Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ethnoguy85

Anyone else growing Trichocereus?

ethnoguy85
11 years ago

A pic of my T. scopulicola X T. pachanoi seedlings. Seed sourced from Sacred Succulents. First cacti I've ever grown from seed. Planted 10-24-2012 any advice on when to transplant? Anyone else got Tricho's you wanna post pics of?

Comments (22)

• ethnoguy85
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I don't know why my pics are sideways.... Anyway these are T. peruvianus Bk 08612.9 also from SS. Planted same time as the scop x pach. Growing a little slower but starting to bulk up.

• ChasingCenturies (Arizona 9b)
    11 years ago

Here we go.

• mrlike2u
    11 years ago

You can also flip the flip phone lol

• ethnoguy85
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Trichocereus scopulicola (Sacred Succulents)

• hanzrobo
    11 years ago

I tried flipping the phone but the image keeps flipping back over! lol

Sorry, I don't know much about cactaceae.

• ethnoguy85
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Trichocereus are what got me into C&S. Only been growing them for a couple years but I've been growing and collecting other plants for about 13 years now.

• beachplant
    11 years ago

I love these and have a few in my collection. I really wanna know how you get those rocks to stay in there with the plant growing upside down. Are they glued in like those dreadful gardens they sell at garden centers? Now I finally have a use for that hanging tomato garden.
    I've had pics do that on here before but no idea why, generally I use photobucket.

I am always so impressed by cacti grown from seeds. I would either drown them or forget them.
    Tally HO!

• Red66
    11 years ago

Yep,,I love growing from seed.

• ethnoguy85
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Red- I like the blue sand! What species are they?

• notolover
    11 years ago

Red66:

Love that baby Trichocereus forest. Where do you find blue sand-like at Michael's?

All the other pictures are great, too. I like Trichocereus, but I only have mature hybrids so far.

I'm starting some Trichocereus grandiflorus seed along with my Echinopsis tomorrow and I only hope I have some percentage of germination/growth that you all have had.

This post was edited by notolover on Sat, Mar 30, 13 at 11:00

• kaktuskris
    11 years ago

This is one of my T. pachanoi.

Christopher

• Red66
    11 years ago

I get the sand from wallyworld.Its non toxic play sand for kids,made by Crayola.They are Trichocerous Puruvianus.

• ethnoguy85
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Labeled as T. pachanoi from Altman Plants. I like how it goes semi-monstrose to normal and back again.

• ethnoguy85
    Original Author
    11 years ago

T. bridgesii monstrose Clone A. There seems to be some debate as to the clone a and clone b. some say the long segmented is b and some say a. I have this labeled as a because the grower Sacred Succulents had it labeled as such.

• ethnoguy85
    Original Author
    11 years ago

T. bridgesii Baker 5452

This post was edited by ethnoguy85 on Sat, Mar 30, 13 at 14:27

• linda_denman_island
    11 years ago

It's rewarding growing from seed. The seedlings are the cutest. Here is T. tarijensis poco and I think T. terscheckii:

• Red66
    10 years ago

Just some cuttings. Time to propagate some.

• CactusSquirrel
    10 years ago

I'm new to this. I got this at Lowes. It is labeled Trichocereus grandiflorus / Torch Cactus. I'm hoping I put it out in a small "alpine" garden I'm building. What do I do about all the little guys on the side?

• ethnoguy85
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Just let them grow. Once they get some size 4-6" you can cut them off and root them.

• ethnoguy85
    Original Author
    10 years ago

T. Peruvianus x juul's giant Crest

• ethnoguy85
    Original Author
    10 years ago

T. Pachanoi crest clone B

• Red66
    10 years ago

After they get big enough, You can separate them from the mother plant.