier typo, I meant Para & X, not Z.

Hi Glenn,

What a wonderfully sculpted watermelon you got there, great entrance, nice to meet ya!

• hijole
    12 years ago

Glenn, such an amazing talent, and all the details that you put into that work, Rosemarie said it correctly, hijole !!! Which means holy cow! I mean wow! Seriously though what an intro, welcome , and please post some of your other carvings if you don't mind, its like going to Ripply's believe it or not.

Greg

12 years ago

Karen,

Yes, that's back in That Day. This Day involves jackets and scarves now.

Glen,

Nice to see you here - karpoozi is Greek for watermelon (showing off my enormously modest knowledge of it).

RoRo,

Thank you for reaching out to her - she's probably been busy working on her house and raising the roof on the 3-story potting shed / greenhouse she's planning.

• paracelsus
    12 years ago

Tell Jen I miss her too :-(

Here is infamous polyphyllic vision self-portrait. Don't look too long, or you may go mad too :-)

{{gwi:512106}}

• rosemariero6
    12 years ago

Ha ha...THERE's the Brad we know & love!! Looook into my eyes!! LOL

I told Jen everyone's messages & she said she'll try to pop in. She wishes the potting/shed greenhouse were in the works, but she's still working on the house!

• drdug
    12 years ago

Hi all, I read a lot but usually don't post. Here I am with some of my babies....
    {{gwi:512109}}

Doug

• rosemariero6
    12 years ago

Good to SEE you Doug! Thanks for coming out of lurk mode! I see you've posted one of your beauties too. :) Nice group of pokeys you have there. Those long-handled tweezers come in handy, don't they?!! Did you see me at the SDCSS show? Just kidding!

• drdug
    12 years ago

My wife saw you at the SDCSS show. I was too busy buying plants-but yes I am a member.

12 years ago

Doug,

I'm making preliminary plans to be at the May meeting - I hope to see you there.

RoRo,

Do you feel up to a roadtrip to visit someone's nursery / greenhouse? Personally, I think we've got to dogpile Juergen.

• drdug
    12 years ago

I hope to be at the May meeting, but it is too early yet to know for sure. As for Juergen's, that sounds great-the SDCSS had a field trip there this last Saturday. Unfortunately, I could not make it. Hope to see you soon, Doug

• rosemariero6
    12 years ago

Ha ha... did your wife see me because of the cactus glasses? =D I was either busy buying or snapping plants!

A road trip to visit Juergen would be great , Jeff! I will go to the May meeting if I'm able. Please remind me!

• rosemariero6
    11 years ago

Bringing this back up to see if others want to be included in these mugshots! If you didn't see the start of it, go to the link below for the first thread. We can go to 150 responses. It's a nice way to get to know others on the forum (putting a face to a name). =)

Here is a link that might be useful: The Face Returns

• jade_man
    11 years ago

i meant to do this a while ago.

it was good to see all of you.

my sister in law got married a couple of months ago so i actually have a photo of myself (not a frequent thing) and also in a suit (an even less frequent occurrence). its like the stars and moon aligned, must have been meant to be. lol

Doug

{{gwi:512111}}

• Marie Tran
    11 years ago

Doug, you should take more picture of yourself. You are very handsome......
    As for me...I don't have anything expensive in my closet, but a good camera for my plants and my family pictures.
    Marie

• goddess9
    11 years ago

Here I am with the love of my life:

{{gwi:512113}}

It's nice to (see) all of you!

Lauren

• pirate_girl
    11 years ago

Hi Gang,

Don't think I posted my Face to this Group yet. This is from the Brooklyn Botanic Garden, Spring '09, when I first received my digital camera. I'm laughing here 'cause I'd just coraled some perfect stranger to snap a shot of me under these Cherry Blooms.

If you're ever in Brooklyn during Spring, their Sakura Festival (Cherry Blossoms) is fabulous! Exhibiting many different varieties of Cherries, some white, some pink, some weeping, some less common (like Sand Cherries, w/ maroon bark & small white blooms, really lovely).

