Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ID Please!

Posted by cameracassidy none (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 5, 13 at 20:25

I've just acquired some new succulents and I'm not totally sure what they are. Any thoughts would be great!

Also, I thought the last two were the same (the pot was labeled Echeveria Afterglow on one) but on closer inspection they are different colors. Do you think it is just that one has had more sun than the other?

Here is a link that might be useful: My Site

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ID Please!

#1 is Kalanchoe luciae, #4 isEcheveria harmsii. I think the first of the lower two is After glow and the second is Echeveria subrigida. But I could be mistaken about the after glow. My afterglow is usually has more color to it. The first one could be E subrigida during winter coloration.

o

#2 is oscularia deltoides
#3 haworthia cymbiformis

o

#2 is Corpuscularia lehmannii, a great little shrubby mesemb with odd yellow-translucent flowers.

#4 looks like Haworthia cymbiformis var obtusa.

o

sorry, #3 - Haworthia

Zeck, we double posted! Well, you beat me by 3 minutes.

o

Its better that you came about hanz. I didnt look closely enough at #2 and thought it had the little teeth! We would have had a misidentified succulent!

o

Adding my take on these (some same, some diff):

1. Kalanchoe luciae
2. Corpuscularia lehmannii
3. Haworthia cymbiformis v. obtusa
4. Echeveria pulvinata (you would need to see blooms to determine if this species or harmsii)
5. & 6. Both look like within range for Echeveria 'Afterglow' to me.

o

Thank you for all the help! I really appreciate it. I'll have to see what happens with the bottom two when they get a little more sun.

o

I would agree with Rosemarie about the ID. From your pictures, it is hard to see the leaves, specifically I am looking for a "keel" in the center of the leaf it it is Echeveria subrigida, while Echeveria 'Afterglow' has smooth leaves. While I do have both, neither of mine are looking too good now so this picture is from the internet and you can see the mid-line "keel" on the leaves.

o

Since I didn't want to upload these to my Photobucket, I'm showing another picture from the internet. This is an example of Echeveria 'Afterglow'. Notice the leaves are smooth. The color on either can be very similar depending on cultural situations, i.e., water, temperature and sun exposure.

This post was edited by bikerdoc5968 on Sat, Mar 9, 13 at 21:34

o

Thanks bikerdoc5968! I think they are both Afterglow then. No "keel"

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cacti & Succulents Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here