Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Have Cactus Shades, Will Travel!!

Posted by rosemariero6 z10 /ss24 So. Calif. (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 12, 12 at 16:53

Like Have Guns, Will Travel??!! (it's an old western TV show-I barely remember)

As bantered about in some previous posts, we thought it'd be fun to have the cactus sunglasses (shades) that I wore for a recent C&S show sent to other people on the forum, to snap your pic & post here! Have some fun!!

Some basic guidelines:

Each person who receives them is expected to snap a photo of ther own mug with the shades on...at a location of your choice...but preferrably with some succulents in the pic! Then you come back to THIS post...put your mugshot with the shades & see who else has commented on this thread that wants them sent their way! It's up to you to get that person's snail mail addy (via their GW page).

There is a small booklet sent with the cactus sunglasses...like a guest book. Please add your name, date, general area (whatever detail you're comfortable sharing) before you send the package on its way! This way, we'll see how far it's traveled!

Congrats to Ryan/hanzrobo, who will be the 1st recipient! (pkg went out today) We already know the 2nd will be Jessica/chaparralgirl.

I'm starting it off with my mugshots:

So who would like to be next?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Have Cactus Shades, Will Travel!!

RoRo,

Those are some great pics!

I sent a SDCSS shirt to Australia a few years ago, and I think it then went to Holland, but I'm not sure.

It will be great to see the spectacled pictures here of our clan.

o

The shades arrived 2 days ago, finally had time to swing by the park. The city must have planted this cactus when they first established the park because it is huge! The trunk is over 4 feet wide.
Photobucket

Bonus: My favorite place with my 2 favorite people.
Photobucket

Thanks Ro! These shades are so sweet, I just want to wear them around town a little bit. I tried them on the freeway briefly, my segway into St. Patty's day.
Click here for more graphics and gifs!
Up next... AG!

o

Ha ha...you look great with them, Ryan! Wow! Hijole! What a monster behind you! Looks like fun with the kids. Glad you're enjoying the travelin' shades! It is fun to see people's reaction to them.

Who's next? Jessica?

Any of you want to be in line to get the cactus shades~record the travel itinerary? Just say so here!

o

I know, I have a hard time focussing on the human. Sorry, the glasses are cool but That catus is just upstaging you BIG TIME. LOL That is some cactus!!

o

Jessica (chaparralgirl) is the latest recipient of the traveling shades, but is MIA at the moment. Just bringing the post up so she can find it! Pix coming soon (I think)! =)

Folks, post here if you'd like to participate in this silly travelogue.

o

Yes! I'd like to get on that waiting list... I already know where I want to take my pic :)

o

It would be great to be on the list. It might break your computer screen though. We did this on a bbq forum and it floated through the entire US to Japan and German. Took 5 years to finally get to the original intended creater of the forum and he never knew about it.

o

There are a few peeps before you, Casie, so good you got your name on the list!

You too, Dirtguy! I'm not sure I understand what happened on that other forum. What was passed around? Was it about barbeques? The forum creator was unaware of whatever was being passed around?

Well, however long it takes, it should be fun! We're hoping folks don't take too long before they get these cactus glasses on the road again. :)

o
Cactus Shades are BACK!

OK! Back on the original thread. Here's the mug shot:

Photobucket

NOW. The list. I need to know who's on it, and in what order. Microthrix just requested the shades, and I said yes, not knowing that there were already others lined up. Totally my bad. Is there an actual, concrete list?

Rosemarie: It is, indeed, the Sonoran Desert - part of it, anyway. Those are the Coyote Mountains behind me, on the north side of Interstate 8. I actually went hiking out there one night back in April. A bunch of us from my geology class, under full moonlight. It was beautiful. We went out to the Wind Caves.

And my sidekick there is my beautiful baby girl, Sulah. No, she's not the foster. She's our very own, our pride and joy. The apple of her daddy's eye, but she'd totally a mama's girl. She usually joins us when we head to SD - I'll have to bring her by next time we come out, and you can meet her. :)

*CG*

o

Thanks for moving it over to this thread, CG!

