Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone else growing Trichocereus?

Posted by ethnoguy85 8a (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 27, 13 at 16:50

A pic of my T. scopulicola X T. pachanoi seedlings. Seed sourced from Sacred Succulents. First cacti I've ever grown from seed. Planted 10-24-2012 any advice on when to transplant? Anyone else got Tricho's you wanna post pics of?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone else growing Trichocereus?

I don't know why my pics are sideways.... Anyway these are T. peruvianus Bk 08612.9 also from SS. Planted same time as the scop x pach. Growing a little slower but starting to bulk up.

o

Here we go.

o

You can also flip the flip phone lol

o

Trichocereus scopulicola (Sacred Succulents)

o

I tried flipping the phone but the image keeps flipping back over! lol

Sorry, I don't know much about cactaceae.

o

Trichocereus are what got me into C&S. Only been growing them for a couple years but I've been growing and collecting other plants for about 13 years now.

o

I love these and have a few in my collection. I really wanna know how you get those rocks to stay in there with the plant growing upside down. Are they glued in like those dreadful gardens they sell at garden centers? Now I finally have a use for that hanging tomato garden.
I've had pics do that on here before but no idea why, generally I use photobucket.

I am always so impressed by cacti grown from seeds. I would either drown them or forget them.
Tally HO!

o

Yep,,I love growing from seed.

o

Red- I like the blue sand! What species are they?

o

Red66:

Love that baby Trichocereus forest. Where do you find blue sand-like at Michael's?

All the other pictures are great, too. I like Trichocereus, but I only have mature hybrids so far.

I'm starting some Trichocereus grandiflorus seed along with my Echinopsis tomorrow and I only hope I have some percentage of germination/growth that you all have had.

This post was edited by notolover on Sat, Mar 30, 13 at 11:00

o

This is one of my T. pachanoi.

Christopher

o

I get the sand from wallyworld.Its non toxic play sand for kids,made by Crayola.They are Trichocerous Puruvianus.

o

Labeled as T. pachanoi from Altman Plants. I like how it goes semi-monstrose to normal and back again.

o

T. bridgesii monstrose Clone A. There seems to be some debate as to the clone a and clone b. some say the long segmented is b and some say a. I have this labeled as a because the grower Sacred Succulents had it labeled as such.

o

T. bridgesii Baker 5452

This post was edited by ethnoguy85 on Sat, Mar 30, 13 at 14:27

o

It's rewarding growing from seed. The seedlings are the cutest. Here is T. tarijensis poco and I think T. terscheckii:

o

Just some cuttings. Time to propagate some.

o

I'm new to this. I got this at Lowes. It is labeled Trichocereus grandiflorus / Torch Cactus. I'm hoping I put it out in a small "alpine" garden I'm building. What do I do about all the little guys on the side?

o

Just let them grow. Once they get some size 4-6" you can cut them off and root them.

o

T. Peruvianus x juul's giant Crest

o

T. Pachanoi crest clone B

o

After they get big enough, You can separate them from the mother plant.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here