Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Euphorbia trigona (I think) branches falling over -- help?

Posted by lindsay_b none (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 23, 13 at 18:15

Hi all! I'm a *very* newbie gardener and don't know much about this plant. I rent from a very nice lady and I'd hate to let her plant die if I can avoid it!

First, one of its long stalks fell over; then two others followed suit. They don't appear to be broken at the base. My question: should I try to prop them back up (maybe tie the whole thing to some structural support), or is the falling over evidence of disease that should be removed? I do notice that several of the stalks have large brown patches up the middle, but don't know if that's common for this plant. I wonder if the whole thing is getting enough light, since it's planted beneath a large tree?

If the fallen parts do need to be removed, is that a job for a professional? I know it has a milky sap that is a nasty allergen.

Many thanks in advance for any advice you can give!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Euphorbia trigona (I think) branches falling over -- help?

Mine does this all the time... I don't have mine planted in full sun and that is the problem I think... plants grown in full, all day sun (and re-exposed to winds as well) tend to be stiffer and more durable (though maybe a bit less colorful). Anyway, when mine is exposed to winds, many of the columns bend over.. I tie them up, but still a few find ways to bend over. REc: if you can, replant yours in full, all day sunlight. You may need to stake it up in the mean time.

o
RE: Euphorbia trigona (I think) branches falling over -- help?

Thank you so much! Very relieved to hear you have this problem too! Will try staking it, for now at least. Really appreciate the help!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here