I thought Greg or Colleen was on the beginning of the list. Ask them & we'll get everyone who asked down on a list. I don't think anyone will mind what order it goes...as long as it moves along. =) (No concrete list)

That hike & Wind Caves sounds like a wonderful experience, Jessica!

Sulah is beautiful!! We have 3 who would have a blast when she comes to visit! Oh...you too! :D

Link to other thread-for reference.

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to 2nd thread-just in case you want to see

o

No, I know I wasn't on the sunglasses list, lol. haha!

Colleen

o

so what has happened to the traveling cactus glasses...
and rosemariero6 what is that varigated plant you are holding????

o

I did not ask Jessica who she sent them off to...YET...but I will! Do you want a whirl with them, Linda??

The variegated plant is an Aeonium 'Sunburst'.

Speak UP...if you have the cactus glasses! =)

o

Finally got the shades moving again! Yay! See post at link below if Greg (Hijole) doesn't post here also. You look great with them, even if you can only see cactus, Greg! =)

Here is a link that might be useful: Greg w/the shades

o

This might look like a Double shot because it is but now It's in the right category, I couldn't locate it, thanks rosemarie, OMG these are too cool where did you find them at ?

I'm sending them to josh " greenman" next and I have a feeling there headed to are little friend Microthrix , O wait you have to be at least 18 years old. Just kidding LOL...

Greg

o

Yay! You got it over here, Greg. I have to put some of the title words in the search box to find the thread.

The glasses don't exactly "shade" you, but they ARE fun! Found them at a store called Party City. They have stuff for themed parties (sunglasses for ALL occasions: chili peppers, stars, martini glasses, etc.).

LOL, on having to be 18! :P I htink I heard a GASP from Zeck!

o

( ._.) ...ummm im 18 ! My birthday was yesterday! No lie! :P

o

Looking sharp, Greg! You're really "owning" those shades. You might have to head over to Party City and pick up your own pair.

I like how I can see your walkway and the street in the reflection.

o

Hanzrobo, Very good observation, I had to go back and look at what walkway and street is he talking bout?

Micro, I'm sorry but will need to see some I.D still please. J.K

Sherryinmaine, Thanks girl will have to make sure these glasses swing by your house too very soon, have a good day Yall.

Rosemarie, You think of all the good ideas when do you sleep?

Greg

o

Moving this post over to this thread:

Posted by greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a (My Page) on Sun, Jul 22, 12 at 13:26

Good morning, Greg and friends!

Well, it's already 100 degrees F. on this very sunny Sunday...! Thank goodness for these shades ;-D

o
RE: Have Cactus Shades, Will Travel!! more

Nice to SEE you, Josh, with your COOL shades! Where'd you get them??? LOL

o

Thanks, Rosemarie!
Got 'em by way of a nice guy named Greg ;-D
The shades will be a'traveling again soon....bear with me!

Josh

o

• Posted by jolj 7b/8a-S.C.,USA (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 28, 12 at 13:41

COOL!

o

Way too cool. But my head is too large!! Also if I look half as good as you guys, I will keep them.
Stush

o

Well, I guess I'll get on line for them after Stush, for when they start heading East, pretty cool folks.

o

Rosemarie, you have e-mail ;-)

Josh

o
RE: Have Cactus Shades Will Trade.

Yo Booboo how do I look? Maybe the Ranger won't recognize me wit these sun glasses .

Had a few extra minutes and I wanted to be funny, have a great week everyone. You know It's been hot when the bears come out wearing shades, there saying only 100 degrees in my neck of the woods.

Greg

o

You rock Greg.

o

Stush, Right On Brother, Hows the garden doing and when you going to be in Cali?

Greg

o

Nice shot, Greg! Hey, Stush, good to see you, too! ;-)

Greg, it was only 98°F when I left work today....so you got me beat by 2°F ;-)

Josh

o

I have been keeping busy and still getting all my plants ready for photos. Coming soon.

o

Hey, everyone!
I know you're all in suspense waitin' on them slick shades!
Well, they've been in transit for a while.... ;-)

Josh

o

Hey all, wheres the shades??????
its been close to a month..is the mail that slow????

o

Yeah...either the mail is that slow, or else there's been a theft :-(
I'm very bummed that they haven't arrived.

