Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
greenclaws

Dedicated Adenium forum requested...no reply

I've had no response at all to my request for the above when I contacted Gweb on 17th March. Not the result I had hoped for, even a 'no' would have been some kind of result......???

Gill from the UK.

Comments (75)

• birdsnblooms
    12 years ago

Too funny. Today, well yesterday, 3/8/12, I ordered two more variegated Adeniums from Thailand.

Suddenly, I come across this thread..

Count me in, too. Toni

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Well what a lovely response guys and gals, it's really encouraging to hear from you all, and a couple of new faces too...welcome aboard!
    Let's hope my contact will be back with some good news soon.
    I'll keep you all posted so....WATCH THIS SPACE!
    Gill from the UK ; )

• longaeva54
    12 years ago

Like adeniums, count me in.

• Bergit
    12 years ago

Hello !
    Count me in with those who "campain" for an Adenium forum.
    It would be nice to have all the Adenium post in one forum !
    New growth is starting on my 2011 seed grown Adeniums now , yippie ! ! !

• puglvr1
    12 years ago

Me too, count me in Gill!!

Nancy

• Joshuat80
    12 years ago

I would really like this , Count me in too.

• pcput
    12 years ago

Hi all, I've got Dr's with my plumerias too. Count me in. I'd love to learn more about them. Peg

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hello to all the newest ppl who would benefit from having an Adenium forum...if we get it of course! Watch out on here for progress and I'll let the folks over on the plumie forum know the outcome so thanks for responding from 'over there'.
    Gill from the UK.

• plucrazy
    12 years ago

Please count me in, I have plumerias but I have been noticing the pictures of drs on the forum and now I have three so far. Trying.
    Clara

• sflgplume
    12 years ago

I grow adeniums and would participate.

Greg

• lucas2
    12 years ago

I am interested

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for the latest 3 shows of interest....and hello!
    I hope that the views that are being shown here will go some way to convince the admin team that this new forum would be well visited. Looking at the response we have had so far, it seems very positive with 25 people who are expressing and interest so far!!!
    I'll get back to you as soon as I have any more news but I don't want to pester my contact too much! If there are any more Adenium growers out there, please please add your names to the list as the more the merrier!
    Thanks to all who have supported this request so far, I really hope this works for us all!
    Gill from the UK.

• surfbreeze
    12 years ago

I would love to have an Adenium forum. Have seedlings from some seeds I acquired from Thailand

• katluvr
    12 years ago

Hi Gill,
    It would be wonderful to have an Adenium forum, I keep buying DR and I keep killing about half of them, it would be great to hear from other growers/collectors!
    Ronda

• cactusmcharris, interior BC Z4/5
    12 years ago

Gill,

I see that you're getting a whole collection of Apocynaceae Guys and Gals, so count me in, as I'm in dreadful need of a stimulus package for my three Adenium - they've practically done nothing for a year, yet remain turgid, so I guess there's life in them yet. I think I'll start soon with a repot and, with the good offices of GW, you'll be able to teach me what I'm doing wrong.

• labland
    12 years ago

I too am interested in having and Adenium sunject added to GardenWeb, rather than having to post questions on the plumeria subject.

Thank you Gil!

Jennifer aka Labland

• kimmiesplummies
    12 years ago

Me Too!!! Count me in Gill
    Thanks
    Kim

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    Original Author
    12 years ago

...and another 5 makes it THIRTY, this is great news, thanks to all for showing your interest.
    I'm already looking forward to the first thread when we each post picures of our Adenium collections for all to see!
    I'm getting too excited, it's not happened yet, I must calm down a bit!!
    Gill from the UK.

• kayjones
    12 years ago

I have 25 of these beauties - would love to have an Adenium forum!!!!

• TT, zone 5b MA
    12 years ago

I'm in on the adenium forum...

Tom

• Aggie2
    12 years ago

Count me in, separate forum for adeniums would be great!

Aggie

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    Original Author
    12 years ago

That's 33 and counting....thanks!
    Our weather here is not very Adenium friendly at the moment, it's 4C yet again and thick fog, where has spring gone I wonder? Hopefully it will return when we put the clocks forward by one hour on Sun 25th March.
    Keep the names rolling in!
    Gill from the UK.

• bama_gardener
    12 years ago

Count me in. Would love to know more about my DR. I have only three, but I want them to thrive. With all the knowledgeable people here, it should be a great forum.

12 years ago

Gill,

Is there any scheme to vote early and often?

Still, nothing that a repot, or at least a check of the roots, won't fix - that and summer coming.

{{gwi:342546}}

It's interesting that you change your clocks a week later than we do - I reckon if you can't get it right in Greenwich, what chance do the rest of us have?

• springtime23
    12 years ago

I am looking to buy my first desert rose soon. would love a forum.dedicated to them.

• odyssey3
    12 years ago

I would participate!

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    Original Author
    12 years ago

CactusMcH, we certainly do start BST next Sunday and I quote...British Summer Time (BST) starts each year on the last Sunday in March and ends on the last Sunday in October. On Sunday 25 March at 1:00 am the clocks will go forward, meaning we lose an hour. British Summer Time ends on 28 October at 2.00 am when the clocks go back to 1.00am when we gain an hour.

Sorry for asking a dumb blonde (with errrrrm, a 'hint' of grey) question, but when you asked "is there any scheme to vote early and often" please explain Jeff.

I like you group planting of adeniums btw, not seen one before.

Had email from Gweb, had other issues to sort out, so will be getting back to me when they can.

Thanks to the latest intersted parties now we are up to 36. woohoo!
    Gill from the UK.

• tweetybaby2005 (KS 6b)
    12 years ago

Gill,
    Better late than never. Count me in. I have 7 "pint" size Adeniums.

Kuan

• zone 8
    12 years ago

I am interested, Larry

12 years ago

Gill,

It's an American myth, based on many instances of election fraud (both real and alleged), that the good denizens of Chicago are urged to vote 'early and often'.

I can't see how we don't achieve some sort of forum - we're a force of 38 and growing, like The Borg but kinder.

• writer333
    12 years ago

I would be interested in having an Adenium forum here. The genus contains at least five species with hundreds of hybrids and cultivars, so that would be useful for people trying to get care/identification for their particular plant.

• springtime23
    12 years ago

Well I bought my first Desert Rose tonight. I am excited!

• ken_ny
    12 years ago

I would participate in an adenium forum

• arctictropical
    12 years ago

I will participate. I've got about 8 Desert Rose plants.

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hello and thanks for the latest 6 messages of interest. We are now are some 42 strong and growing as the popularity of Adeniums seems far wider than I had originally thought with new names popping up daily. If this new forum does get going it looks like being a good one! I personally am eager for everyone to post pics of their plants, ask a multitude of questions, and learn more from it.
    So, we will just have to be patient and I will get back to you all as soon as I hear one way or another from the admin team. I'll keep bumping the thread back up every now and then as this is a well used forum and it 'slides down' the list often. Thanks again.
    Gill from the UK.

• lady_ee
    12 years ago

I'm in too Gill!!!!

• mystwitch
    12 years ago

Count me in as well, looks like you have some good interest. Adenium are such awesome looking plants, rather easy to grow and beginning to show up in such lovely colors. I have a batch of seedlings I am hoping to see bloom this season. Best of luck getting this going Gill.
    KB

• writer333
    12 years ago

I wish I could post pics, but I don't have a camera :(
    Might have to buy one soon.

• diane_v_44
    12 years ago

well count me in as well

I finally have somewhat figured them out

Don't figure them out to much at all
    In florida p;lant them in pots and just maybe water a bit but not to much Let nature take care of them
    I am a snowbird and have some that have been in pots for years Just coming into bloom now. They manage on their own for about half a year in their pots
    tidy up the pots and fertilize when I come down in November late Nov and again a bit of fertilizer now in March
    Don't know what one is supposed to do but this is what I do, do.

• hijole
    12 years ago

Gil , I'm in too, I had already been considering getting one based on the pictures I've seen here .

I support No plant left behind.

Hey, Nice inspired idea too Gil.

G.

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    Original Author
    12 years ago

To everyone......I have to thank CactusMcHarris actually for prompting me to contact Gweb direct following on from my comment in an earlier thread saying that I wished for an Adenium forum. Soooooo, on behalf of us all, 'A VERY BIG THANK YOU JEFF' for nudging me into action! I had truly forgotten that fact so I cannnot just sit here and take credit for this.
    I see the garden gremlins have been banished to the compost heap till later, so we may get to hear something in a day or so. Watch this space folks as we are now up to 46.
    Gill from the UK.

• plumie888
    12 years ago

Please count me in! I love adeniums and it would be nice to have a separate forum!

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sure thing Plumie888!
    Gill from the UK.

• animalcraker
    12 years ago

I would love it if there was a seperate forum for Adeniums. I don't grow any at the moment, but I would like to eventualy try. It would be really nice if I could find growing information on them in one spot, like we have for our plumeria, instead of having to sift thru a few different forums to collect the info.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    12 years ago

Great Job Gill!!!

Keep up the great work..we are behind you all of the way!!!

Take Care,

Laura

12 years ago

Oh, Gill, you needn't name me as your enabler here, I think it's just good ol' DR Passion that's the driving force for you, but it's awfully kind of you to give me reason to think that I'm going to be like a George Washington ('Father of His Country' and all that), or am I completely delusional?

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jeff, guess it was the best (read that as 'easiest') I could come up with to say thank you and would save having to carve your mugshot into a mountain in South Dakota lol!!
    Gill from the UK.

• kevphol
    12 years ago

Gill, greetings from TX my friend across the pond! Good for you for being such rebel protestor! Please count me in on your pirated GW Adenium forum.

Here's an old pic of mine just because I know we all love pics. It is even larger now and is in need of repotting.

Kevin

{{gwi:515916}}

• greenclaws UK, Zone 8a
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi Kevin. Will be good to see you on the new forum as and when. All these pics of flowering Adeniums are already starting to make me drool, and I look forward to seeing them all on the new forum. How I long for a flower on one of mine....maybe one day?
    Gill from the UK.

• coffeemom
    12 years ago

Congrats on getting your Adenium Forum!