Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Succulents

Posted by bmock 7b (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 10, 14 at 17:37

I picked up these three today at Home Depot.

They are labeled aloe Blizzard, aloe Partridge Breast, and sedum Adolphii.
Does anyone grow these? Comments or advice appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Succulents

• Posted by rina_ 5a Ont (My Page) on
    Mon, Mar 10, 14 at 17:53

I have partridge, grows very well and seems to pup well too - there are couple more pups hiding behind. The plant more than doubled in size in 1.5yrs I have it, and all but one pup grew since.
I have another looking very similar to your Blizzard, it is also growing very well and pups even more. I have that one since June 2013, and it produced more than 12 pups since, already separated some of them.

Rina

This post was edited by rina_ on Mon, Mar 10, 14 at 18:08

o

• Posted by rina_ 5a Ont (My Page) on
    Mon, Mar 10, 14 at 17:54

Here is the photo of the other one, not sure about proper name.
This is after I separated few of the pups, and there are more since.
I don't have any special recommendations, they are watered sparsely during the winter - but all my succulents are in quite cold room (just under 50F), so I am trying to keep them drier. I have most of them in gritty mix.

Rina

This post was edited by rina_ on Mon, Mar 10, 14 at 17:59

o

Barb,
You make me want to go shopping. What a find. Just what I was looking for. Also those Aloe looks like flower spikes coming. Going to try cross polenation. That woud be wild.
Stush

o

The Partridge Breast pot was broken, so I asked for another pot. I took it out of the old pot when I got home and crumbled away some wet soil, and there are 6 pups already. A nice surprise.

This seems to be a good time to have a look around the stores, new stock are coming in. I always look for sansevierias, but they only had the most common ones, nothing special.

Rina, your plants are really nice.
Stush, no, those sticks are the old bloom spikes, now to wait for new ones.

o

I have some of the sedum in the picture, very nice looking addition to the garden or pots, they become very colorful with stress and a little bit of water.
Thanks for sharing,

Greg

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here