Josh

o

:-( I hope there hasn't been a theft! This is a cool idea.

~Erin~

o

Such a great idea!

o

Okay...since you brought it to the top, Greta...I'll update a bit. Since we lost the 1st pair of glasses, I'm going to send out a 2nd set (near the end of Jan) to Jeff. There are half a dozen peeps in line for them (if they still want to be recipients). I will check with those folks & post the list of who is in line (sometime soon). Any others want to be included, post your request here & I will add you to the list! I'll also be posting some general guidelines for these traveling shades.

~Rosemarie/RoRo/Roma

o

Please put me on the list!

o

Thanks for the update, Rosemarie. I'd love to be added, please!

o

If they are coming to the east coast, I'll take a pair!

o

Chad,

Even as we speak, machinations are being planned for Les Glasses to go from West to East, where they're to be sent along for a while before coming back West at some point and crossing this great country betwixt. In fact, I'm going to venture that someone's going to be sending Agave pups, along with the glasses and something Crassulicious, in winter, (fool)hardy feller that he is.

o

Ok guys, we might have to place a low jack device on the shades,
not to catch a thief but to trace them @ the globe.

Has anyone ever been looking for your glasses and all the while your wearing them ? Lol... Ok, ok. So everyone just check and see if you're not wearing them.

Nope! Not me, I sent them to josh lol... Josh you got um on? Just kidding of course josh. It's all good.

Greg

o

Send those babies to the cold, frozen northeast!

T

o

Okay! Have Cactus Shades, Will Travel...will be hittin' the road again in a couple of weeks! I will be sending this replacement pair to Jeff, which he will send along to peeps closer to the east coast. We have names of several forumees over that direction they will go to, before heading back this way. Zech (Microthrix) will be 1st on the list once they come back toward the west coast. (Note for Chad...you cannot keep them! LOL)

Some simple guidelines for recipients:

I will send along a small notebook w/the shades, for recording where they've been (city/state), who had them (real name/forum moniker) & a message (if you like).

For those who had the 1st pair of shades, let me know if you'd like me to include a message (besides your name/location) to the notebook before I send it off to Jeff. hanzrobo, chaparralgirl, hijole, greenman28

You are required to take a pic of yourself with the glasses ON, with a succulent in the pic (succulent, pokey, combo, doesn't matter-one or more-holding, next to, whatever).

Try to get the glasses (& notebk) back in the mail to the next person in a timely manner (a week would be nice). If you don't know who's next on the list, contact me. If you know, contact them for their snailmail address. The glasses do fit in a small Priority flat rate box ~ postage $5.35 rt now (going up 1/27/13 to $5.80)~altho' I sent them before in a smaller box that was 2 bucks & change. Please package so they don't get squashed. I would not recommend sending any plant material with them (taking chances, I think).

Come back to THIS thread & post your pic with the shades! Write down the title of post so you can search for it later!

Have FUN with it!!

Now...others wanting to get on the list, sign up here!

o

I cant wait for some fun in the sun. Baring any major snow event:(

Jeff- ?
Any plant you try shipping now should be very hardy or someone will be getting agave pudding.
Did you ever get an agave for outside trials?

o

Let's do this!!! Placing my name on the list is good for me, just don't place my address on it though. I need to protect my plants lol...

Greg

o

Hi RoRo,

Put me on the list pls. for when they come East of the Rockies.

Thank you for being Steward (Captain?) of the Traveling Cactus Shades.

o

Okay, Greg wasn't planning on address~just city & state. I could put just general area if you like.

Karen, you're on the list already. Thanks! I'm happy to steer the shades! =)

o

RoRo's indeed the Captain of this ship. They're leaving tomorrow, on a jet plane, possibly, en route via Priority to Tom, where they'll begin their East Coast phase.

photo DSC02870_zpsa6a884bc.jpg

o

Jeff, please don't get mad. You look like the man on the Bob Evans comericals. The one dressed as the Sun, pushing the egg sandwich. Or is it just me.
Stush

o

Great pic, Jeff! I thought you told me you were going to lick a Ferocactus...be a Ferocactus Face!? Good to hear the shades traveled well...and they are on their way to Tom. Tally ho!!

o

I'm so happy for you Jeff, you are lucky number 6! That is very low on the list that is sure to become a creature of legend.
I couldn't locate any footage of a sun man pushing an egg sandwich but I do know one thing. "We do it right, or we don't do it!", and you, my friend, are doing it right.

o
Cactus Shades: Found Nemo!

Well, what can I say...I am not sure that these shades will experience 2 feet of fresh snow any time in the near future again - but you never know.

I had to be very selective about who to bring outside with me, so I grabbed a few of my hardiest Opuntias to join in the fun:

And, to warm up a bit, a pic of my son hugging our very cuddly cactus...

Brrrrrrrrrrrr!

So, next stop: The Big Apple

Tom

This post was edited by tom_termine on Mon, Feb 11, 13 at 6:24

o

Jeff, love the pimp suit! But you should of licked the cactus!

Tom, thats way to much snow for me. Those shades would have to sit in the mail box. You have some beautiful plants.

o

Tom,
Your a better man than me. You can smile with all that show and bad weather.
Love your green house.
Stush

o

I'll tell you, it wasn't easy to smile through this one...I am sure others on the forum in the Northeast can attest to that!

Every two hours or so, I ran outside dug a trench to my greenhouse (and to my poor dog's 'business' area...), swept the snow off the greenhouse, and dug around its foundation. I was so afraid of the snow weight collapsing the damn thing...it turned out fine.

The bummer is how this now postpones spring (or spring activities). I was out there just last week planning what I was going to dig up in my yard...even thought about putting my Y. rostrata out there early. NOT!

Anyway, we kept our electricity, kept our phone and satellite service, and my greenhouse still stands. Count my blessings, I guess.

T

o

Great pictures, guys!!

Wish I could send some sunshine and warmth from Florida!

o

Great pix, Tom! You are a brave man to stand in all that white stuff!! Yikes...what you do for your plants...and dog! Here's wishing Spring comes sooner than you think! Nice plants...and son to show 'em off! Your Aloe plicatilis is looking good!!

o

Hi Tom, great pictures..love the one with your son, good looking young man.....I like that cactus too...
just to let you know, I googled that cactus and that picture of your son came up.....I also have had some of my pictures that I posted on GW show up on a google searches...linda

o

Hi Linda -

"I googled that cactus and that picture of your son came up"...that's interesting, I think I'd rather that did not happen. When I just googled it, I found it too. I wonder if there is a way to stop that from happening?

Tom

o

Tom, you can try editing your post & removing the name of the cactus. But since Google bots have already picked it up, may not work to remove it. I've had similar pix of mine show up~I was not happy about either.

o

Hi Tom....I forgot to ask, how long have you had this cactus, and what size was it when you got it? I guess I'm trying to figure out how long does it take to get that big...
and about the picture, remember about a month or so ago it was on the news about photo hosting sites were going to start selling people pictures, are they doing that???? linda

o

Hey Tom, where in Mass are you? I live outside Springfield.

o

Hi Linda -

I have had that 'cactus to remain unnamed' for over fifteen years by my estimation. When I got it, it was probably less than two feet tall.

Hi Laura -

We are in metrowest...Sudbury...

Tom

o

Hey There Folks,

The Shades have been traveling again, down the East Coast, from snowy Mass.to NYC, snowy, rainy, Brooklyn.

Hi Tom,

I'm not taking my plants outside in the snow, not me. Ditto about your son, nice pix too.

Was hoping to shoot pix in the Brooklyn Botanic Garden w/ the Feb. Blooming Aloes, but the weather was not on my side last weekend.

So, indoors it is, the Shades

photo P1080120_zps1192ee67.jpg

never took my own pix before, really was just experimenting,

mostly succulents

photo P1080137_zps2b38e327.jpg

Euph. milii, nice to have blooms at this time of year, hanging behind me a TC.

You all know of my love of Sans. right? These are recent foster-Sans. from my local Plant Society.

photo P1080134_zps9091c96a.jpg

I believe the next stop for the Travelling Cactus Shades will be in Pennsylvania!

photo P1080132_zps8d0cb019.jpg

o

Yay, Karen! You did a good job w/the self-pix. =) I had to experiment before as well. Nice to see you...and your sux...and your quilts behind!! VERY nice, all! And the cactus shades are travelin' again!

o

Love the quilts! Very talented.

o

Yes, thanks ladies for the kind words about my quilts; there are few spots in my home w/out any these days.

Thanks, RoRo about the pix too, really easier than I'd imagined. (Once I got over holding my head at what ended up several unflattering angles.)

I went to the Botanic Garden today, was colder out than it appeared, very few people there. Some C&S things blooming at the Arid Conservatory, less than I'd expected but nice. I'll post those pix to another thread some time.

o

Nice to see you Karen. I love the quilt that looks like modern art. Very cool.

o

I want them next!!!! :) :) :)

o

Great pics, Karen! Glad the shades got there okay...on to the Keystone state!

Tom

o

Ok from the Keystone State, Well at least Coraopolis area which is between Pittsburgh and Pittsburgh International Airport. What a beautiful day the shades arived. Full sunny day, first in a while. Too bad it's not spring yet I could have gotten a picture on my porch loaded with plants. Well here goes.
 photo 101_3014_zps174604ba.jpg
My big Euphorba Latea.
 photo 101_3011_zpsb8de7019.jpg
And the one who makes it all possible, my wife;
 photo 101_3015_zpsee0451d6.jpg
Now off to Chad in North Carolina.
Stush

o

Mr & Mrs Stush, They look lovely on you guy's good to see your better half my friend and please don't think I didn't notice the Boss sign for a minute lol... Hey we all have one stush so I like your style - Lets just make it known.

Pirate girl, What a nice picture of you also, Boy these glasses are traveling like lighting nowadays good job everyone.

Tom T. Ok, ok they look good on you as well and boy those plants are gorgeous too.

Greg .

o

Very nice, Stush and The Boss!!

o

Nice to SEE you, Stush! You look good with the shades, too! Great plants! I don't think I've seen a 'Topsy Turvy' that BIG before! Love the BOSS!

Thanks to all for moving the shades along the traveling path! FUN!

Bryanna, I'll get you on the list. There are several folks in front of you. I need to consult my list. Please email me (via my profile page) with your snail mail address.

o

Karen, I know nothing of the quilts but the shades look good on ya.

Stush, glad you were allowed to take some pics. I really like that Euphorba.

o

You guys look great! (I'm addressing your eyebrows)

Haha, just kidding, been waiting to see the Stush and we got a bonus! She looks like a kind but firm employer.

o

Ryan, Do you know I had to cut over 1 inch off my eyebrows. The Boss makes me trim them 3 times a year. If I didn't, the whole top of my forehead would be covered. I think I got a picture in here somewhere before a trimming.
Greg, We all can't be Sam the Sham, So of us has to be a Pharaoh, Know what I mean my man. So far, I think you got the award for Cactus Shades of the Year. Jeff is a close second. I know I'm in last place.
Karen, Looking good also. My wife also quilts and the one on my chair is one of them. She has about a dozen or so around. I should have took her picture with those.
Mike, Come on my friend. You can't look worse than me. But I know about being shy. I never ever took my picture before.
Stush

o

Nice to see you Stush! That Euphorbia really takes over! I have one of those. I know eventually it will grow too big for my house.

o

Hey Stush,

Nice to see ya, & the shades suit you well! Really, they do along w/ those couple of Sans ya got there! I did notice the quilt behind you, lovely blues. That Euph looks ready to take over the world.

Lovely Mrs. Stush, nice to see her too along w/ the nice window box of Echeverias, what a nice idea!

Thanks Tom, yeah the shades travelled well!

o

Karen,
In the first picture, right above the book to the right, that's your Bantal Sensation. Staying nice and warm in the tank. All those in the tank grew great comparied to the ones on the window seals.

o

Its been a beautiful day here in N.C. 72F and my bald head is turning red. These photos were taken at our local zoo.

o

Oops the wife was being silly.

o

Mrs. Chad adds a dimension hitherto unknown but delightful.

o

Hee hee hee, nice to see you AND Mrs. Chad! Did you get funny looks from peeps at the zoo? Looks like a nice garden they keep there! =)

o

Oh yeah, everyone loved the shades. Lots of comments and chuckles. I was considering leaving them on.

I love their garden, but they have done a terrible job labeling plants.

o

You get the echo prize for closest duplication of cactus shades with those two columns, not to mention your perfectly round dome echoing the shades and implying a similar shape above... In my professional opinion, you nailed it.

Another thing I noticed after seeing your beautiful wife, the proportions of shades in relation to head size. When you look at the 2 photos, you look like a giant! Are you a giant?

o

Nice pictures Chad. I had the same problem with my wife. After 4 pictures she made one good one. I should have mailed her first one. Glad I entered this.
Stush

o

Hey all! Being fairly new, I don't have any really exciting plants to showcase. I hope to have some decently grown by the end of the summer. Here I am with some of my faves on the deck.

o

Shades on the way to Zech! Here's another with a small wavy jade...not hiding behind the glasses.

o

Yes! The shades resurface!

Great pics, Laura! Very nice plants...what do you plan to do with all those babies with a freeze warning in the forecast?!?!

I can't believe it either.

...I am really tired of this spring...sigh

Tom

o

I take them in and then bring them back out at 7 am. It's supposed to get down to 38 tonight. I would leave them out (with a couple of exceptions), but it rained like crazy yesterday. Cold and wet not a good combo!

o

Very nice plants you have there. Glad to see the shades made it I was starting to worry.

Hanzrobo, LMAO! Not sure how I missed your post.

Stush, she actually took very good pics even when she wasnt drooling.

o

Nice to SEE you, Laura! Good with & without the shades. Great collection you have going there (so neat/tidy, too). Can I have that wire chair behind you? Cute!

Glad to know the travellin' shades are on their way again! I think Linda or Greta is up next after Zeck. Must go find my list! :D

o

Here I am with the shades guys! Gotta have a pic with your tongue out of coarse.

o

Now a good old' regular smiling one. Gotta love those opuntia monocantha variegata Montrose. I'll have the shades moving on to the next person as soon as I have an address!

o

Looking good, Zeck! That's a better 'stache than I can grow.

o

Good to see you with the shades, Zeck! Nice succulents you have there! =)

o

Zeck, I see you finally got the glasses kid I'm glad for you. I didn't realize that was your tongue at first glance I thought it was a crested cactus in your garden Lol... just kidding.

They look nice on you zeck.

Laura, For just starting you have a nice collection already and they multiply quick tpoo so get ready.

Chadec, You guys are looking good also and like part of the garden I might add, very nice.l

Greg

o

MIA Cactus Shades! I've been trying to contact the person next in line (via email) to see if they received the shades or find out what's the hold-up on getting these cactus shades a-travellin' along...again. =)

While I'm at it...are there others who'd like to be next in line?

o

sorry about the wait guys! i put them somewhere safe so i wouldnt forget them, and guess what? i forgot them. they are currently in the mail actively being sent to the address rosiemarie sent me!

o

I would love to have the glasses sent up to me in canada, we have cacti too you know??? lol

o

Thanks for checking in, Zeck! =) Glad to hear they are on their way!

Wiley, I'll message you if I'm able (through your profile page). If not, or you don't hear from me, please message me through My Page. We will put you down!

bryannaarmstrong, if you're still around, you need to send me your snail mail addy via My Page as well!

This post was edited by rosemariero on Tue, Jul 2, 13 at 20:54

o

Have the glasses been received by
the addressee?

This post was edited by cactusmcharris on Sat, Sep 14, 13 at 15:12

o

The person last sent to did acknowledge receipt. I'm pretty sure I sent reminders as well. Forgot to check again. Will do now! =)

o

L O L

I am new to the forums and just went through all the pics. This cracked me up!!

o

Yorkimiki, glad you cracked up about this! Nice to have some levity on the forum! :)

Unfortunately, I'm sad to say (after repeated attempts) I have not heard back from the latest recipient of the cactus shades. :( I hope they have not been taken ill (or worse) or that they might have computer troubles (like I'm having now w/my laptop).

IF I am able to make it to the store where I bought the other 2 pair & IF they still have them available~ I'll get another pair & send off to Wiley. (I may have to contact you again for address if I can't access my address bk on laptop by then).

Sigh ~ best laid plans & all that, you know?!

o

Still no reply from last person. Not sure I will continue this trek of the cactus shades, unless enough interest is shown...people wanting to participate. Wiley in Canada is the only person I have left on the list right now.

If more comment here, I'll go out & see if I can get another pair to send off. Just LMK.

o

I love this idea. Its a shame they continue to go mia. I think it would be fun to keep it going. I would be willing to be a recipient if there is enough interest.

Patrick

o

Send them my way I hope more people jump in

o

Rosemariero,
I have a great idea. Why not tell where you can purchase the glasses and let any or all show or reshow their pictures. We can have a cactus club. Like when we go to the nurseries or shows we ware our glasses.

o
RE: Have Cactus Shades, They Gotta Travel!!

Well, not to put too fine a point on it folks, but to the future participants, if you sign on to this project, we DO expect you to follow up. A lot of us to cared to do this, keeping it fun, interesting & prompt!

If you don't think you can keep track of them long enough to mail & pass them on to the next person, then pls. do not sign up for this. Thanks.

Our friend RoRo has worked quite hard to keep this up & running, so thanks again RoRo, for some good fun & nice laughs!

o

Bummer! cactus tumbleweed photo cactustmblwdsmiley_zps3822b00d.gif I just got back from the store where I purchased the others. They don't have them anymore. crying photo crying.gif

I would've been sending them to you, Frank...and you could send to Patrick...BUT...the party supply store isn't carrying them (maybe it's a summer item?). But good idea, Stush...for others to find in their area. I doubt these glasses would be in stock anywhere regularly, though. I believe it started as part of a western-themed party supply. They still have the chili pepper glasses.

Thanks for the support, Karen! thumb photo thumb.gif

So, we'll have to put the travels of the cactus shades on hold for now.

I'll write a snail-mail letter to the person who had them last & see if maybe their life is in an uproar~ preventing them from sending them along. It would be a shame to lose the travel journal that was with them. Well, we lost the 1st one already.

It WAS fun while it lasted! bunny dance photo dancesingardendisco.gif

I got them at Party City, if any of you have such a store in your area (or try any party supply store-maybe Halloween costume shop?).

o

Found them. Now we can do Stush's idea!

Here is a link that might be useful: Cactus Club Uniform

o

Hi everyone.....the Party City near me has three pairs, $7.99.....you want them I can get them and send them to you....cost of the glasses plus postage....I would like to know tonight on this, I will be going shopping tomorrow, my day off...I could get them and send them tomorrow....linda

o

Yay, you found them, Ryan! Steeper price than I paid.

Oh, I see Linda found them too! That price is closer-think I paid $7. I think I'll wait to see if they get them in stock here again. Thanks for the offer, Linda!

o

I'm going to stop by mine to see if the have any left. Don't know when I'm going. Too crazy now. Maybe next week.

o

Now that the weather is warming up (for some) how about someone busting out the Cactus Shades, "NO QUESTIONS ASKED" & Lets start this up again.

Greg

o

I'm with Greg, don't make go rogue up in here.....

o

I'm with Greg, don't make go rogue up in here.....

o

Chad's right - it's a rogue state that has got them.

o

The person to whom the shades were sent last has not been seen on this forum since that time (last July). I think they will not be back. :(

I have too many things on my plate to start another go-round. Anyone else want to...be my guest. :)

o

Rosemariero- what does it entail? Maybe I can do it. Seems like it was a fun run.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here