{{gwi:483848}}

(PG) Karen

• Microthrix
    11 years ago

Heres me with my favorite astrophytum! He has quite the future! Am i the youngest person here? Im 14
    {{gwi:512116}}

• rosemariero6
    11 years ago

Another Doug! Good to see you, Jade man! I know that thing of rare occurrences!

Lauren, nice to see you with the love of your life! =)

Karen, yes, you posted of the 1st thread of Faces, but good to see you again too!

Zeck (is that right?), good to see a YOUNG forum member. If you're not THEE youngest, you're definitely ONE of the Youngest! Two other teenagers here are Andrewofthelemon & teenagegreenthumb/Kayla.

Thanks for posting your mugshots. I, for one, like to know who I'm talking to (visual in the head while writing).

• jade_man
    11 years ago

why thank you!

Doug

• Microthrix
    11 years ago

Hey jeff you kinda look like nicolas cage lol

• Brandon Smith
    11 years ago

Here is my little love Ella Jane as we ready for departure.

{{gwi:512118}}

And here I am in a wonderful jacket I discovered at a thrift shop waiting for the train while visiting Chicago.

{{gwi:512121}}

• bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Brandon, nice to finally meet you "face to face". I couldn't find the original thread where all of this began... maybe too old and vanished into cyberspace! Maybe if Rosemarie see this, she might be able to reserect it.

• Brandon Smith
    11 years ago

I was going to say, I still haven't see the first 150 posts which include your pics I assume Howard?

Hopefully Rosemarie does see this and would be so kind as to post a link to pt.1.

• kathi_mdgd
    10 years ago

Here I am a couple years ago,after my hair grew back in.
    Kathi

{{gwi:483895}}

• rosemariero
    10 years ago

The link is in one of my responses above on April 19, 12, called The Face Returns.

• bikerdoc5968 Z6 SE MI
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Rosemarie.... If I'd only had looked closer!

• Brandon Smith
    10 years ago

So I just finished going through the original face thread. Seems some of the more prolific posters still haven't released their mug shots (fair enough but come on!).

• Brandon Smith
    10 years ago

Oh and Howard your shot reminded me of a succulent gardening Wilson. Remember the show Home improvement with Tim Allen?

• rosemariero
    10 years ago

Nice to see you bsmith...and again, Kathi!

Yes,we have many shy folks here. And lots who participated before, who have dropped off the forums.

I was surprised I couldn't find the first post by using the Search method. Just barely remembered linking to it in this thread. Lucky my brain was firing on a few pins for the moment! LOL Some of the alphabet threads are like that as well. Go figure!

Oh...and bsmith, you are SO RIGHT about Howard seeming like Wilson (over the fence-always behind something or other) on Tim the toolman's show!! Arr, arr...Hee hee!

Linked again, below (to make it easier), the 1st thread. I see a half dozen of the posters who are still around, on that one.

Here is a link that might be useful: 1st go round of The Face Returns

• Grantgarden2 Zone 5a/b
    10 years ago

This is me! The only guy in the picture! I am 15 almost 16 the second teenager in this post that I know of! I am just started loving jade plants! And other cactus, but my first love is houseplants. I hope there is more teenagers like my self show up on here.
    [IMG]http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b622/Grantgarden2/homecoming2_zps62c01440.jpg[/IMG]

• Grantgarden2 Zone 5a/b
    10 years ago

Or this?{{gwi:512124}}

• Grantgarden2 Zone 5a/b
    10 years ago

IT WORKS!! AHHHHH for a long time i couldn't figure it out how to add pics without the links!

• rosemariero
    10 years ago

Nice to see you, Grant (?)...surrounded by a bevy of beauties for Homecoming!! Woohoo! Glad you figured out the pic upload. Nice to have another young person join the succulent world here.

• Grantgarden2 Zone 5a/b
    10 years ago

Thanks so much Rose my name is Grant, you hit the nail this was a homecoming picture!

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner