dioscorea mexicana

Posted by RetiredFlorida 9 (floridabeachportraits@gmail.com) on
Mon, Mar 18, 13 at 17:15

Deleted

This post was edited by RetiredFlorida on Mon, Mar 18, 13 at 20:19

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: dioscorea mexicana

Deleted....okay. Well, at least answer me this: What is your occupation and where do you live?

o

LOL :-)

o

Do you think I was trolling? Why would you make such a silly comment?? Do you feel there is something illegal about this plant?

o

No, just being silly, didn't intend any ill will.

o

Ok hanzrobo, I don't purport to know everything but your posting gave me the wrong vibe, as in perhaps this might be a prohibited plant or something.

o

Really sorry to make you feel that way. I've never seen a deleted post before, was just trying to be funny while helping it move along.

o

• Posted by rina_ 6a Ont (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 19, 13 at 14:50

Retired

Did you want to ask something about that plant?
Or perhaps post photo of one you have?

(BTW, I thought hanzrobo's comment was funny - you have your 'occupation' & place you live in your e-mail addy...) Rina

This post was edited by rina_ on Tue, Mar 19, 13 at 14:53

o

It is all good folks.No harm done. I received the plant from Thailand that had traveled for two weeks in the mail. It was very dry and I was in a panic, needlessly wanting information on what I should do.
It was purchased for a friend who promptly advised what to do.
I know there are some things prohibited and was concerned, briefly with the comments but now, I can see how comical this all was. I have tried to removed that email without removing it from access of others, but don't know how to do it.

o

In Hanz' defense, the exact same joke occurred to me, then I noticed someone had already "done it." If people weren't jealous of the condition "retired, Florida"... at least that's where I'm coming from.... 15 miles north of the border, people ask, "why didn't you just move to FL?" I say, "the truck broke down here."

One person's food is an American's weed! I hope you found a great gift for your friend!

Once at my Mom's house, we thought morning glories had volunteered and I got a ladder out and nailed a trellis up for it. We watered and fertilized it, training the stray vines up the trellis... wondering why the flowers were so weird and small. Finally we realized it was Polygonum cuspidatum, one of the most vigorous and invasive weeds in existence. When she moved years later, the battle was still raging, coming up on the other side of the house, across the driveway, in the neighbors' lawn...

If you'd like to read some other funny mistake stories, I made a post about it in fav forum a while back. I don't mind sharing them in the interest of providing a laugh.

o

Alright, when is somebody gonna tell me how to change the email display and where, hmmmm? Yeah I kinda rub it in with the RetiredFlorida handle huh?

You know I told a friend once that the butterflies absolutely adore purple thistle which grows all over the roadsides here. I said I would put some in my yard regardless, just haven't seen any yet, LOL.

o

Yep, people notice that, sigh... retired... Florida...

At the top of the page above the search box, click "your profile." Down in the yellow section, show my email address to: drop-box. Select "none." Then I like to have "allow people to send me email" checked because people often use that to suggest trades or ask questions privately. Sometimes they send more info from a name-that-plant question if it's been a while and they just noticed it but don't want to bump it back to the top.

o

Hmmm, it still shows above, so I'll post this to see if it was fixed, thanks purpleinopp!

o

YW - it's fixed. Back to relaxing!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here